These wholesome Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls style like a chocolate peanut butter cup! They’re nutritious, vegan, gluten free, and assured to return to your rescue when starvation strikes.
Of all of the wholesome snack recipes I make, power balls are those I come again to most.
Between my go-to Oatmeal Vitality Balls and specialty flavors (like Pumpkin Vitality Balls, Fig Almond Vitality Balls, and Ginger Cookie Wholesome Vitality Balls), I’ve made a small hipster cafe’s price of power bites and protein ball recipes through the years.
- They’re easy to make. Merely pulse in a meals processor and roll—it doesn’t get a lot simpler than that! (Though these No Bake Granola Bars are fairly easy too!)
- They’re adaptable to simply about each dietary and way of life consideration. Want yours to be uncooked, vegan, gluten free, keto, and/or naturally sweetened? Protein balls have gotten you coated!
- AND they each gas your physique with good-for-you components and vitamins whereas satisfying even probably the most discerning candy tooth. (Identical goes for these Vegan Protein Bars.)
5 Star Assessment
“Looked for this when making an attempt to deal with my peanut butter cup dependancy. Really feel so much higher figuring out I’m getting the chocolate peanut butter deliciousness with out filling my physique with who is aware of what’s within the Reese’s!”
— Lauren —
How one can Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
These chocolate peanut butter power balls (or chocolate peanut butter bliss balls as I name them) style like morsels of chocolate peanut butter cookie dough (from my Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies) however are made completely of wholesome components.
- Medjool Dates. Dates style like caramel, are excessive in fiber, and create a uncooked protein ball “dough” that’s straightforward to form (or press into these Vegan Cookie Dough Bars with Chocolate Chips). Dates are an incredible different to creating protein balls with out honey, maple syrup, or different sweeteners.
- Peanut Butter. Chocolate’s pure associate in crime. Take into accout your alternative of peanut butter will influence the consistency of the dough. Pure peanut butter with a thinner consistency could require further oats. Conversely, shelf-stable peanut butter could require that you just scale back the quantity of oats (or add extra PB to compensate).
In case you are in search of protein balls with out peanut butter, you can also make this recipe with any different nut butter or solar butter. Almond butter could be particularly divine!
- Cocoa Powder. For a extra intense, wealthy chocolatey style.
- Chocolate Chips. As a result of why cease with simply cocoa powder when you’ll be able to add little flecks of chocolate into each indulgent chew too?
- Oats. Assist bind the protein balls collectively by absorbing extra moisture from the peanut butter. Added bonus: I really like how their refined nuttiness enhances the peanut butter.
Dietary Be aware
So long as you utilize gluten free licensed rolled oats, these chocolate power balls are gluten free.
- Chia Seeds. My favourite protein different every time I’m seeking to make power balls with out protein powder. (They’re additionally my secret protein sneak in these Oatmeal Protein Cookies.)
Flaxseeds are one other fantastic addition to strive that provides crunch and protein.
- Soak and rehydrate your dates (if wanted). Pulse the dates in a meals processor till damaged into small bits.
- Add the oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips, chia seeds, and salt.
- Pulse till the combination is damaged down into small items, then add the cocoa powder.
At this level, the dough will appear like crumbs, however while you scoop some into your hand and press to roll it right into a ball, it ought to maintain collectively simply.
- If it appears too dry and isn’t holding collectively, add a little bit peanut butter.
- If it’s too sticky, add just a few extra oats.
The quantity you want could fluctuate based mostly upon the model of peanut butter you utilize and the moisture of the dates.
- Roll the dough into balls of your required dimension. Deal with your self instantly, or chill within the fridge till set. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Leftover power balls could be refrigerated for as much as 1 week.
- To Freeze. Freeze for as much as 3 months. Let thaw within the fridge or in a single day.
What to Serve with Protein Balls
Pair together with your favourite post-workout smoothie:
View all recipes
Really useful Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Meals Processor. I’ve owned this one for greater than 10 years. It’s straightforward to wash and works simply in addition to the day I purchased it.
- Cookie Scoop. A small one like that is nice for making power bites of uniform dimension and form.
- Parchment Paper. Nice for lining storage containers to stop your protein balls from sticking.
The Finest Meals Processor
This 11-cup meals processor has a strong motor and a number of attachments, which makes it very versatile.
Did you make this recipe?
Go away a score under within the feedback and let me know the way you appreciated the recipe.
Whether or not for breakfast, noon snack, or late-night dessert, wholesome chocolate peanut butter protein balls are certain to fulfill.
Continuously Requested Questions
Do Chia Seeds Keep Crunchy in Vitality Balls?
Whereas I can’t converse to all power ball recipes, the chia seeds on this chocolate peanut butter protein balls recipe keep crisp. This recipe has simply sufficient moisture to carry the balls collectively—not sufficient to trigger the chia seeds to turn into plump, tender, or gummy.
Can I Make Vitality Balls With out Dates?
Generally! Sadly, there’s not an incredible substitute for dates on this explicit power ball recipe. The dates are important for this recipe to sweeten the power balls and provides them their form. Strive these Peanut Butter Protein Balls when you favor an power ball recipe with out dates.
Can I Make Vitality Balls with Protein Powder?
Positive! Whereas I haven’t tried including protein powder to this recipe earlier than, I feel you may mess around with including just a few tablespoons. If the dough is simply too dry, add a little bit extra nut butter till you get a consistency you want. You possibly can additionally strive these Protein Balls!
- 1 1/4 cups Medjool dates pitted (about 10 dates)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter plus 2 tablespoons
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds you may also use floor flaxseeds, hempseed, or a further tablespoon of oats
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- If your dates are dry, put them in a small bowl and canopy with boiling water. Let sit 10 minutes to rehydrate, then drain and pat dry.
- Place the dates within the bowl of a meals processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse a number of instances till the dates break into small bits and kind a ball that sticks to the facet of the bowl.
- Add the oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips, chia seeds, and salt.
- Pulse till the combination is damaged down and in small items however not fully easy. Add the cocoa powder and pulse to mix. (At this level, the dough will appear like crumbs, however while you scoop some into your hand and press to roll it right into a ball, it ought to maintain collectively simply. If it appears too dry and is not holding collectively, add a little bit peanut butter; if it is too sticky, add just a few extra oats. The quantity you want could fluctuate based mostly upon the model of peanut butter you utilize and the moisture of the dates.)
- Roll the dough into balls of your required dimension (I did barely over 1 inch and ended up with 14 power balls).
- Get pleasure from instantly (the balls will probably be tender however scrumptious) or pop within the fridge for 10 or so minutes to permit the balls to set.
- TO STORE: Leftover chocolate peanut butter power balls could be refrigerated for as much as 1 week.
- TO FREEZE: Frozen protein balls are good for as much as 3 months. Let thaw within the fridge or in a single day.
Serving: 1(of 14)Energy: 103kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 2gFats: 4gSaturated Fats: 1gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 1gTrans Fats: 0.01gLdl cholesterol: 0.5mgPotassium: 153mgFiber: 2gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 27IUVitamin C: 0.03mgCalcium: 23mgIron: 1mg
Be part of at present and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.
Don’t miss these different protein-packed power balls and bars recipes:
View all recipes