Roasted Summer time Squash with Garlic and Parmesan is totally scrumptious with the roasted garlic, and that is a tremendous option to cook dinner summer season squash!
PIN the Roasted Summer time Squash to strive it later!
Summer time is winding down however for individuals who have vegetable gardens or get CSA vegetable deliveries, summer season squash retains exhibiting up far into the autumn. And that’s fantastic with me as a result of so lots of my favourite zucchini recipes are cooked within the oven. And it’s prime roasted zucchini season, so at the moment I’m reminding you about this Roasted Summer time Squash with Garlic and Parmesan for my Friday Favorites decide!
For this recipe, the addition of garlic (and naturally Parmesan) actually makes this a spectacular option to cook dinner zucchini! Should you haven’t tried roasted garlic, you’re going to like the best way that roasting makes the garlic candy and tender, and this recipe is all concerning the roasted garlic! And my niece Kara and I believed the addition of coarsely-grated Parmesan might solely enhance the recipe, and the roasted summer season squash was undoubtedly superb with the garlic and parmesan.
Get new recipes by way of e-mail:
Kara and I each determined we’d double the quantity of garlic the subsequent time we made it, so I’ll provide you with that choice within the up to date recipe. We used pre-peeled garlic cloves that got here in a package deal, which made this fast to get into the oven and overlaying the baking sheet with foil made it straightforward to scrub up. I severely hope you’ll do this tasty thought in case you’re nonetheless getting summer season squash or shopping for them on the Farmers Market!
What components do you want for this recipe?
- medium or small zucchini or yellow summer season squash
- giant garlic cloves, peeled (We used peeled garlic which got here in a package deal)
- Olive Oil (affiliate hyperlink)
- Italian Herb Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink
- coarsely-grated or freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to style
What in case you don’t have yellow summer season squash?
You’ll be able to undoubtedly make this recipe with all zucchini or all yellow summer season squash, whichever you’ve got available!
Extra Greens Roasted with Garlic:
Should you’re a roasted garlic fan you may also like Roasted Broccoli with Garlic, Garlic-Roasted Inexperienced Beans with Shallots and Almonds, Roasted Asparagus with Garlic, or Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic.
Want extra concepts for cooking zucchini?
You’ll be able to try 50 Superb Zucchini Recipes or use Zucchini Recipes for extra concepts in case you’re nonetheless getting zucchini!
Tips on how to Make Roasted Summer time Squash with Garlic and Parmesan:
(Scroll down for full printable recipe with dietary data.)
- Preheat oven to 450F/230C. Cowl a big baking sheet with foil.
- Wash the squash, reduce off the ends, reduce in half lengthwise (or not in case your squash is small) and reduce into slices about 3/4 inch thick.
- Peel garlic if wanted, and reduce a number of the greater cloves in half. (Subsequent time I’d use not less than double this quantity of garlic!)
- Toss squash and garlic with the olive oil and Italian Herb Mix (affiliate hyperlink).
- Cowl a big baking sheet with foil and unfold the squash and garlic out on the baking sheet.
- Roast the squash and garlic about 20 minutes, or till it’s barely beginning to soften and look cooked.
- Then sprinkle the coarsely grated Parmesan excessive of the squash items, put the baking sheet again into the oven, and cook dinner 5-10 minutes extra, or till cheese is all melted and beginning to barely brown.
- Season to style with a bit salt and a few freshly-ground black pepper and serve sizzling, and remember to peel off all of the cheese that runs down and melts on the foil!
I wager in case you have youngsters they’ll love consuming that melted cheese, even when they aren’t huge zucchini followers!
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
Baked Rooster Nuggets use the identical oven temperature and comparable cooking time to this recipe, and this mix would make a scrumptious low-carb dinner! You would additionally serve it with Rosemary Mustard Grilled Rooster, Rooster Cutlets with Mustard Sauce, Maple Glazed Salmon, or Baked Parmesan Crusted Rooster.
Extra Roasted Greens to Take pleasure in!
Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms with All the things Bagel Seasoning ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Zesty Roasted Okra ~ A Spicy Perspective
Roasted Cabbage with Lemon ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Roasted Onions in Parmesan Cream Wine Sauce ~ BellyFull
Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
- 4 medium or 8 small zucchini or yellow summer season squash (see notes)
- 10 giant garlic cloves, peeled (We used peeled garlic which got here in a package deal, which was fantastic for this. Use roughly garlic to style.))
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 tsp. Italian Herb Mix
- 3/4 cup coarsely-grated or freshly-grated Parmesan cheese (roughly to style)
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to style
- Preheat the oven to 450F/230C. Cowl a big baking sheet with foil.
- Wash the squash, reduce off each ends, and reduce every bit of squash in half lengthwise (or not in case your squash is small.) Reduce the squash into slices about 3/4 inch thick.
- Peel garlic if wanted, and reduce a number of the greater cloves in half. (Subsequent time I would undoubtedly use the bigger quantity of garlic!)
- Toss squash and garlic with all of the olive oil after which with the Italian Herb Mix (affiliate hyperlink), ensuring all of the squash items are frivolously coated with oil.
- Unfold the squash and garlic out on the baking sheet, ensuring all of the squash items are laying flat and the squash items aren’t touching one another greater than crucial.
- Roast the squash and garlic items about 20 minutes, or till the squash is barely beginning to soften and look cooked.
- Then sprinkle desired quantity of coarsely grated Parmesan excessive of the squash items. Put the baking sheet again into the oven, and cook dinner 5-10 minutes extra, or till cheese is all melted and beginning to barely brown.
- Serve sizzling, and remember to eat the melted cheese that drips down on to the foil.
Use a mix of inexperienced and yellow squash for a extra colourful dish in case you have each sorts. Any kind of dried Italian Herb Mix (affiliate hyperlink) will work for this recipe.
This recipe initially created by Kalyn in 2006 (!) and up to date and improved by Kalyn and Kara.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 167Complete Fats: 10gSaturated Fats: 3gUnsaturated Fats: 6gLdl cholesterol: 14mgSodium: 407mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 8g
Vitamin data is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Did you make this recipe?
Low-Carb Food regimen / Low-Glycemic Food regimen / South Seaside Food regimen Recommendations:
Roasted Summer time Squash with Garlic and Parmesan could be nice for low-carb or low-glycemic weight-reduction plan plans, together with Keto. This might even be authorised for any part of the unique South Seaside Food regimen, though in case you’re following the letter of the legislation for South Seaside concerning fats you would possibly wish to use a extra reasonable quantity of Parmesan cheese!
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Zucchini Recipes for extra zucchini aspect dishes like this. Use the Food regimen Kind Index to seek out recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may additionally wish to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe for roasting zucchini and summer season squash with garlic was first posted in 2006! It was up to date with new images and the addition of Parmesan Cheese in 2018, and was final up to date with extra data in 2022.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.