Everybody who likes Seven Layer Dip goes to like these Seven Layer Dip Tostadas for a straightforward lunch thought! I take advantage of low-carb tortillas, and you can also make this even decrease in carbs by skipping the refried beans if you happen to desire!
PIN the Seven Layer Dip Tostadas to attempt later!
I’m on a little bit of a Mexican meals kick this week, though honestly the Seven Layer Dip Tostadas that I’m updating at the moment with new images are removed from authentically Mexican! However this recipe completely does have Mexican flavors occurring, with a crisped Low-Carb Tortillas topped with my household’s model of what makes up the seven layers in seven layer dip.
Did you have a look at the picture and depend to see if there actually had been seven layers? And as you’ll be able to inform, in my household we like a variety of olives on the Seven Layer Dip that all the time makes an look at each Denny household celebration.
And once I had the thought of crisping up the identical Low-Carb Tortillas I take advantage of for therefore many tasty recipes and utilizing them as the bottom for a tostada with all of the components usually utilized in Seven Layer Dip, the one query in my thoughts was why I’d by no means thought doing this sooner! Hope you get pleasure from for a lunch or mild dinner, or minimize them in quarters and function an appetizer!
Get new recipes through electronic mail:
What components do you want for this recipe?
- can of refried pinto beans (we used “restaurant model” beans which had been nice for this)
- guacamole, home made or bought
- bitter cream
- Kalyn’s Taco Seasoning Combine, or use your favourite bought Taco Seasoning
- grated 4 Cheese Mexican Mix cheese
- inexperienced onions
- black olives
- Mission Carb Steadiness Low-Carb Tortillas (affiliate hyperlink) or different low-carb tortillas of your selection
- olive oil
What are the seven layers in Seven Layer Dip?
I’m guessing there are lots of variations on seven layer dip, however in my household the seven layers are all the time refried beans, guacamole, bitter cream with Kalyn’s Taco Seasoning Combine stirred in, grated Mexican mix cheese, chopped tomatoes, sliced inexperienced onions, and sliced black olives. And we do like a variety of olives, as you’ll be able to inform!
How will you make Seven Layer Dip Tostadas even decrease in carbs?
Should you use the low-carb tortillas I like to recommend (or one other tortilla model that’s low in carbs) and only a skinny layer of refried beans, these tostadas are comparatively low in web carbs. However if you’d like a model that’s even decrease in carbs, simply omit the refried beans and have six layers.
Learn how to make Seven Layer Dip Tostadas:
(Scroll down for full printable recipe with dietary info.)
- I used my favourite Mission Carb Steadiness Low-Carb Tortillas (affiliate hyperlink). Should you look rigorously you’ll be able to see the white ones we used are 4 web carbs per tortilla, or use the entire wheat ones for 3 web carbs.
- Preheat the oven to 450F/230C with a baking sheet within the oven. Take away pan, brush on a little bit olive oil, and put tortillas on the baking sheet.
- Toast tortillas till they’re crisp and barely beginning to brown, turning a number of instances.
- Assemble heated refried beans, bitter cream with Kalyn’s Taco Seasoning blended in, guacamole, grated cheese, chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives, and sliced inexperienced onions. (These are the seven layers!)
- Unfold a skinny layer of refried beans on every tortilla. (Simply omit the refried beans if you’d like a model with fewer carbs.)
- High the refried beans with guacamole.
- High that with the seasoned bitter cream.
- Sprinkle on some finely grated cheese. (I used 4 Cheese Mexican Mix from Costco, which is ideal for this recipe.)
- High with diced tomatoes, thinly sliced inexperienced onions, and sliced olives.
- These are fairly straightforward to choose up and eat together with your fingers, however you wish to make them only a few minutes earlier than serving or the tortillas will get soggy.
- Should you’re feeding youngsters, assist them make their very own and each may select the toppings they like!
Extra Concepts with Guacamole:
Cilantro-Lover’s Good Guacamole
Simple Low-Carb Guacamole Tostadas
Cucumber Guacamole Appetizer Bites
- 8 oz. refried beans
- 3/4 cup guacamole (see notes)
- 1/2 cup bitter cream
- 1/2 tsp. Kalyn’s Taco Seasoning Combine (or use your favourite Taco Seasoning)
- 1 cup grated 4 Cheese Mexican Mix
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced inexperienced onions
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 4 Mission Carb-Steadiness Low-Carb tortillas (see notes)
- olive oil for greasing baking sheet, about 2 tsp.
- Place a baking sheet contained in the oven or toaster oven and let it get sizzling when you preheat oven to 450F/230C, about 10 minutes.
- Fastidiously take away baking sheet, drizzle a tiny little bit of olive oil on it and unfold round with a paper towel or pastry brush, and put flour tortillas on the baking sheet.
- Toast tortillas within the oven till they’re crisp and barely beginning to brown, turning a number of instances. It will take about 5 minutes, however watch them rigorously.
- Whereas tortillas are crisping, put the refried beans in a bowl, stir to interrupt them aside, and microwave 2-3 minutes, or till they’re sizzling.
- Stir Kalyn’s Taco Seasoning Combine into the bitter cream.
- Chop the onions, slice inexperienced onions, and slice the olives. (Should you’re utilizing home made guacamole and cheese that must be grated you’ll want to arrange these as properly.)
- Put crisped tortilla shell on a plate and high with components on this order:
- –a skinny layer of refried beans
- –a skinny layer of guacamole
- –a skinny layer of seasoned bitter cream
- –a number of beneficiant pinches of finely grated low-fat cheese
- –chopped tomatoes
- –thinly sliced inexperienced onions
- –sliced olives
- Serve instantly, with salsa or sizzling sauce if desired. You possibly can hold the topping components within the fridge and crisp extra tortillas later to make use of any leftovers.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 354Whole Fats: 27gSaturated Fats: 10gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 13gLdl cholesterol: 45mgSodium: 711mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 13g
Vitamin info is robotically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Did you make this recipe?
Low-Carb Food plan / Low-Glycemic Food plan / South Seaside Food plan Ideas:
Beans are comparatively excessive in carbs for low-carb diets, however these Seven Layer Dip Tostadas use a average quantity of beans and low-carb tortillas and have solely about 13 web carbs per tostada. If you need a lower-carb model of this recipe, use the low-carb tortillas I used and skip the beans. Should you used Mission Carb Steadiness Complete Wheat Tortillas (affiliate hyperlink) as the bottom, this tostada could be accredited for part 2 or 3 of the unique South Seaside Food plan, and the entire wheat tortillas have one much less carb. South Seaside would suggest mild bitter cream and low-fat cheese, and do not forget that avocados are restricted to 1/2 per day if you happen to’re making this for a South Seaside Food plan meal.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Lunches or Tortillas to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Food plan Kind Index to seek out recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may additionally wish to observe Meals The Meals on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2011. The images had been up to date and the recipe was up to date with extra info in 2022.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.