This Shrimp Cocktail with Sriracha Cocktail Sauce will probably be successful for game-day meals or any time you want an appetizer that’s low in carbs!
PIN Shrimp Cocktail with Sriracha Cocktail Sauce to attempt it later!
This Shrimp Cocktail with Sriracha Cocktail Sauce is one thing I promise will probably be successful everytime you need a particular appetizer that’s actually a deal with however nonetheless low in carbs!
This simple six-ingredient recipe makes use of thawed frozen cooked shrimp, which saves the work of cooking them, and the Sriracha Cocktail Sauce solely takes about 5 minutes to make. And everybody who likes shrimp and Sriracha goes to like this for an appetizer or for game-day eats.
Get new recipes through e mail:
In actual fact, the toughest a part of this recipe could be remembering to thaw the shrimp in a single day within the fridge, however I do advocate doing that after which ensuring they’re icy chilly while you serve them.
And naturally there’s a giant recreation arising, so I’m reminding you about this favourite shrimp recipe for Friday Favorites this week. And if you happen to’re actually a shrimp fan, verify my options on this submit for extra tasty low-carb shrimp recipes!
What substances do you want?
How are you going to make low-carb cocktail sauce?
I initially made this recipe with reduced-sugar ketchup, and that’s what you’ll see in these images. However now that sugar-free ketchup (affiliate hyperlink) is extensively obtainable, it’s excellent to make use of to make low-carb cocktail sauce. I’m a giant fan of G. Hughes Sugar-Free Ketchup (affiliate hyperlink), however there are numerous good manufacturers.
What measurement frozen shrimp did I exploit?
Within the U.S. frozen shrimp are bought by measurement, with the quantity on the bundle giving a variety for what number of shrimp make up a pound. I used 31-40 measurement shrimp for this recipe, however if you happen to don’t thoughts splurging for a deal with, bigger shrimp (with a decrease quantity per pound) would even be nice for this recipe!
Need extra low-carb appetizer concepts with Shrimp?
Try Sheila’s Low-Carb Shrimp Dip, Shrimp with Low Sugar Cocktail Sauce, Shrimp Cocktail Lettuce Cups, Air Fryer Shrimp, Shrimp Salad Wraps, or Straightforward Low-Carb Shrimp Ceviche for extra superb choices for game-day or holiday-worthy shrimp recipes!
How one can make Shrimp Cocktail with Sriracha Cocktail Sauce:
(Scroll down for full recipe with dietary info.)
- Thaw shrimp within the fridge in a single day if potential.
- Simply earlier than you’re going to serve them, put the thawed shrimp right into a colander and allow them to drain whilst you combine the sauce.
- I exploit G. Hughes Sugar-Free Ketchup (affiliate hyperlink) for the sauce, since common ketchup has a variety of sugar.
- Finely chop about 1/4 cup of inexperienced onions, utilizing largely the inexperienced elements.
- Whisk collectively the mayo and ketchup. Then stir within the lime juice, Sriracha Sauce (affiliate hyperlink), and inexperienced onions and the sauce is prepared!
- If the shrimp nonetheless appear moist, I might put them between two layers of paper towels and press to soak up the additional moisture.
- Serve straight away. You’ll be able to serve a platter of shrimp with a bowl of sauce for folks to dip them, or make particular person parts like I did. Take pleasure in!
Extra Tasty Recipes for Shrimp Lovers:
Try Low-Carb and Keto Shrimp Dinners for tons extra tasty concepts for utilizing shrimp!
- 1 lb. frozen cooked shrimp, thawed in a single day within the fridge (I used 31-40 rely shrimp from Costco.)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 T G. Hughes Sugar-Free Ketchup
- 1 T recent squeezed lime juice (I used my fresh-frozen lime juice)
- 1 T Sriracha Sauce (kind of to style)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped inexperienced onion
- Thaw the shrimp within the fridge in a single day.
- Simply earlier than you wish to serve them, put shrimp right into a colander and allow them to drain properly.
- Finely chop the inexperienced onion.
- In a glass measuring cup or small bowl, whisk collectively the mayo and ketchup.
- Stir within the lime juice, Sriracha Sauce (affiliate hyperlink) to style, and finely chopped inexperienced onions to make the sauce.
- In case you’re not that accustomed to Sriracha, I’d begin with a few teaspoons and style it earlier than you add the total tablespoon. It will get a bit of hotter if it sits within the fridge, so maintain that in thoughts.
- If the shrimp are usually not as dry as you’d like them, put them between a double layer of paper towels and press down with the towel to soak up the additional moisture.
- Serve the shrimp whereas they’re nonetheless chilly.
- You’ll be able to serve a platter of shrimp with the sauce on the facet, or make particular person shrimp cocktails.
- Keep in mind to offer some sort of dish to place the piece of shell from the tail.
If you do not have G. Hughes Sugar-Free Ketchup (affiliate hyperlink) use any sugar-free or low-sugar ketchup yow will discover.
You in all probability gained’t have any leftovers, however leftover shrimp or sauce may sure be refrigerated for a day or two.
Recipe created by Kalyn, the thought of pairing Sriracha with Shrimp got here from White on Rice Couple.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 332Complete Fats: 23gSaturated Fats: 4gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 18gLdl cholesterol: 251mgSodium: 1423mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 26g
Vitamin info is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Did you make this recipe?
Low-Carb Weight-reduction plan / Low-Glycemic Weight-reduction plan / South Seaside Weight-reduction plan Recommendations:
In case you’re making this Shrimp Cocktail with Sriracha Cocktail Sauce for a low-carb consuming plan or for the unique South Seaside Weight-reduction plan, it’s vital to make use of sugar-free ketchup since common ketchup has a variety of added sugar. Mayo is a restricted meals for South Seaside, however you’re not consuming a variety of it right here, or you can use gentle mayo if you happen to desire. With sugar-free ketchup, and assuming a average quantity of sauce, I might eat this for any part of South Seaside and it needs to be good for all low-carb consuming plans.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Try Appetizers to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Weight-reduction plan Kind Index to seek out recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may additionally prefer to Observe Meals The Meals on Pinterest to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2013. It was final up to date with extra info in 2022.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.