Monster cookie lovers, this recipe is for you. I’ve had a lot enjoyable perfecting monster cookie recipes over the previous few years like these power bites and these (precise) cookies, and I knew a scrumptious bar filled with all the yummy add-ins was so as.
These tahini monster cookie bars are stuffed with your entire favs like oats, chocolate chunks & chocolate candies, plus some further particular add-ins that make the out-of-this-world scrumptious. They simply so occur to be gluten free because of almond flour and rolled oats, and are simply dairy free as nicely. Simply LOOK at these golden edges, ooey-gooey middles, and puddles of darkish chocolate.
The group and I made these superb bars final month and really turned obsessed. They’re, after all, good straight from the oven however they’re additionally SO scrumptious proper out of the fridge! Any method you take pleasure in them you may wish to make a double batch as a result of everybody round you may be swooning.
What are monster cookies?
Monster cookies are type of a kitchen sink cookie, which means they’re all concerning the mix-ins. Conventional monster cookies like my well-known recipe have:
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
These superb monster cookie bars swap the peanut butter for tahini and embody a number of particular add-ins.
Every part you’ll have to make these monster cookie bars
You severely gained’t be capable to inform that these more healthy monster cookie bars are each gluten free and dairy free. They’re SO fudgy however are made with healthful substances you’ll love! Right here’s what you’ll have to make them:
- Eggs: you’ll want 2 eggs to assist the monster cookie bars bake up correctly.
- Coconut sugar: I really like the caramel-like taste that coconut sugar provides to those bars.
- Coconut oil: for the proper quantity of moisture you’ll want a bit coconut oil.
- Tahini: we’re skipping the normal peanut butter and mixing tahini into these monster cookie bars as a substitute! Use the code ‘ambitiouskitchen’ to get 10% off my favourite model, Soom.
- Flour: we’re utilizing effective, blanched almond flour to maintain the bars gluten free.
- Oats: you’ll additionally want some rolled oats to present them the proper thickness. Keep in mind to make use of gluten free rolled oats to maintain the bars gluten free, too!
- Shredded coconut: you’ll combine in some unsweetened shredded coconut with the dry substances for that true monster cookie taste.
- Baking staples: don’t overlook the baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt. Discover ways to make your individual vanilla extract right here.
- Scrumptious add-ins: we’re folding in darkish chocolate chunks (or chips) and chocolate candies for melty chocolate in each chew. Keep in mind to make use of a dairy free model of chocolate to maintain the bars dairy free — use the code ‘AMBITIOUSKITCHEN’ for 20% off Hu Kitchen chocolate. Don’t overlook the sprinkle of fancy sea salt on prime!
Easy ingredient swaps
I extremely suggest sticking to this monster cookie bar recipe as intently as doable as a way to get one of the best outcomes! Nonetheless, listed here are a number of ingredient swaps I can suggest:
- For the coconut sugar: be at liberty to make use of brown sugar as a substitute. Discover ways to make your individual brown sugar right here!
- For the coconut oil: for those who’re not dairy free, you possibly can additionally use melted butter.
- For the tahini: peanut butter or almond butter would additionally work nicely!
Can I make them vegan?
Please be aware that I’ve not examined these monster cookie bars with flax eggs. Let me know within the feedback for those who do, and remember to use a dairy free/vegan chocolate & chocolate candies as nicely.
On the lookout for thicker bars?
For those who like your monster cookie bars extra “oat-y” and thicker, be at liberty to make use of 3/4 cup of rolled oats as a substitute of 1/2 cup. I personally choose utilizing 1/2 cup.
Monster cookie bars made in a single bowl
- Prep your pan. Begin by preheating the oven to 350 levels F and lining a 9×9 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the moist substances. Combine collectively the eggs, coconut sugar and tahini till they’re easy, then combine within the melted & cooled coconut oil and vanilla. Ensure you combine every little thing nicely in order that there’s no oil separation.
- Add the dry. Combine within the almond flour, oats, coconut, baking soda & salt till nicely mixed.
- Add the mix-ins. Fold within the chocolate chunks and chocolate candies, reserving half for sprinkling on prime.
- Bake & take pleasure in. Add the dough to your ready pan, sprinkle on the remainder of the chocolate and bake! After they’re accomplished sprinkle with sea salt, cool & then reduce and devour.
The important thing to good monster cookie bars
The important thing to creating good monster cookie bars which might be gooey and scrumptious is to barely underbake them. Take them out as quickly as the sides are getting barely golden brown. They’ll set extra as you allow them to cool.
Storing & freezing suggestions
- Within the fridge: I’d suggest leaving the monster cookie bars on the counter for not more than a day or two, after which storing them coated within the fridge.
- To freeze: permit the bars to chill utterly, then reduce them as directed. Wrap particular person bars in plastic wrap, then in foil or a reusable bag reminiscent of Stasher luggage. Freeze for as much as 3 months.
Extra brownies and bars you’ll love
Get all of my brownies & bars right here!
I hope you’re keen on these tahini monster cookie bars! For those who make them remember to go away a remark and a score so I understand how you favored them. Take pleasure in, xo!
Tahini Monster Cookie Bars
Gooey and scrumptious monster cookie bars stuffed with one of the best add-ins like shredded coconut, chocolate chunks, and chocolate candies! These dairy free and gluten free monster cookie bars are made with creamy tahini as a substitute of peanut butter and make an unimaginable dessert for kiddos and adults.
- Moist substances:
coconut sugar (or sub brown sugar)
tahini (or sub peanut butter or almond butter)
melted and cooled coconut oil
- Dry Components:
packed effective almond flour
rolled oats (if you would like them thicker/extra oat-y you are able to do ¾ cup however I choose ½ cup)
finely shredded unsweetened coconut (i take advantage of Bob’s Pink Mill)
- For the mix-ins:
darkish chocolate chunks or chocolate chips (dairy free if desired), divided
chocolate candies (I used Unreal model candies), divided
- Fancy maldon Salt, for sprinkling on prime
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Line an 9×9 inch pan with parchment paper.
In a big bowl, combine collectively eggs, coconut sugar and tahini till easy and creamy. Subsequent add within the melted and cooled coconut oil and vanilla and blend collectively once more till it is vitally easy and nicely mixed. This could take at the very least 30 seconds to combine till easy, you do not need any oil separation.
Add the dry substances to the moist substances till nicely mixed: almond flour, oats, shredded coconut, baking soda and salt. Lastly fold in 1/4 cup of the chocolate chunks/chips and ¼ cup of chocolate candies; you’ll reserve the opposite half of every for sprinkling on prime.
Add the dough to the ready pan and evenly unfold out with a spatula in direction of the sides. Sprinkle the highest with remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips and ¼ cup chocolate candies. Bake for 20-25 minutes till the sides are BARELY golden brown. The trick with these blondies is to barely underbaked them in order that they keep good and fudgy and gooey. As soon as accomplished baking, sprinkle with sea salt. Permit blondies to chill for 20 minutes earlier than chopping into in order that they don’t disintegrate. Reduce into 16 squares.
To maintain gluten free: merely use gluten free rolled oats.
See the total submit for simple methods to customise your bars, plus storing & freezing directions!
Servings: 16 servings
Serving dimension: 1 bar
Saturated fats: 7.8g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats