I really like this Grilled Rooster with Lemon and Capers, and this can be a excellent recipe for a simple low-carb summer season dinner. And everybody who enjoys lemon and capers goes to like this grilled hen recipe!
PIN Grilled Rooster with Lemon and Capers to strive it later!
There are a variety of good grilled hen recipes on my website. However this recipe for Grilled Rooster with Lemon and Capers is one which I make often. And it’s no shock I’d like this recipe, as a result of it has capers!
How do you’re feeling about capers? I’m such a fan of those little unripened flower buds which might be utilized in cooking so as to add taste to salads, dressings, sauces, greens, and meat dishes, so it’s not shocking that this recipe that provides capers and caper brine to the marinade for grilled hen is one in all my favorites.
And the mix of lemon, hen, and capers are the components that make Rooster Piccata such a well-liked dish, with infinite variations. And my website makes use of the identical flavors in Rooster Bake with Olive and Caper Sauce and Skillet Rooster with Lemon, Inexperienced Olives, and Capers. I additionally love capers in Gradual Cooked Salmon with Butter, Garlic, Capers, and Lemon and Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Feta, Capers, and Crimson Peppers. Give me all of the capers, please!
Should you’re not a lover of capers, this will not be for you. However for everybody who enjoys that bitter briney capers taste, please give this recipe a strive!
Get new recipes through e mail:
What components do you want for this recipe?
- boneless-skinless hen breasts
- olive oil
- recent squeezed lemon juice, I used my fresh-frozen lemon juice
- Dried Oregano (affiliate hyperlink)
- Minced Garlic (affiliate hyperlink), or crushed recent garlic
- caper juice (brine from the jar)
- Capers (affiliate hyperlink)
- recent floor black pepper to style
Ideas for Making Juicy Grilled Rooster Breasts:
This recipe was created as a part of a collection on find out how to make juicy grilled hen breasts, and when you’re not that skilled at making grilled hen breasts (or particularly in case your hen breasts get dry on the grill) chances are you’ll need to learn that publish earlier than you make this.
What are Capers?
The Spruce Eats can inform you the little flowers buds known as capers when you’re not accustomed to them. And my running a blog good friend Lydia has additionally completed an incredible job writing about capers on the Good Pantry, so learn that too when you’re not accustomed to this favourite ingredient of mine.
How are you going to inform when grilled hen is absolutely cooked?
I really like to make use of an On the spot Learn Meat Thermometer (affiliate hyperlink) to check my verify to verify it’s completed. Rooster must prepare dinner to 165F/75C on the grill. Should you don’t have a thermometer like that, absolutely cooked grilled hen ought to be agency however not onerous to the contact while you press down with a finger.
What when you don’t have an out of doors grill?
Should you don’t have an out of doors grill, this hen may be cooked in a stove-top grill pan with ridges or a George Foreman Grill with good outcomes. (affiliate hyperlinks)
Find out how to make Grilled Rooster with Lemon and Capers:
(Scroll down for full printable recipe, together with dietary data.)
- Trim the hen breasts; then minimize small slits crosswise taking place every breast.
- Chop up the capers properly in order that they’ll combine with different components within the marinade.
- Whisk collectively the olive oil, lemon juice, dried oregano, garlic puree, caper juice, chopped capers, and black pepper to make the flavorful marinade.
- Put hen in a big Ziploc bag, add the marinade, and let the hen marinate within the fridge, ideally 4-6 hours or longer.
- Whenever you’re able to prepare dinner, dump the hen right into a colander positioned within the sink and let it drain properly when you spray the grill with oil or non-stick grilling spray and preheat to medium-high.
- You need to lay the hen diagonally throughout the grill grates to get these good marks, then prepare dinner 3-4 minutes on the primary angle.
- Carry up one piece of hen to see if the grill marks are as darkish as you’d like them, and when they’re, rotate each bit of hen so it’s going on the reverse angle and prepare dinner 3-4 minutes extra.
- Then flip each bit of hen over and prepare dinner 2-3 minutes extra, or till the hen feels agency (however not onerous) to the contact while you press down on it together with your finger.
- Don’t overcook! Serve the hen sizzling and await compliments.
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
Within the photograph the hen is served with a easy salad of cucumber and olives tossed with Newman’s Personal Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing (affiliate hyperlink). It will even be nice with Grilled Zucchini, Grilled Mushrooms, Simple Grilled Greens, Air Fryer Turnip Fries, or Stir-Fried Spinach with Garlic and Parmesan on the facet.
Extra Scrumptious Dinners with Rooster:
Rooster Cordon Bleu Bake
Grilled Fusion Rooster
Pesto Lemon Rooster Kabobs
Sheet Pan Rooster Fajitas
Baked Parmesan Crusted Rooster
- 4 boneless-skinless hen breasts, trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 T recent squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
- 1 tsp. garlic puree (or crushed recent garlic)
- 1/2 T caper juice
- 2 T finely chopped capers (or use much less when you’re not wild about capers)
- recent floor black pepper to style
- Trim all fats and tendons from hen breasts and trim beneath facet if wanted so hen items are all the identical thickness.
- Make small slits crosswise taking place every hen breast to assist the marinade penetrate.
- Use a chef’s knife to finely chop capers.
- Crush the oregano with a rolling pin or meat mallet.
- Combine collectively olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic puree, caper juice, chopped capers, and black pepper. (You possibly can additionally put all of the marinade components in a blender and course of them relatively than chopping the capers and crushing the oregano.)
- Lay hen flat in a big Ziploc bag and pour marinade over. Let hen marinate within the fridge, ideally 4-6 hours or longer.
- Whenever you’re able to prepare dinner, drain hen properly in a colander positioned within the sink.
- Spray the grill grates with non-stick spray, then preheat fuel or charcoal grill to medium-high. (You possibly can solely maintain your hand there for a couple of seconds at that temperature.)
- Lay the hen items at an angle to the grill grates and prepare dinner for 3-4 minutes with out shifting.
- Then elevate the sting of 1 piece of hen to see if grill marks are as darkish as you’d like them.
- After they look good, rotate the hen to the alternative angle and prepare dinner 3-4 minutes extra on the primary facet.
- When you will have good grill marks, flip hen to the alternative facet and prepare dinner 2-3 minutes extra (or longer for very thick hen breasts.)
- Rooster is completed when it feels agency (however not onerous) to the contact while you press down on it together with your finger.
- Don’t overcook. Serve sizzling.
- This hen may be cooked in a stove-top grill pan with ridges or a George Foreman Grill with good outcomes (affiliate hyperlinks).
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 356Whole Fats: 18gSaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 14gLdl cholesterol: 102mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 38g
Diet data is robotically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Did you make this recipe?
Low-Carb Weight loss program / Low-Glycemic Weight loss program / South Seashore Weight loss program Recommendations:
This Grilled Rooster with Lemon and Capers would make an incredible predominant course for a low-carb, Keto, or low-glycemic meal, or for any part of the unique South Seashore Weight loss program.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Grilling Recipes to see extra tasty concepts for grilled hen! Use the Weight loss program Kind Index to seek out recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also prefer to comply with Meals The Meals on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2007. I’ve made it time and again since then, and the recipe was final up to date with extra data in 2022.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.