Greek Dip with Tomatoes and Feta was a success after I took it to a celebration, and after we ran out of the low-carb pita bread, individuals simply ate it with a fork!
PIN the Greek Dip with Tomatoes and Feta to strive it later!
This week for Friday Favorites I’m reminding you about this superb Greek Dip with Tomatoes and Feta, a recipe I acquired from my coach Wendy after I informed her I wanted an appetizer for a celebration that night time. Wendy informed me about her favourite dip, and after I went to my automotive after the exercise, I rapidly wrote the components on a chunk of paper. I made it with some excellent contemporary backyard tomatoes and after I acquired to the occasion I noticed the dish I took to assemble it in was too small for the quantity of components, and I didn’t have practically sufficient toasted pita. However to not fear! The dip that Wendy shared with me was a HUGE hit! In truth on a giant desk lined with extra meals than you’ll be able to think about, my dip was fully devoured in just a few hours.
Get new recipes through e mail:
And when the pita bread ran out, individuals assumed it was a salad and spooned it onto a plate and ate it with a fork. It didn’t damage that I used heirloom tomatoes from my backyard in fact! However Wendy assured me that even in the event you make this within the lifeless of winter with cherry tomatoes, it’s going to at all times be scrumptious.
This recipe is Web Well-known!
Wendy didn’t inform me the place she discovered the recipe, and after I had made it for the occasion, made it once more at house, taken photographs, and edited the photographs I considered googling it to see if I might credit score the supply. I discovered so many blogs who had made one thing related, however the earliest one I seen was Feta Dip at Clover Lane, though I doubt that’s the place Wendy discovered it. Thanks Wendy, for the nice exercises and this superb new dip recipe. I can inform I’ll be making it over and over!
What components do you want for this recipe?
- prime quality extra-virgin olive oil with good taste
- diced tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- sliced inexperienced onion
- Greek Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink)
What Pita Bread did I serve it with?
There are a selection of tasty issues you can eat this with, however I used my favourite low-carb pita bread and it was excellent with the Greek Dip! I feel it will be scrumptious with slices of cucumber, thinly-sliced jicama, or candy mini-pepper scoops in order for you even fewer carbs.
The way to make Greek Dip with Tomatoes and Feta:
(Scroll down for full recipe with dietary data.)
- I toasted my favourite low-carb pita bread for dippers; try this first in order for you, or serve with pita chips, bread, or flatbread in the event you favor. (Serve with gluten-free flatbread or crackers for gluten-free.)
- Cowl the underside of a dish with a skinny layer of olive oil, spreading round with a pastry brush.
- Lower up tomatoes and drain for a couple of minutes in a colander in the event that they’re extra-juicy backyard tomatoes.
- Make a layer of chopped tomatoes within the dish.
- Cowl the tomatoes with a layer of crumbled Feta. (I wished the tomatoes to indicate, so I took a fork and “stirred” gently to get some tomatoes to poke out.
- Then make a layer of sliced inexperienced onion.
- Sprinkle with Greek Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink) and serve with one thing crispy to scoop up the dip.
- Or for lowest carbs, function a salad and simply eat with a fork! I promise, anybody who loves tomatoes and Feta will gobble this up!
Extra Recipes for Folks Who Love Feta!
Baked Feta Cheese Dip ~ Lemons for Lulu
Candy Potato Appetizer Bites with Feta ~ Meals The Meals
Avocado Feta Salsa ~ Garnish with Lemon
Spinach Salad with Bacon and Feta ~ Meals The Meals
Sizzling Bacon Feta Dip ~ The Cookie Rookie
- 2 T olive oil (use a top quality extra-virgin olive oil with good taste for this recipe)
- 4 cups diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. block Feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced inexperienced onion
- 1 T Greek Seasoning (or a bit extra)
- In case you’re making the pita bread dippers, minimize pita circles into eighths, lay out on baking sheet, and toast in a scorching oven or toaster oven till it is simply beginning to brown. Watch rigorously; pita bread solely takes 5 minutes or much less to toast at 400F/200C.
- Unfold a skinny layer of olive oil within the backside of the serving dish. (I used an oval-shaped dish that was 12 inches lengthy and eight inches huge on the widest half.)
- Lower the stem finish off tomatoes, then make 1/2 inch slices and cube every slice into small squares. (In case you’re utilizing juicy backyard tomatoes, you would possibly wish to allow them to briefly drain in a colander positioned within the sink.)
- Make a layer of tomatoes over the olive oil.
- Then crumble the Feta over the tomatoes. In order for you some tomato exhibiting, take a fork and gently “stir” so the tomatoes are peeking out.
- Slice desired quantity of inexperienced onion into skinny slices and sprinkle over the crumbled Feta.
- Sprinkle with Greek Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink).
- Serve the dip with toasted pita bread, bread, or flatbread, or simply function a salad and eat with a fork! I doubt this may maintain properly within the fridge (refrigerating tomatoes destroys the flavour) however you most likely will not have any left.
I toasted My Favourite Low-Carb Pita Bread to make the pita chips.
Dietary data is for dip solely, not together with Pita Bread.
I acquired this recipe from my coach Wendy.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 127Whole Fats: 10gSaturated Fats: 5gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 4gLdl cholesterol: 25mgSodium: 969mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g
Diet data is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Did you make this recipe?
Low-Carb Weight-reduction plan / Low-Glycemic Weight-reduction plan / South Seashore Weight-reduction plan Recommendations:
This dip is sweet for low-carb food regimen plans with the low-carb pita bread or one of many veggies urged above as dippers. This recipe could be low-glycemic and good for the unique South Seashore Weight-reduction plan Section Two with portion management.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Appetizers to search out extra recipes like this one. Use the Weight-reduction plan Sort Index to search out recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. Or Comply with Meals The Meals on Pinterest to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2017. It was final up to date with higher photographs and extra data in 2021.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.