This refreshing Cucumber Salad with Avocado and Feta is a improbable mixture with lime and mint including a lot nice taste! And it is a low-carb vegetarian salad that’s excellent for summer season.
PIN Cucumber Salad with Avocado to strive it later!
I shared Low-Carb and Keto Mexican Meals Dinners final week for Cinco de Mayo, and if you happen to’re nonetheless celebrating I believe this Cucumber Salad with Avocado and Feta would make a stellar facet dish to serve with Mexican meals. There’s lime and creamy avocado, and the pungent Feta cheese may even remind you a little bit of Mexican Cotija Cheese, or you could possibly make the salad with Cotija if you happen to’d like!
And there’s loads of mint on this tasty salad! I like cooking with contemporary mint, and I purchased my yearly mint crops at Dealer Joe’s and so they’re fortunately rising in my sunny kitchen window.
If it’s important to purchase mint on the grocery retailer you may get away with rather less mint than this recipe requires, however I hope you gained’t skip it as a result of the mint taste actually wakes up the flavors. And this recipe was desperately crying out for higher pictures, so I hope the brand new ones will entice a few of you to strive it!
Get new recipes through e mail:
What elements do you want for this recipe?
- chopped cucumbers
- pinch of salt, for drawing water out of cucumber
- fresh-squeezed lime juice, I used my fresh-frozen lime juice
- finely chopped contemporary mint (see notes)
- crumbled Feta
- olive oil
What sort of cucumbers did I take advantage of?
You may see within the pictures that I made the Cucumber Salad with Avocado with massive backyard cucumbers, which after all style nice with the elements within the salad. However if you happen to don’t have a backyard I’d use little Persian cucumbers so that you don’t have to fret in regards to the pores and skin or the seeds.
What sort of Feta do I want?
I’m an enormous fan of Feta cheese! However I don’t purchase the pre-crumbled Feta, which doesn’t keep good within the fridge almost as lengthy. And I’ve a powerful choice for sheep’s milk Feta, which is a bit milder. My present most popular Feta is that this Kirkland Natural Feta from Greece; test it out if you happen to store at Costco.
Need extra recipes utilizing Feta Cheese?
I like salads with Feta Cheese, and my weblog has so lots of them that I made a group with greater than 20 Low-Carb and Keto Salads with Feta Cheese. For different recipe concepts with Feta, try my assortment of Low-Carb Feta Cheese Recipes.
Ideas for making Cucumber Salad with Avocado and Feta:
- Minimize off each ends of cucumbers, peel some or the entire pores and skin, slice in half lengthwise, and scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Then lower into half moon slices. (In the event you’re utilizing small mini cucumbers, simply lower into slices.)
- Put cucumbers right into a colander and sprinkle with a bit salt, and let the salt draw out among the water from the cucumber.
- Whisk collectively the fresh-squeezed lime juice and olive oil to make the dressing.
- Wash mint in chilly water, spin dry in a salad spinner (affiliate hyperlink), and finely chop.
- Crumble the Feta Cheese.
- Minimize up avocado and toss with the lime juice.
- In case your cucumbers appear moist, you may need to lay a paper towel on the chopping board and unfold the cucumbers out on the towel. Cowl with one other towel and blot dry (this will even take away extra salt.)
- Toss the drained and dried cucumbers with the avocado and the dressing. Then add the chopped mint and the Feta and gently toss to mix.
- Serve instantly.
- This isn’t nice after it’s been within the fridge in a single day as a result of the mint overpowers all the opposite flavors. In the event you gained’t eat it I’d put aside a part of every ingredient to retailer individually and mix them proper earlier than you eat. I’d save one avocado and chop it proper earlier than consuming the leftovers.
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
This Scrumptious Cucumber Salad with Avocado and Feta can be nice to serve with Rosemary Mustard Grilled Hen, Hen Cutlets with Mustard Sauce, Grilled Salmon Burgers with Caper Mayonnaise, or Baked Parmesan Crusted Hen.
Extra Scrumptious Salads with Avocado:
Avocado Tomato Salad
Hen and Avocado Salad with Lime and Cilantro
Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, and Avocado Salad
Lemony Shrimp Salad with Avocado, Coronary heart of Palm, and Feta
Avocado Egg Salad
- 2 cups chopped cucumbers (see notes)
- beneficiant pinch of salt, for drawing water out of cucumber
- 2 small ripe avocados, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch items
- 1 T contemporary lime juice (to toss with avocado, see notes)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped contemporary mint (see notes)
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta (roughly to style)
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 T contemporary lime juice
- In the event you aren’t utilizing small Persian cucumbers I’d peel the cucumbers, lower in half lengthwise, and scrape out seeds with a pointy spoon. (Persian cucumbers don’t have to be peeled and you’ll maintain the seeds in.)
- Minimize cucumber into 1/2 inch slices and put in colander.
- Sprinkle with beneficiant pinch of salt and let sit for 20-Half-hour.
- Whereas cucumber is draining, whisk collectively olive oil and lime juice to make dressing.
- Wash mint in a salad spinner (affiliate hyperlink) with very chilly water, particularly if it’s even the tiniest bit wilted, and spin dry. Finely chop the mint with a chef’s knife.
- Crumble the Feta and measure out desired quantity.
- Peel the avocado and chop into 1/2 inch items. Put avocado into massive salad bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- After cucumbers have launched water for 20-Half-hour, examine to see how moist they’re. In the event that they’re very moist you may need to lay a paper towel on the counter, unfold cucumbers out on the towel, and use extra paper towels to blot the cucumbers to take away the water and salt.
- Add drained cucumbers and dressing to avocado and stir to mix.
- Then gently stir the crumbled feta and mint into the salad.
- Serve instantly.
You will have 6 Persian cucumbers or 3-4 medium cucumbers. I used my fresh-frozen lime juice for this recipe. Measure the mint after chopping. In the event you’re not a fan of mint, I would use thinly sliced inexperienced onion to interchange it.
If you would like a model of this with fewer carbs, use only one avocado.
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 289Whole Fats: 26gSaturated Fats: 6gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 18gLdl cholesterol: 17mgSodium: 218mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
Vitamin info is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Did you make this recipe?
Low-Carb Food plan / Low-Glycemic Food plan / South Seaside Food plan Recommendations:
This Cucumber Salad with Avocado and Feta can be an ideal facet dish for low-carb or low-glycemic consuming plans, together with Keto. The salad would additionally work for any part of the unique South Seaside Food plan, though South Seaside may want a bit much less cheese.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Salad Recipes to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Food plan Kind Index to seek out extra recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may additionally prefer to comply with Meals The Meals on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2007! It was up to date with higher pictures in 2017 and up to date once more with extra info in 2022.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.