Vegan poke bowl that includes portobello mushrooms in a sesame soy marinade, baked to perfection and served with rice, veggies and a spicy mayo dressing.
Making a poke bowl at dwelling is basically really easy and enjoyable to do.
A poke bowl is normally one thing that’s served with fish, poke means ‘to slice or reduce’ so it’s normally served with diced fish. Nevertheless, these days I’ve been seeing tofu poke bowls and veg poke bowls exhibiting up on menus an increasing number of, which is simply superior.
We determined to make ours with marinated baked portobello mushrooms, and it’s the mix of substances plus the superior dressing that actually makes this meal stand out.
You’ll additionally love our vegan buddha bowl and vegan burrito bowl.
Substances For Vegetarian Poke Bowls
- The basting sauce consists of sesame oil, darkish soy sauce, maple syrup, tomato paste, garlic powder, floor ginger and dried oregano and that is poured over sliced portobello mushrooms.
- The spicy mayo consists of toasted sesame oil, sriracha sauce, vegan mayonnaise and recent lime juice.
- The veggies: You may actually use any veggies you want! However we went with romaine lettuce, grated carrot, sliced cucumber, sliced radish, avocado and pickled ginger.
- The rice: Basmati rice is our common fave as a result of it cooks so shortly. However in fact you need to use any cooked rice that you just occur to have readily available.
- Black sesame seeds and lime wedges: These are used as our garnish/ornament for our bowls making them look merely beautiful.
How To Make Vegan Poke Bowls
You will see full directions and measurements within the recipe card on the backside of the put up. It is a abstract of the method to associate with the method images.
- Make the basting sauce: Add sesame oil, darkish soy sauce, maple syrup, tomato paste, garlic powder, floor ginger and dried oregano to a measuring jug and whisk collectively.
- Put together the mushrooms. Add sliced portobello mushrooms to a bowl. Pour the basting sauce excessive and toss the mushrooms within the sauce in order that they’re nicely coated.
- Bake the mushrooms. Place the sliced mushrooms on a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 10 minutes, maintaining a tally of them in order that they don’t dry out.
- Prepare dinner the rice. Whereas the mushrooms are baking, cook dinner your rice and put together your salad substances.
- Put together the spicy mayo. Add toasted sesame oil, sriracha sauce, vegan mayonnaise and recent lime juice to a measuring jug and whisk them collectively.
- Assemble your bowls. Begin with a mattress of rice after which add lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, radish, avocado, beets and mushroom slices. Prime with pickled ginger, black sesame seeds and lime wedges. Drizzle with spicy mayo and serve.
Combine it up: Use any salad veggies you prefer to create selection.
Gluten-free: Should you’d like this bowl to be totally gluten-free then be sure you use a gluten-free soy sauce or swap it for tamari.
Save time: If in case you have leftover rice from one other meal then it can save you a while in making these bowls. Or get rice from a neighborhood restaurant.
If in case you have leftover substances, retailer them individually within the fridge after which assemble vegan poke bowls once more if you’re prepared.
The separate substances will maintain for a number of (3-4) days within the fridge.
Extra Scrumptious Vegan Recipes
Did you make this recipe? Remember to go away a remark and ranking beneath!
Vegan Poke Bowl
Vegan poke bowl that includes portobello mushrooms in a sesame soy marinade, baked to perfection and served with rice, veggies and spicy mayo.
Course: Foremost Course
Food regimen: Vegan
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Prepare dinner Time: 10 minutes
Whole Time: 20 minutes
Prepare dinner ModeStop your display screen from going darkish
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
Add the substances for the basting sauce to a measuring jug and blend collectively.
Slice the mushrooms and add them to a bowl, pour over the basting sauce and toss them within the sauce till they’re nicely coated.
Place the mushroom slices on a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 10 minutes, maintaining a tally of them in order that they don’t over-cook or burn.
Whereas the mushrooms are baking, put together your rice and veggies.
Add the dressing substances to a measuring jug and whisk them collectively.
When the mushrooms are cooked, assemble your bowls. Begin with a mattress of rice, then add lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, radishes, avocado, beets and mushroom slices.
Prime with pickled ginger, black sesame seeds and lime wedges.
- Rice: If in case you have leftover rice from one other meal then it can save you time in getting ready this recipe. Or get rice from a close-by restaurant to avoid wasting time.
- Gluten-free: Change the soy sauce for tamari or be sure to make use of a gluten-free soy sauce in case you’d like this meal to be gluten-free.
- Storing: If in case you have leftover substances, retailer them individually within the fridge after which assemble bowls once more if you’re prepared. Leftover substances will maintain for a number of (3-4) days within the fridge.
Serving: 1Bowl | Energy: 675kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 12g | Fats: 37g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 6g | Monounsaturated Fats: 9g | Trans Fats: 0.01g | Sodium: 882mg | Potassium: 1433mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 16881IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 4mg
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Fee it & go away your suggestions within the feedback part beneath, or tag @lovingitvegan on Instagram and hashtag #lovingitvegan