Made with healthful oats, vanilla protein powder, nut butter, and the pure sweetness of dates, these straightforward Vegan Protein Bars are the proper noon pick-me-up, post-workout snack, or on-the-go breakfast.
The world holds two sorts of individuals: those that stroll round with wholesome snacks like immediately’s vegan protein bars (and Path Combine Granola Bars) tucked into their baggage always, and people with snack envy (and hanger).
You realize which group I’m in!
After years of spending an excessive amount of cash on expensive store-bought protein bars, I made a decision to begin making my very own.
As we speak’s vegan protein bars have been my loyal snack companion ever since (proper alongside these straightforward Peanut Butter Protein Bars).
Made with dates, oats, vegan protein powder, and the nut butter of your alternative, together with elective mix-ins like chocolate chips and chia seeds, these straightforward power bars require zero baking (like my favourite Vitality Balls).
They arrive collectively in a snap and retailer fantastically.
5 Star Evaluation
“These are scrumptious and a lot more healthy and economical in the long term than store-bought protein bars, which I prefer to have readily available.”
— Margaret —
How you can Make Vegan Protein Bars
No extra questioning the place to purchase vegan protein bars or which protein bars (or Protein Balls) are the healthiest!
These are inexpensive, style great, and are constituted of entire meals you possibly can pronounce.
Actually, that is the very best vegan protein bars recipe you will see that.
Dietary Be aware
For these with dietary considerations, along with being vegan (and subsequently dairy free), these bars are additionally gluten free (simply make sure that to make use of licensed gluten-free oats).
- Protein Powder. Use your favourite model of vegan protein powder. I like to make use of vanilla protein powder for an additional increase of taste.
Dietary Be aware
Not all protein powders are vegan. Powders constituted of pea protein, brown rice protein, hemp, soy, or a mix of plant-based proteins are finest for individuals who comply with a vegan weight loss plan.
Keep away from powders that include whey protein, casein, egg, or collagen since all are derived from animal merchandise.
- Dates. As an alternative of honey (not vegan), I made these chewy vegan protein bars with dates (like these Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls). Naturally candy and caramel-y, dates are additionally wealthy in nutritional vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants.
- Rolled Oats. A powerhouse entire grain ingredient full of fiber, protein, nutritional vitamins, and minerals. Rolled oats and fast oats each work properly on this recipe.
- Peanut Butter. The “glue” that holds these plant-based protein bars collectively (and these Peanut Butter Protein Balls). Peanut butter affords wholesome fat, is low in carbs, and tastes delicious. Be happy to make use of no matter nut butter you take pleasure in most (cashew butter or almond butter would each be divine).
Dietary Be aware
To make these vegan protein bars with out nuts, you possibly can swap the peanut butter for sunflower seed butter. (Heads up! Solar butter will flip the bars greenish, however they’ll nonetheless style yummy.)
- Chia Seeds. Regardless of being so tiny, chia seeds include a powerful quantity of fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants. (I additionally love including them to those Oatmeal Protein Cookies.)
- Chocolate Chips. An elective (or obligatory) mix-in relying in your place as a chocolate lover. I like the added sweetness and depth they lend these bars. (Be certain to pick out dairy-free chocolate to maintain these bars vegan.)
- Almond Milk. Since each model of nut butter is totally different, the almond milk retains the bars from being too dry and ensures you possibly can regulate the bars to the proper texture.
- Salt. FLAVOR! Salt makes different substances pop.
For a beautiful distinction of salty/candy, attempt sprinkling the bars with a pinch of flaky sea salt after urgent them into the pan.
Add peanut butter, dates, and oats to a meals processor, pulsing till the substances break down.
- Add the chia seeds, protein powder, and almond milk.
Pulse till totally mixed, switch to a mixing bowl, then fold the chocolate chips in.
The feel of the combination ought to resemble cookie dough when correctly combined.
- Press the dough right into a pan, chill till agency, then slice into bars. ENJOY!
- Chocolate Brownie Protein Bars. Use chocolate protein powder as a substitute of vanilla protein powder. Add a teaspoon or so of cocoa powder to style (watch out, it’s highly effective).
- Protein Bars with Flax. Swap floor flaxseed meal for the chia seeds. Natural pumpkin seeds would even be a pleasant approach so as to add additional crunch.
- Double Chocolate Protein Bars. Use chocolate protein powder. As an alternative of folding chocolate chips into the batter, drizzle melted darkish chocolate over the cooled bars (or do each).
- Low-Calorie Protein Bars. Omit the chocolate chips and swap them for dried blueberries or dried cranberries.
- Peanut Butter Cup Protein Bars. Provides a couple of chopped peanut butter cups (or sweet bar of alternative) to the combination for an indulgent deal with.
- Vegan Protein Bars with Almond Butter. Swap almond butter for peanut butter to get an additional increase of vitamin E and wholesome fat.
- Soy-Free Protein Bars. Go for a plant-based protein powder that doesn’t include soy.
- To Retailer. Retailer the bars within the fridge for as much as 2 weeks. Attributable to their “no bake” consistency, the bars will turn into mushy at room temperature.
- To Freeze. Place the bars in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
What to Serve with Vegan Protein Bars
View all recipes
Really helpful Instruments to Make this Recipe
The Greatest Meals Processor
This meals processor is a pricier possibility however properly well worth the funding when you usually make protein bars and power bites.
Did you make this recipe?
Go away a score beneath within the feedback and let me know the way you favored the recipe.
Have you ever ever tried making your personal protein bars?
Whether or not this recipe is your first try or your fiftieth, I do know it’ll be a welcome addition to your wholesome snack routine.
Regularly Requested Questions
Can I Make Vegan Protein Bars With out Dates?
The dates are fairly key on this recipe for each sweetness and texture. In case you are searching for a protein bar recipe with out dates, you possibly can attempt including a scoop of protein powder to those No Bake Granola Bars. Or make my common Peanut Butter Protein Bars with vegan protein powder; swap maple syrup for the honey.
Why Does Sugar Seem In The Diet Info If These Are
Vegan Protein Bars No Sugar?
Whereas this recipe accommodates no added sugar or synthetic sweeteners, there are pure sugars in these vegan protein bars that come from the dates. Nonetheless, relative to different recipes, these protein bars have much less sugar content material.
Can I Make These Vegan Protein Bars into Vitality Balls?
Positive! In the event you want balls reasonably than bars, you possibly can form the dough into balls as a substitute.
Do Vegan Protein Bars Comprise Coconut Oil?
No. This explicit vegan protein bar recipe doesn’t include coconut oil. In the event you like, you possibly can experiment with changing a tablespoon of the peanut butter with coconut oil.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter or almond butter plus 2 tablespoons
- 10 medjool dates pitted (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds or flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder vegan if desired (I examined the recipe with Bob’s Purple Mill Dietary Booster, which is sadly not obtainable)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving overhang on two sides like handles.
To the bowl of a meals processor fitted with a metal blade, add the peanut butter, dates, and rolled oats. Pulse a number of instances till the combination breaks down, and the substances start to include with each other.
Scrape down the bowl then add the chia seeds, protein powder, and a pair of tablespoons of milk. Pulse till all substances are properly mixed. Relying in your meals processor, this may increasingly take a couple of minutes.
Test the consistency of your dough. While you decide up a small handful of it and squeeze, it ought to maintain collectively and resemble cookie dough. Whether it is too dry, proceed pulsing in milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, till you attain the appropriate consistency. Switch the combination to a mixing bowl. Add the chocolate chips and, with a spatula (or your fingers), stir to mix the chips and moisten any bits of dough that the meals processor did not incorporate evenly.
Switch the combination to the ready pan and press it into a fair, flat layer. Switch the pan to the freezer for quarter-hour or to the fridge for 1 hour, till the bars agency up.
Raise the bars from the pan utilizing the parchment handles and switch them to a slicing board. Slice into bars of the specified dimension (I made 12) and revel in.
- TO STORE: Retailer the bars within the fridge for as much as 2 weeks. Attributable to their “no bake” consistency, the bars will turn into mushy at room temperature.
- TO FREEZE: Place the bars in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
Serving: 1barEnergy: 237kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 11gFats: 10gSaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 10mgPotassium: 292mgFiber: 4gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 29IUCalcium: 65mgIron: 1mg
Be a part of immediately and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.
Extra wholesome power balls and bars on your snacking wants:
View all recipes