Ribbons of butternut squash, butter, garlic, and parmesan mix for a pretend pasta dish that’s all taste and excellent for fall. Stunning and buttery, these savory butternut squash noodles may have you combating over the leftovers.
I really like a very good noodle swap—attempt these shirataki noodles or zucchini noodles for extra alternate options.
Nuts for Noodles
I really like pasta! I simply don’t love how pasta makes me really feel. So I’ve gotten fairly inventive within the kitchen as a result of I nonetheless crave pasta on a regular basis. These butternut squash noodles are significantly so good that my husband and I fought over who received the final leftovers.
I claimed the final bites with an additional heavy sprinkle of purple pepper flakes—which I cherished however was sufficient warmth to maintain my husband at bay. This will likely be in heavy dinner rotation for us this fall. And now we all know to make additional.
I’ve received all of the tricks to flip an enormous ole butternut squash right into a pile of noodles with the best of ease. I feel it’s enjoyable—simply watch out. This yummy sauce may also work on any pre-made veggie noodles you discover. A tacky bowl of tender noodles—you’ll have everybody begging for butternut. Get pleasure from! – Linds x
Are Butternut Squash Noodles Keto? Low Carb? Paleo?
- Low carb – Though not technically a low carb vegetable, butternut squash is considerably decrease in carbs than conventional noodles–Rice noodles have 40g web carbs in 1 cup, whereas butternut squash has 15g web carbs. So sure, butternut squash noodles have carbs, way more than different veggie alternate options. So it will depend on what works for you and your targets.
- Keto – Since keto consuming plans are sometimes beneath 50g web carbs a day, it’s as much as you if butternut squash spaghetti work together with your targets. To maintain butternut squash noodles keto, think about retaining your portion down, and serving them with a fats or protein.
- Paleo – Sure! Butternut squash noodles are an important paleo various. If following my noodle recipe under, you’ll wish to substitute the butter for oil and skip the parmesan.
Easy methods to make butternut squash noodles
When you’re used to spiralizing veggies, know that butternut squash requires just a few additional steps to prep, and is a more durable noodle to form than most. Begin by choosing a butternut squash with a protracted neck–this will provide you with extra noodles per squash.
slice squash on the backside of the neck
take away peel
Step 1: Easy methods to minimize and peel butternut squash:
A pointy knife and a very good reducing board are essential for prepping this robust veggie. Right here’s your step-by-step information:
- Slice the squash on the backside of the neck, simply earlier than it begins to spherical out. Discard the spherical portion (ie the bulbous)–it’s filled with seeds and received’t convert into noodles. Take away the highest.
- Use a pointy knife to take away the pores and skin–most veggie peelers are usually not sturdy sufficient for the robust pores and skin.
Step 2: Easy methods to spiralize butternut squash:
Now that your butternut is fantastically prepped, let’s spiralize. Listed below are just a few suggestions to bear in mind:
- Sort of spiralizer. Since butternut squash is considerably more durable than most veggies (suppose zucchini, summer season squash, and so forth.), it’s necessary to make use of a sturdy spiralizer–most handheld choices received’t do.
- Attaching. You wish to ensure the squash is firmly pressed into the prongs earlier than you start.
- Stabilizing. Additionally, ensure that the spiralizer is firmly connected to the counter.
- Lengthy noodles. As soon as sliced, I prefer to trim the noodles with kitchen scissors, as they’ll be extraordinarily lengthy.
ensure the spiralizer is safe
trim lengthy noodles with kitchen scissors
Are you able to make butternut squash spaghetti with out a spiralizer?
Not like zucchini, which may simply be formed into zucchini ravioli or zucchini lasagna, butternut squash is agency and exhausting to slice. However you are able to do it! Simply realize it’ll be an arm exercise. Attempt utilizing a mandolin, or a veggie peeler to do that. Or! Purchase butternut squash noodles from the shop.
Searching for a better squash to shred into noodles? Take a look at my find out how to prepare dinner spaghetti squash information–all you want is a baking sheet, knife, and a fork!
saute aromatics in butter or oil
Easy methods to prepare dinner butternut squash noodles
My favourite strategy to prepare dinner butternut squash noodles is a fast sauteé over the range–they don’t want lengthy to turn into tender and scrumptious.
- Sauteéd butternut squash noodles: Begin by sauteéing garlic (or most popular fragrant) in butter or oil. Add the butternut squash noodles and seasoning, then toss to coat. Sauté till softened to your liking–about 8 minutes. You’ll wish to toss the noodles often to make sure they prepare dinner evenly.
- Roasted butternut squash spaghetti: Unfold noodles onto a rimmed baking sheet. Toss with oil and seasoning. Bake at 400 F for 8 minutes. Verify, and proceed to prepare dinner till the noodles have softened to your liking.
PRO TIP: Regardless of which methodology you select, ensure to not overcook the noodles. In any other case, they’ll crumble as you attempt to eat them. Additionally, make sure you season them as they prepare dinner to infuse essentially the most taste.
- What to do with butternut squash noodles? No matter you need! However I like to toss them in butter, aromatics, and a sprinkle of parmesan. Be at liberty so as to add cooked rooster or shrimp for protein (psst–try my shrimp zucchini pasta for inspo).
- What sauce goes with butternut squash noodles? Butternut squash’s candy taste goes nicely with nearly every little thing–from the straightforward sauce shared under to hearty sauces like bolognese or alfredo.
- Can I freeze butternut squash noodles? Positive can, though they’ll be a bit soggy when cooked. Be sure you freeze uncooked spiralized squash noodles.
- Can I swap the noodles for one more squash? Sure! Assume garlic parmesan spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles, and even summer season squash.
Extra Squash Recipes
Butternut Squash Noodles
Servings :4 Servings
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook dinner Time10 minutes
Whole Time15 minutes
Prep your butternut squash noodles (see notice 1 for suggestions). Soften butter in a big pan over medium warmth. Add the garlic and saute till aromatic, about 1-2 minutes. (see notice 2 to oven bake as an alternative)
Add butternut squash noodles and toss to coat within the melted butter. Add the salt and pepper. Proceed to prepare dinner the noodles till they’ve softened to your liking, being cautious to not overcook. Must be 8-10 minutes. Toss the noodles with tongs as they prepare dinner to make sure they prepare dinner evenly.
Sprinkle cooked noodles with parmesan. Serve heat, and revel in!
Fee this Recipe
Followers Additionally Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Easy methods to make butternut squash noodles:
- Slice – Take away the bulbous and high of the squash, we’ll solely spiralize the neck of the squash. Peel the pores and skin utilizing a pointy knife (it’s usually too robust for a veggie peeler).
- Spiralize – use a sturdy spiralizer, as butternut squash is agency and more durable to spiralize than most veggies. Be certain that the prongs press firmly into the flesh, and that the spiralizer is connected to the counter. Slice the noodles to shorten the size of the strands.
- Oven baking the noodles: preheat the oven to 400 F. Unfold noodles onto a rimmed baking sheet, and drizzle with oil and seasoning. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Energy: 148kcalWhole Carbohydrates: 25gProtein: 2gFats: 6gSodium: 635mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gWeb Carbs: 21g
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/web site/weblog is strictly prohibited.
« Parmesan Crusted Salmon