These almond cookies are crunchy and candy and have an identical texture to biscuit cookies. They’re simply 2 components and extremely straightforward to make. You don’t even want a mixer to make the dough. These cookies additionally don’t require any eggs or low carb flours.
These cookies had been a pleasant shock. I used to be making an attempt to make a keto model of my gentle peanut butter cookies. These didn’t end up the identical approach however they’re scrumptious. They’re agency and crunchy and candy. They remind me of biscuit cookies and make an important snack or dessert.
- Pure Almond Butter
- Powdered erythritol
I’ve solely examined this recipe with natural-style almond butter. I have no idea if it really works with common almond butter. You need to use both creamy or crunchy. Crunchy provides some extra texture to those cookies.
This recipe wants a powdered sugar substitute. The powdered sugar substitute will thicken the dough. The dough will likely be too runny for those who use a granular sugar substitute. It additionally must be powdered as a result of a granular sugar substitute won’t soften all the way in which through the baking course of. In case you solely have granular erythritol, you possibly can run it via a excessive powdered blender or meals processor till it turns into a powder.
The best way to Make Keto Almond Cookies
The powdered erythritol is stirred into the almond butter till fully integrated and dough has thickened. Then you definately scoop out dough balls utilizing a cookie scoop and place onto a baking sheet. The cookies are then able to be baked.
- The dough is stickier and just a little runnier than your typical cookie dough. That is why it’s best to make use of a cookie scoop as a result of cookie scoops have a launch lever that can simply launch the cookie dough onto the baking sheet. In case you don’t personal a cookie scoop, you can too attempt utilizing a spoon that will help you launch the dough from the measuring spoon.
- When you drop the dough onto the baking sheet, it would be best to easy the floor and unfold the dough out barely. The dough will unfold just a little throughout baking, so that you don’t have to flatten it to a disk, however you do need the cookie dough to look dome-shaped.
Extra Keto Cookie Recipes with Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup (122 g) pure almond butter
- 4 tbsp (36 g) powdered erythritol
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
In a medium bowl, mix components. Stir with a spatula till the erythritol is totally integrated into the almond butter. The almond butter must also thicken because the erythritol will get integrated. The dough will likely be stickier and wetter than your typical cookie dough.
Use a 2 tsp cookie scoop to scoop out dough and launch onto ready baking sheet. Use your fingertips to easy out floor. Apply mild strain to the cookie dough balls in order that they grow to be dome-shaped (they’ll unfold out extra throughout baking however they do not unfold lots.)
Let cookies bake for about 11-12 minutes or till floor of cookies are agency and edges are a darker shade of brown. Let cookies cool on cookie sheet to totally set earlier than eradicating.
- Make certain to make use of pure almond butter (solely almonds within the ingredient listing).
- This recipe wants powdered erythritol to work. It won’t work with granular erythritol. See submit for extra particulars. I imagine it would additionally work with powdered Swerve. I’ve not examined it with powdered Lakanto.
- I used a 2 tsp cookie scoop for these cookies due to how wealthy the almond butter is. You need to use an even bigger cookie scoop however you’ll need to extend baking time. In case you do not personal a cookie scoop, you possibly can measure the dough with a measuring spoon and use one other spoon to assist launch the dough.
- I used So Nourished powdered erythritol*
- *This product hyperlink is an affiliate hyperlink. This implies I earn a small fee from qualifying purchases.
- If you’re on a keto weight-reduction plan, please keep in mind to take a look at internet carbs and never simply complete carbs. The online carbs rely excludes fiber and sugar alcohols (carbs from erythritol).
Serving: 1cookie, Energy: 109kcal, Carbohydrates: 9g, Protein: 4g, Fats: 10g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 1g, Carbs from erythritol: 5g, NET CARBS: 2g
The diet data supplied are solely estimates primarily based on a web-based dietary calculator. I’m not an authorized nutritionist. Please seek the advice of an expert nutritionist or physician for correct data and any dietary restrictions and considerations you might have.