Within the spirit of the nice and cozy, cozy vibes, I’ve a comforting hug of a recipe for you: On the spot Pot Beef Stew. It has the comfortable richness you anticipate from the stick-to-your-ribs basic, made quicker and simpler within the strain cooker.
This recipe is an adaptation of my Crock Pot Beef Stew.
Beef stew is one in all my absolute favourite recipes to make on a cold, cloudy day (similar with this Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup).
I find it irresistible after I can prep the meat stew early within the day, then have the benefit of permitting the meat to prepare dinner low and gradual for hours till it’s so fall-apart tender, it slices with a spoon.
Time, nonetheless, shouldn’t be at all times on my facet.
This recipe for On the spot Pot beef stew is that recipe’s style twin, however on warp velocity.
The strain cooker makes that all-day taste attainable in a fraction of the time.
The veggies and beef items develop into completely tender and flavorful in a delicious, cozy-to-your-core broth.
Each time I take a chunk of this tasty On the spot Pot beef stew, I really feel transported to a cosy room beside a roaring fireplace in some windswept, drizzly, fairytale a part of the world.
The coast of Eire, maybe?
Or attempt Beef Bourguignon for a French-inspired model.
In the end, location doesn’t matter if you tuck into this hearty stew so long as you’re cosy and the stew is sizzling and prepared.
5 Star Evaluation
“I’ve made this recipe twice lately and it’s nice. It’s so straightforward to make and the style is so wealthy and scrumptious.”
— Kathy —
Ideas for the Greatest Beef Stew in an On the spot Pot
- Brown the meat in order that it will get that delectable crust. Crust = FLAVOR, so don’t skip this step. It takes just a little little bit of endurance however will probably be nicely price your time.
- Deglaze the pot and scrape up each brown bit. Deglazing provides richness to the stew and ensures you don’t obtain the dreaded On the spot Pot “burn” warning.
- Use wine in the event you like. I wrote the recipe for deglazing the stew with beef broth to maintain it easy, however you would actually do an On the spot Pot beef stew purple wine and deglaze with that as an alternative.
- Pile on the veg. Overlook On the spot Pot beef stew with few components! I loaded this soup with a number of wholesome greens, so it’s extremely flavorful and actually can maintain its personal as an all-in-one meal.
- Measurement issues. The On the spot Pot can flip finely chopped veggies into mush fairly simply. For greatest outcomes, lower the potatoes and different greens roughly into bigger items. They’ll maintain up higher through the cooking course of.
Make On the spot Pot Beef Stew
In case you love cozy, hearty, and nutritious recipes that can please everybody at your desk, then this dairy-free On the spot Pot beef stew recipe is the perfect factor to prepare dinner in an On the spot Pot!
Like hearty Spanish Rooster Stew and Braised Brief Ribs, On the spot Pot beef stew feels just like the meal for that form of night time when the rain faucets on the window, however you needn’t fear.
- Boneless Chuck Roast. Beef chuck roast is the right for beef stew (and Beef Barley Soup). It’s tender, protein-packed, flavorful, and received’t dry out throughout cooking.
- make beef stew meat tender. Usually, the one approach to obtain a melt-in-your-mouth texture with more durable cuts of beef (like the meat used for beef stew) is hours of low and gradual cooking.
- The On the spot Pot speeds the method alongside. As a result of no moisture escapes, it locks tenderness into each chunk of the meat.
- Onion + Garlic + Carrots. Staples that assist construct the stew’s flavors and add diet. In case you love celery, you would additionally add some to this straightforward On the spot Pot beef stew recipe.
- Russet Potato. Russet potatoes maintain up nicely throughout cooking (save the Yukon gold potatoes for Scalloped Potatoes), making them the right selection to make use of in beef stew. Make sure that your potato chunks are related in measurement in order that they may prepare dinner in the identical period of time.
Beef Stew With out Potatoes
If it’s essential make this On the spot Pot beef stew with out potatoes, you would attempt utilizing a distinct root vegetable of selection, resembling candy potato or parsnips.
- Worcestershire Sauce. A splash of this umami ingredient will make the flavors pop.
- Bayleaf + Dried Thyme. For a extra complicated broth with that additional somethin’ somethin’.
I additionally prefer to typically add a little bit of dried rosemary to this stew or garnish the stew with recent rosemary simply earlier than serving. Contemporary parsley is a beautiful garnish too.
- Tomato Sauce. As a substitute of creating On the spot Pot beef stew with tomato paste, the tomato sauce helps give the stew liquid and balances out all the opposite flavors. (Plus, except it’s 100% crucial, I hate opening a can solely to make use of a number of tablespoons tomato paste!)
- Cornstarch + Water. You possibly can add water to your beef stew with just a little cornstarch (as an alternative of flour) to thicken it up.
- Peas. Contemporary or frozen will work right here.
In case you don’t take pleasure in peas, On the spot Pot beef stew with mushrooms can be divine. As a result of they prepare dinner rapidly and in an identical period of time as peas, chopped or thinly sliced mushrooms are an excellent various.
- Brown the meat within the On the spot Pot in batches so that each one sides develop shade.
- Sauté the onion and garlic. Stir within the beef broth, and scrape the underside of the pot to deglaze it with a wood spoon.
- Add the remaining components. Do NOT stir! This helps keep away from the burn warning.
- Prepare dinner On the spot Pot beef stew on HIGH for 35 minutes, then let the strain launch naturally. Discard the bay leaf.
- Put together a cornstarch slurry, and stir it into the On the spot Pot. Add the peas. ENJOY!
- How lengthy to strain prepare dinner beef stew. 35 minutes of HIGH strain (the handbook setting), plus 10 minutes of pure launch, yielded items of stew meat that tasted as in the event that they’d been cooking for hours as an alternative of minutes.
- Be certain you narrow the meat to the scale directed within the recipe to make sure this On the spot Pot beef stew time is best for you too.
- What in regards to the meat/stew button? The meat stew setting is a one-click strategy to cooking bigger items of meat (like these on this recipe) within the On the spot Pot. The meat stew setting on the On the spot Pot is 35 minutes lengthy, so it ought to work, however I haven’t experimented with the setting myself. I like to recommend making the recipe as directed.
On the spot Pot beef stew and purple wine are a scrumptious combo! Do that stew with a full-bodied Merlot, Malbec, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, or Bordeaux. You should use among the wine to deglaze the pan, then take pleasure in the remaining.
- To Retailer. Refrigerate stew in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- To Reheat. Rewarm leftovers in a Dutch oven on the stovetop over medium-low warmth or gently within the microwave.
- To Freeze. Freeze stew in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Meal Prep Tip
Chop the greens as much as 1 day upfront, storing them in separate hermetic storage containers within the fridge.
What to Serve with On the spot Pot Beef Stew
View all recipes
Really useful Instruments to Make this Recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Go away a score under within the feedback and let me know the way you preferred the recipe.
On the spot Pot beef stew, I’m prepared for an enormous bowl of your cozy, scrumptious consolation!
Continuously Requested Questions
Can I Make This a Whole30 Beef Stew?
Sure, for these with dietary issues, this On the spot Pot beef stew is Whole30 and Paleo-friendly. Swap arrowroot for the cornstarch, and omit the Worcestershire (you may splash in some coconut aminos for additional taste as an alternative in the event you like).
Is On the spot Pot Beef Stew Gluten Free?
Sure, this beef stew is of course gluten-free…although we couldn’t resist dipping ours with hunks of crusty bread.
Can You Overcook Stew Meat in On the spot Pot?
Sure, you may overcook stew meat within the On the spot Pot in the event you’re not cautious. Whereas beef stew does get extra tender the longer it cooks, there’s a superb line between tender and overdone. Make sure that to slice your meat cubes to the beneficial measurement within the recipe directions and observe the prepare dinner instances carefully.
Why is My Stew Meat Powerful In On the spot Pot?
The lower of meat you choose for stew performs an enormous function in its tenderness as soon as cooked. Beef chuck roast, I discover, is the perfect lower of meat for beef stew recipes. Be sure you additionally let your strain launch naturally. In case you launch it instantly, you may trigger the meat to grab.
- 2 kilos boneless chuck roast
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon floor black pepper divided
- 1 massive yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound carrots about 6 medium
- 1 massive russet potato* (see observe)
- 1 can low-sodium beef broth (14.5-ounces)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce**
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can no salt added tomato sauce (8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch** (see observe)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups recent or frozen peas no have to thaw
- Contemporary parsley or recent rosemary, non-compulsory for serving
Lower the chuck roast into 1 1/2-inch cubes, eradicating any massive, robust items of fats or gristle.
Flip the On the spot Pot to SAUTE. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil. As soon as the oil is sizzling and shimmering (a drop of water ought to sizzle if added to the floor of the pot), add half of the meat, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. The cubes needs to be in a single layer and never too crowded in order that they brown properly. Let the cubes of beef prepare dinner undisturbed for 4 to five minutes (resist the urge to peek!), till the underside of the cubes develop a dark-brown crust and are available away from the pan simply. Flip and proceed searing till darkish and brown throughout, about 4 extra minutes. Switch the seared meat to a clear plate or bowl. Add one other 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pot. As soon as sizzling, add the remaining beef and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Sear the remaining beef. If the pan will get too dry, add a bit extra oil as wanted.
Whereas the meat browns, cube the yellow onion. Mince the garlic. Peel the carrots and lower them into 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices.
Take away the second batch of browned beef to the plate with the primary batch. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and the onion to the On the spot Pot. Prepare dinner, stirring often, till the onion begins to melt and brown, about 6 minutes.
Whereas the onion cooks, scrub and peel the potato and lower it into 3/4-inch chunks. In case you haven’t completed reducing the carrots, achieve this now.
Add the garlic to the On the spot Pot. Prepare dinner, stirring consistently till aromatic, about 30 seconds. Add the meat broth and use a spoon to scrape the brown bits from the underside of the pan. Be sure you take away each final little bit of stuck-on meals so that you simply don’t obtain a “burn” warning.
Stir within the carrots, potatoes, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, thyme, and the browned beef, together with any meat juices which have collected on the plate. Pour the tomato sauce on prime. Don’t stir once more.
Shut and seal the On the spot Pot. Prepare dinner on excessive strain for 35 minutes, then permit the strain to launch naturally for 10 minutes. Vent the steam valve to launch any remaining strain, then rigorously open the lid. Take away and discard the bay leaf.
In a small bowl, whisk collectively the cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Add to the On the spot Pot and stir till the stew thickens. Add the peas and stir to heat by means of. Serve sizzling, sprinkled with recent parsley.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate leftover stew in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Rewarm leftovers in a Dutch oven on the stovetop over medium-low warmth or within the microwave.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze stew in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
- *I don’t suggest utilizing Yukon gold potatoes, that are too starchy and won’t maintain their form when boiled in stew.
- **To make the recipe Whole30/Paleo compliant, swap arrowroot for the cornstarch and omit the Worcestershire (you may splash in some coconut aminos for additional taste as an alternative in the event you like).
Serving: 1.5cupsEnergy: 489kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 44gFats: 22gSaturated Fats: 8gLdl cholesterol: 117mgFiber: 6gSugar: 10g
Be part of at present and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.
Extra Consolation Meals Recipes
Cozy up with one in all these different homey comforting primary dishes:
View all recipes