Contemporary and quick keto shrimp scampi is mild, satisfying, and certain to change up your subsequent pasta evening. Zucchini noodles and shrimp each cook dinner shortly, so you possibly can whip up a flavorful meal very quickly. Butter, a bit of garlic, and this dish is all yours.
Zucchini makes for a fantastic pasta different. Take it to the subsequent stage, or possibly I ought to say layer?? With this zucchini lasagna.
Don’t Skimp on the Shrimp
There’s no have to. A lightweight protein, it cooks shortly and simply absorbs any taste profile—shrimp simply could be my favourite protein. Controversial? Possibly. Right here’s the factor—I like spending time testing my recipes. That may generally imply spending a variety of time within the kitchen with none dinner to indicate for it.
That’s one of many causes I like shrimp a lot. Shrimp makes it simpler to drag dinner collectively. A meal that’s filling, however not too heavy—which makes zoodles an ideal pairing. Actually, I prefer to swap shrimp in recipes that decision for hen on a regular basis. It’s an effective way to rethink a recipe that I already know and nonetheless find yourself with a totally totally different dish.
Straightforward, veggie-forward, with a punch of protein—gown up your peculiar zoodles with shrimp zucchini pasta. – Linds x
Is Shrimp Zucchini Pasta Keto? Low Carb? Paleo? Gluten Free?
- Keto + low carb – Yup! Each ingredient right here is low in carbs and keto.
- Paleo – You’ll be able to flip this into paleo shrimp scampi by substituting butter for olive oil, and skipping the parmesan.
- Gluten free- Sure, zucchini noodles make this a gluten free shrimp scampi.
Substances For Wholesome Shrimp Scampi
- The sauce: Shallots, garlic, white wine, lemon juice and zest make up our traditional keto shrimp scampi sauce. For a dry white wine, go for a sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio. If shallots aren’t obtainable, be at liberty to make use of 1/2 of a finely chopped white onion.
- The shrimp: Make sure you buy peeled + deveined shrimp. As for the tail–it’s most conventional to make this dish with the tail on, nevertheless, I hate eradicating it whereas attempting to eat! The tail provides a bit extra taste to the sauce. Do what works greatest for you.
- The noodles: I like zucchini noodles right here. Go for recent noodles fairly than frozen (they get soggy when cooked).
Keto Pasta Alternate options
You could have choices! Zucchini noodles are my favourite when making keto shrimp scampi. Their gentle style permits the butter garlic sauce to shine, and so they cook dinner in simply 1 minute. That mentioned, you possibly can decide from any one of many following:
- Spaghetti squash
- Butternut squash noodles
- Shirataki noodles
- Almond flour pasta, which can be the bottom for my keto gnocchi
Make Keto Shrimp Scampi
1. Make or buy zucchini noodles.
PRO TIP: If making zucchini noodles at dwelling, I counsel chopping the strands with kitchen scissors in order that they aren’t tremendous lengthy (it makes them simpler to eat).
Make zucchini noodles
Slice the strands in order that they aren’t tremendous lengthy
2. Soften butter over medium warmth. Add the shallot and saute till tender. Add the garlic and saute till aromatic.
3. Add the shrimp and seasoning. Toss to coat. Add the wine, lemon juice, and zest. Deliver to a simmer and preserve till the shrimp is cooked by.
Saute shallot and garlic in butter
Add shrimp and toss to coat
4. Add zucchini noodles and parsley. Proceed to cook dinner for 1 minute, then take away from warmth.
5. Sprinkle your shrimp zucchini pasta with parmesan earlier than serving, and luxuriate in!
Add noodles and parsley
Sprinkle with parmesan
Not a lot to this fast and simple wholesome shrimp scampi, just some issues to bear in mind earlier than getting began:
- Use recent noodles, even if you are going to buy spiralized noodles from the shop. Simply don’t use frozen zucchini noodles. They’ll get mushy when cooked.
- Don’t over cook dinner the noodles! I actually toss them within the sauce for 1 minute, no more! In any other case, they get soggy.
- Purchase shelled + tail-off shrimp. It’ll prevent a lot time. I do know, I do know, shrimp with the tail on provides a contact extra taste. However it additionally provides a contact extra time whenever you simply need to eat!
- Utilizing frozen shrimp? Make certain they’re totally FULLY defrosted. Frozen (even partially) shrimp will launch a great deal of liquid into the sauce and destroy the dish.
Reheat/Storing/Freezing Suggestions, Serving Suggestions
Retailer leftover wholesome shrimp scampi within the fridge, in an hermetic container. Reheat within the microwave and prime with freshly grated parmesan earlier than serving. I don’t advocate freezing this dish.
Extra Low Carb Pasta Recipes
Keto Shrimp Scampi
Servings :6 servings
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook dinner Time10 minutes
Complete Time20 minutes
Soften butter in a big pan over medium warmth. Add the shallot and saute till tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and saute till aromatic, about 1 minute.
Add shrimp, salt, pepper, and purple pepper flakes. Toss to coat the shrimp in butter. Add the white wine, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Deliver to a simmer, and cook dinner till the shrimp are opaque within the heart and totally cooked by.
Add the zucchini noodles and parsley, and toss to coat within the sauce. Cook dinner for 1 minute, then take away instantly from warmth. Sprinkle with parmesan earlier than serving, and luxuriate in!
Price this Recipe
Followers Additionally Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Energy: 135kcalComplete Carbohydrates: 6gProtein: 13gFats: 6gSodium: 921mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gWeb Carbs: 5g
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/web site/weblog is strictly prohibited.