Crisp fall nights remind me simply how a lot I really like roasted veggies. Flavorful, satisfying plus simple to make—this roasted eggplant is an ideal instance. Tender and scrumptious served each heat and chilly, strive it on prime of your subsequent salad!
These simple roasted greens are an effective way to maximise taste—strive oven roasted zucchini or roasted bell peppers.
Eggplant for One
So, full disclosure, my husband Doug is mildly allergic to eggplant. However I’m not! So I make this dish principally only for me. A easy roasting recipe is straightforward to make for one. It’s additionally simple to make one other sheet pan of various veggies and everybody’s pleased.
I really like eggplant due to the luscious manner that it absorbs the olive oil. This can be a nice time to make use of the good things. Slightly salt, some easy seasoning, and the eggplant is nice to go to the oven.
It’s so, so good heat and I’m delighted to inform you that it’s additionally nice chilly or room temp–rework your leftovers into a chilly dish. Don’t fear, I’ve acquired concepts for you.
For eggplant so good, you received’t wish to share. – Linds x
Is Roasted Eggplant Keto? Low Carb?
Sure, eggplant is a good keto vegetable, with solely 2g web carbs per cup (see full dietary profile right here).
Decide the Excellent Eggplant:
- What to search for: Begin with agency, heavy, shiny-skinned eggplant. Keep away from eggplants with bruises, gentle spots, or gentle in weight (this typically means they’re dry).
- Can I take advantage of any number of eggplant? Yup! Though every selection has a special taste profile and texture–for instance, Globe/American eggplant (what you’ll discover most frequently on the grocery retailer) has a gentle taste and meaty texture. Chinese language/Japanese eggplant has skinny pores and skin and a creamy texture. (Extra about eggplant varieties right here). I most frequently use Globe eggplants.
- forestall bitter eggplant? Eggplant historically was salted to scale back its bitterness. That stated, current-day eggplant has been bred to take away most of its bitterness. The one time you should still have a bitter eggplant is that if your eggplant is previous, or actually giant.
How To Lower Eggplant
- Take away the highest and backside.
- Lower into 1 1/2″ thick strips.
- Slice strips into cubes.
- When slicing, if you happen to discover any bruised items, discard them.
Do you peel an eggplant earlier than roasting?
Eggplant pores and skin is completely edible, AND it prevents the eggplant from getting mushy. In truth, when roasted, the pores and skin is my favourite half because it carmelizes. Remember the fact that bigger eggplants have more durable pores and skin, whereas the pores and skin on smaller ones is less complicated to eat.
If you happen to do wish to peel your eggplant, I recommend doing this with a pointy knife and solely eradicating the pores and skin in stripes to maintain the eggplant extra intact.
Different Methods to Season Eggplant
Eggplant is nice at absorbing all of the flavors of your favourite oil, spice or sauce, so be at liberty to make use of no matter you like. Listed here are some concepts for you…
- Mediterranean roasted eggplant: oregano, allspice, and a contact of cinnamon.
- Chipotle eggplant: paprika, lime juice, and cumin.
- Italian eggplant: Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Or douse in parmesan, much like my parmesan roasted broccoli or smashed brussel sprouts.
Make Roasted Eggplant
In search of roasted eggplant that’s legit crispy? I’ve acquired you. The trick is to maintain your cubes 1″ in dimension and never over-cook them. You additionally wish to ensure every slice is touching the pan, relatively than layered on prime of one another. Listed here are step-by-step pics:
1. Slice your eggplant (ideas above).
2. Toss along with oil and seasoning in a big bowl.
toss in oil and seasoning
3. Unfold slices out onto a baking sheet. Bake till simply tender.
4. Toss eggplant midway by means of baking.
unfold onto a baking sheet
toss midway by means of
What To Do With Roasted Eggplant
Apart from serving this as a aspect dish, you need to use roasted eggplant a handful of scrumptious methods:
- With toppings: Corresponding to balsamic glaze, labneh, or a dollop of Greek yogurt.
- Unfold: Discard the pores and skin, mash, and use it as a variety on toast.
- Curry: Add it to your subsequent rooster curry.
- Stir fries: Scrumptious manner to absorb your keto rooster stir fry sauce.
- Eggs: Combine them into your subsequent omelet, scramble, or egg muffins.
- Salads: A scrumptious mix-in for keto salads.
- Make a platter of roasted veggies: Alongside different classics like roasted brussel sprouts, roasted cauliflower, roasted onions, or roasted broccolini.
Extra Eggplant Recipes
Servings :4 servings
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook dinner Time30 minutes
Preheat oven to 450F. Choice to line a baking sheet with parchment paper for simple cleanup (additionally one of the simplest ways to maintain the sugars that can carmelize on the floor of the eggplant).
Take away the highest/backside of the eggplant. Slice it into 1″ strips. Lower the strips into cubes. Place in a big bowl, and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to mix together with your palms.
Unfold eggplant cubes onto the ready baking sheet in a single layer. Make sure to not overcrowd the slices, you could have to divide them on to 2 sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Toss the eggplant on the baking sheet, and bake for one more 10 minutes. You will know they’re performed as soon as their texture has softened to your liking (ensure to not overbake, in any other case the eggplant will grow to be mushy)
Fee this Recipe
Followers Additionally Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Internet Carbs: 0g
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/web site/weblog is strictly prohibited.