Delicate notes of garlic and white pepper mix with the wealthy depth of a creamy, tacky sauce on this stunning keto hen alfredo.
Searching for extra keto pasta choices? Try my keto meatballs or (noodle free!) shrimp carbonara.
Mama Is aware of Greatest.
Should you’re new right here, hello I’m Lindsey. And my Mother taught me all the things I learn about cooking. Nicely, nearly all the things. She’s a consolation meals prepare dinner (she even has her personal weblog!), and makes nothing however the carb-iest, most sugar-filled dishes. She taught me all the things I learn about taste, texture, and methods. The low carb stuff I needed to be taught alone.
So each time I got down to make a brand new dish, I all the time see how Mama makes it, and modify from there.
Rising up, her hen alfredo was an everyday. Not solely as a result of it’s stuffed with SO a lot taste, however as a result of it takes 20 minutes to make. So right here’s the low carb model. The magic is within the creamy, tacky sauce–be at liberty to sub in your favourite protein or noodles right here (though zucchini has NEVER tasted this good!). And revel in ? – Linds x
Enjoyable reality: my Mother and I get to recipe check in the identical kitchen! So every Little Pine Kitchen recipe has her stamp of approval earlier than it hits the net. And now I get to show her a number of issues about cooking (the low carb means).
Is Alfredo Keto? Low Carb? Gluten-Free? Paleo?
Is alfredo excessive in carbs? Usually talking, no. Alfredo sauce is low carb and excessive fats, the larger concern is what pasta you serve it with. That stated, some recipes do use flour to thicken the sauce, whereas this recipe makes use of a mixture of parmesan and heavy cream.
- Keto – sure, each ingredient right here is low carb and keto. See my keto pasta alternate options beneath to maintain this dish completely low carb.
- Gluten-free – this alfredo is completely gluten-free (once more) so long as you serve it over a wheat-free pasta various.
- Paleo – no, this alfredo will not be paleo. For a paleo alfredo, you’d want heavy cream, parmesan, and butter alternate options. A neater answer? Use a sauce comparable to this keto spaghetti sauce or this keto bolognese (skip the cream) as a substitute.
Keto Alfredo Sauce Elements + Swaps
Not a lot to it! Right here’s what you want, and some changes you may simply make…
- Rooster breasts – Be at liberty to make use of shrimp as a substitute (take a look at my keto shrimp scampi), or skip the hen for a vegetarian various
- Heavy cream – historically, cow’s milk is used — heavy cream will considerably lower down on carbs
- Almond milk unsweetened + unflavored will assist skinny out the heavy cream, in any other case, the sauce will turn out to be too wealthy
- Purple pepper flakes – add extra for further zest
- White pepper – you need to use black pepper, though white is strongly beneficial
- Parmesan – helps to thicken our keto alfredo sauce
How do You Thicken Alfredo with out Flour?
You possibly can thicken and hold alfredo sauce keto through the use of further parmesan (as finished right here), and even including a contact of xanthan gum. Different recipes use cream cheese or mozzarella cheese to thicken their keto hen alfredo — I don’t love this because it adjustments the flavour of the sauce.
Keto Pasta Choices
I like to make keto hen alfredo with zucchini noodles, however you may substitute your favourite keto pasta right here as a substitute. Listed here are some concepts for you…
- Different veggie noodles, comparable to butternut squash noodles, cabbage noodles, or spaghetti squash
- Almond flour pasta
- Edamame noodles
- Use cauliflower or broccoli rice as a substitute
Psst — SKIP shirataki noodles, their texture is simply too “gummy” for Italian meals dishes.
Methods to Make Keto Rooster Alfredo
1. Pat hen dry, and season.
2. Sear hen on either side in a skillet till cooked by way of. Slice cooked hen into strips.
pat dry + season
sear till cooked by way of
4. Saute onion in melted butter.
5. Add the cream, almond milk, parmesan, purple pepper flakes, white pepper, and salt.
6. Take away from warmth and add zoodles. Toss to coat.
soften butter + saute garlic
add all different sauce components
take away from warmth and toss in zoodles
What to do with Keto Alfredo Sauce?
Except for serving this over noodles, you need to use it as a scrumptious sauce for…
- Roasted greens, comparable to roasted broccoli or roasted cauliflower steaks.
- Proteins like sliced hen, shrimp, and even pork tenderloin.
- Zucchini ravioli, or keto spaghetti squash casserole as a substitute of spaghetti sauce.
Storing, Freezing, and Reheating Ideas
I recommend storing your zucchini noodles and alfredo sauce individually. Zucchini will launch liquid when cooled, which can water down your sauce. Merely reheat your sauce over the range, or within the microwave utilizing quick intervals, and stirring between each. Toss in recent noodles as soon as your sauce has heated.
I don’t recommend freezing keto alfredo sauce–as with most cream-based sauces, it received’t defrost nicely.
Extra Keto Pasta Recipes
Low Carb Keto Rooster Alfredo
Servings :4 bowls
Prep Time5 minutes
Prepare dinner Time15 minutes
Complete Time20 minutes
Rooster. Pat hen utterly dry, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Scale back the warmth of your skillet to medium-low, and add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet, together with the hen breasts (2). Sear on either side till golden and the inner temp of your hen reaches 165 F. Set hen apart on a plate and canopy with foil. After the hen has rested for 10 minutes, slice and proceed to tent till the pasta sauce is prepared.
Sauce. Soften butter (1/4 cup) within the skillet, and add the garlic (1 tablespoon). Saute till aromatic, about 1 minute. Add the cream (1 cup), almond milk (1/2 cup), parmesan cheese (1/2 cup), purple pepper flakes (pinch), white pepper (1/8 teaspoon), and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk because the cheese melts into the sauce, about 2 minutes. Take away from warmth.
Assemble + serve. Add the zoodles and toss to coat, then rapidly (so the zoodles do not get soggy) dish pasta onto plates. If you would like your sauce a bit thicker, add 1/4 cup of extra grated parmesan. Sprinkle with parsley (2 tablespoons), sliced hen breast and extra parmesan. Take pleasure in!
Fee this Recipe
Followers Additionally Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Noodles – Not a fan of zoodles? Edamame noodles are my favourite substitute right here, particularly when skipping the hen (they’re excessive in protein).
- Rooster is completely non-obligatory! (in truth, I often skip it). You too can use shrimp– simply sear on either side till utterly pink.
- How a lot to prepare dinner your noodles – personally, I’m not a fan of al dente zoodles, however there’s a superb line between not cooked and soggy. So watch fastidiously!
- Zucchini will launch liquid because it cooks, and might water down your alfredo sauce– this is the reason it’s so vital to serve proper after tossing the noodles in sauce. If that isn’t an possibility, including extra parmesan will rapidly thicken the sauce.
Energy: 585kcalComplete Carbohydrates: 9gProtein: 33gFats: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gInternet Carbs: 7g
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/web site/weblog is strictly prohibited.