In the event you’ve by no means roasted a slab of cauliflower earlier than, that is the start of a ravishing friendship. Already love what this cruciferous magnificence can do for you? Prepare so as to add this to your veggie line up. Roasted cauliflower steaks. It’s what’s for dinner.
One of the best roasted greens are minimal effort, most taste magic—strive roasted eggplant or oven roasted zucchini for easy greens that you just’ll be excited to eat. Actually!
Caul Me Anytime
Cauliflower is a humble vegetable. Roasted Cauliflower Steaks? That’s a unique story. Caramelized edges, a young slice. So satisfying plus this steak can pair with nearly any sauce that sounds good to you ( no, actually! )—chimichurri, basic steak sauce, pesto, an aioli!?
Very versatile, and undoubtedly scrumptious.
So very scrumptious, that even my husband will get enthusiastic about this meal. This is identical very husband that informed me that he was allergic to cauliflower. When what he meant to say was he doesn’t like cauliflower. Clearly not the identical, however that’s how robust a dislike we’re speaking right here. This dish turned that round.
Which actually works out. As a result of I completely adore it. And him.
And if we’re gonna discuss love— I’ve to say that the primary time I had a cauliflower steak like this—which is to say, value writing residence about—I used to be in New Zealand with my finest pal on an epic van journey. Which was…equally scrumptious. – Linds x
Are Roasted Cauliflower Steaks Keto? Low Carb? Paleo?
- Keto + low carb – Sure, cauliflower is a flexible keto vegetable.
- Paleo – Simply veggies, oil, and spices right here. Even the elective aioli makes for nice paleo cauliflower.
How do you narrow cauliflower for cauliflower steak?
1. Take away outer inexperienced leaves
take away inexperienced leaves
after, your cauliflower ought to seem like this
2. Trim a bit of off the underside of the stem, ensuring to maintain the core intact (that is completely edible and retains the steaks in a single piece).
3. Chop your cauliflower head in half by way of the middle.
take away backside of the stem
chop in half
4. Minimize 1″ steaks from both half. Plan on getting 3-4 steaks out of every head of cauliflower.
5. Save leftover florets for one more recipe, or bake along with the steaks (you’ll need to double the oil + seasoning).
slice into steaks
How do you narrow cauliflower steaks in order that they don’t crumble?
The core is what’s going to preserve the cauliflower steaks in a single piece, so that you’ll inevitably have lots of florets floating round as you slice your cauliflower (That is why we use 2 heads of cauliflower). I prefer to roast them on the identical baking sheet, with extra oil and seasoning, or save them for future recipes.
What ought to I do with the cauliflower florets?
Cauliflower florets are gold, don’t allow them to go to waste! Listed here are just a few methods you should utilize them…
- Roast them – roasted cauliflower is a scrumptious facet dish.
- Cauliflower rice – try my Mexican cauliflower rice or this cauliflower fried rice to combine it up.
- Pasta sub – use them as an alternative of penne along with your favourite sauce. See this cauliflower baked ziti or my cauliflower mac and cheese for inspo.
- As an alternative of bread, when making stuffing or pizza.
- Potato swap, try my cauliflower potato salad, and also you’ll overlook potatoes had been ever part of the dish.
Ought to I take away the core when slicing the cauliflower?
No, put it aside! That is what retains the florets hooked up as a “steak”.
The way to Make Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
1. Brush baking sheet with oil, and place cauliflower steaks on high, choice to scatter cauliflower florets round. Brush the tops of the cauliflower with 1/2 the oil.
2. Sprinkle with 1/2 the seasoning.
brush with oil
sprinkle with seasoning
3. Bake in preheated oven. Flip midway by way of.
4. Brush the opposite facet with oil, then sprinkle with seasoning.
brush with remaining oil and seasoning
Spice Combine Alternate options…
I like the smoked paprika, cumin, and garlic powder combo right here. However actually, most spice mixes could be scrumptious. Go for one thing to go with your most important course, reminiscent of…
- Easy salt and pepper.
- Taco seasoning, which is scrumptious with guacamole as a dip.
- Oregano and lemon pepper.
- Curry powder, salt, and pepper.
What to Serve with Roasted Cauliflower Steaks?
These roasted cauliflower steaks make an incredible facet dish to any protein, like dijon salmon, or easy hen and pork dishes.
Extra Roasted Veggies
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
Servings :3 servings
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook dinner Time30 minutes
Complete Time40 minutes
Preheat oven to 425 F. Choice to line a baking sheet with parchment paper for straightforward clear up. Brush among the oil onto your baking sheet or parchment paper.
Prep the cauliflower, by rinsing it, eradicating the outer leaves, and trimming the underside of the stem (preserve the core!). Slice cauliflower in half, then working from the middle, slice 1″ steaks–I am often capable of get 3-4 steaks per head of cauliflower. The cauliflower will crumble, it can save you these florets for one more recipe, or bake them on a second baking sheet (you may must double the oil and seasoning if you wish to bake all of them collectively).
Place the cauliflower steak in a single layer in your ready baking sheet, remember to go away a bit of house between every. Brush the tops with 1/2 the oil, and sprinkle with half the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
Bake in preheated oven for Quarter-hour.
Take away from oven, flip every steak, and brush the second facet with the remaining seasoning. Sprinkle with remaining salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Return to the oven and proceed to bake till the cauliflower has softened to your liking, must be between 12-Quarter-hour.
Choice to make the aioli whereas the cauliflower is roasting, then drizzle it on high, or serve it as a facet to dip. Get pleasure from!
Fee this Recipe
Followers Additionally Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Paprika aoili – 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon of cumin — add every thing to a small bowl and blend till properly mixed.
Energy: 182kcalComplete Carbohydrates: 20gProtein: 8gFats: 10gSodium: 891mgFiber: 8gSugar: 7gInternet Carbs: 12g
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/web site/weblog is strictly prohibited.