Contemporary, inexperienced asparagus, creamy and sharp Swiss cheese, and completely skinny prosciutto. All rolled up into a sublime, further particular hen dinner. This asparagus stuffed hen is a restaurant-quality recipe which you can make whereas resting within the consolation of your personal dwelling.
When you’ve obtained the method down, there are such a lot of methods to change up the flavors—strive broccoli and cheese stuffed hen, or further decadent cream cheese stuffed hen.
The Good Stuff
As soon as upon a market, I obtained a bit over zealous and ended up with numerous asparagus on my fingers. Like, A LOT. I used basic taste mixtures to encourage this dish and the result’s mouthwatering and delightful.
Vibrant asparagus pairs nicely with the salty goodness of the prosciutto and creamy tang of the Swiss cheese. Just a little freshness from the lemon zest actually makes every taste pop—each single chew is bursting with taste. That is all about layers of taste that basically work collectively.
An abundance of asparagus by no means tasted so good! – Linds x
Find out how to Reduce Hen Breast for Stuffing?
Place your hand over your hen breast so it stays in place. Use a pointy knife to fastidiously lower it by the thickest half, 3/4 of the best way by.
If you happen to do lower throughout, no worries! It gained’t be as fairly, however you’ll be able to nonetheless place one half over the stuffing, and hold the breasts collectively utilizing toothpicks.
place hand on prime and slice
Find out how to Seal Stuffed Hen Breast
Usually, you’ll be able to fold the hen breast over itself. However, should you’re utilizing a very small breast, or plenty of filling, you might want to bolster the fold with toothpicks. Simply remember to take away the toothpicks earlier than consuming!
How do You Cook dinner Asparagus Stuffed Hen Breast?
1. Sprinkle sliced hen with lemon peel.
2. Layer a chunk of prosciutto on one half of the sliced breast.
3. Adopted by a slice of swiss.
4. Then 3-4 asparagus spears.
5. Fold the breast over itself. Season each side with salt and pepper.
fold hen breast over filling
sprinkle with seasoning
6. Sear the hen on both sides till the outside has a golden crust. Place the hen breast on a baking sheet and prepare dinner in a preheated oven till the hen has cooked by.
place on baking sheet
How do you retain hen breast moist within the oven?
The trick to maintaining hen moist, isn’t over cooking it. And one of the simplest ways I’ve discovered to not overcook hen is through the use of a meat thermometer. Verify the hen ceaselessly because the thickest level. You need to be sure the middle of your hen reaches an inside temp of 165 F.
Can I freeze cooked stuffed hen breast?
You possibly can, nonetheless, since hen breast is so lean, it dries if over cooked. And reheating it is going to overcook it. If you wish to freeze this stuffed hen breast, I counsel freezing it uncooked. Then defrosting and cooking it.
What Goes with Stuffed Hen?
This stuffed hen is scrumptious with a aspect of straightforward veggies, suppose sauteed mushrooms or spinach.
Seeking to make this recipe extra your personal? Look no additional – I’m right here to assist!
- Use bacon as an alternative. You can by no means go mistaken with making this asparagus stuffed hen wrapped in BACON! Or, do that keto bacon wrapped meatloaf for one more protein again and delicious dinner.
- Attempt utilizing various kinds of cheese! You need to use plenty of kinds of cheese on this asparagus stuffed hen, however one of many important belongings you’re in search of is a punch of salt and taste. Be happy to change up the swiss for feta, gouda or provolone. For an additional scrumptious dinner, do that mozzarella stuffed hen, or this cream cheese stuffed hen.
- Add in additional greens. You would do plenty of enjoyable variations with veggies on this dish, like swapping asparagus for inexperienced beans, artichokes or swiss chard. You’ll additionally go nuts for this flavorful broccoli and cheese stuffed hen and creamy spinach stuffed hen.
- Use Completely different Hen Cuts. I desire hen breast as there’s extra room to stuff your hen. Nevertheless, hen thighs are MUCH extra flavorful! And make for scrumptious stuffed hen thighs, if that’s what you like.
Extra Straightforward Hen Recipes
I do know straightforward hen recipes are the bedrock of my meal planning. If you’d like much more inventive choices, have a look right here:
- Hen Stuffed Peppers
- Spinach Stuffed Hen
- Crustless asparagus quiche
Asparagus Stuffed Hen
Servings :4 Servings
Prep Time25 minutes
Cook dinner Time35 minutes
Complete Time1 hr
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Pat the hen dry (4 breasts).
Reduce a pocket into every hen — I discover that is best to do by putting a hand excessive of the hen breast and thoroughly utilizing a pointy knife to chop into the middle of the breast. Attempt to not pierce by to the opposite aspect. (Alternatively, you’ll be able to butterfly the hen and use toothpicks to carry it collectively!)
Sprinkle the within of every hen breast with lemon zest.
Layer a slice of cheese, then prosciutto, then 3-4 asparagus spears (relying on the scale of your hen) on one aspect of every breast.
Fold the opposite aspect of your breast over the filling.
Sprinkle the highest of every breast with salt (1 teaspoon), pepper (1/2 teaspoon) and garlic powder (1 teaspoon). Press it into the highest to stick.
Warmth oil (2 tablespoons) in a big skillet over medium-high warmth.
As soon as shimmering, add the breasts, ensuring there may be loads of house between every (If you do not have a big skillet, do that in batches).
Sear both sides for 3-5 minutes, you will know it is achieved as soon as they’re straightforward to flip and so they have a golden sear.
Place skillet within the preheated oven and proceed to bake for 20 minutes, you will know the hen is finished as soon as the inner temp of the breasts has reached 165 F.
Enable hen to relaxation for 10 minutes earlier than serving, and revel in!
Charge this Recipe
Followers Additionally Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Delicate tasting oil. You need an oil with a excessive smoke level and delicate taste — suppose avocado, vegetable, safflower, sunflower, peanut. Skip EVOO, coconut, or sesame oil.
- There’s a lottt of filling! (As a result of I just like the style of the filling greater than the style of hen :)). To accommodate all of it, my hen was EXTREMELY crammed up. If you happen to don’t need to use all of it, save the filling and use it as a scrumptious dip with crackers or veggies.
- Dietary data is for 1 hen breast should you evenly divide the filling into 4 breasts:
Energy: 369kcalComplete Carbohydrates: 4gProtein: 51gFats: 16gSodium: 900mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gWeb Carbs: 2g
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/web site/weblog is strictly prohibited.
« Roasted Cauliflower Steaks