Love having turkey on Thanksgiving Day however over the leftovers? These contemporary and engaging Leftover Turkey Recipes are for you!
Making ready and serving a phenomenal, scrumptious turkey on Thanksgiving Day is a convention in my household—and so are the leftovers!
When you’ve exhausted the plain (turkey sandwiches), determining what to do with leftover turkey is usually a problem.
Through the years, I’ve discovered easy and delicious methods to repurpose my leftover turkey that don’t really feel like I’m merely reheating my Thanksgiving Day meal.
From comforting casseroles to veggie-packed pastas to creamy soups, these recipes will breathe new life into your leftover turkey troubles.
Plus, most of them will serve a number of folks, that means they’re very best for these of you who nonetheless have visitors at your home.
Along with the wholesome leftover turkey recipes, I’ve additionally shared my finest suggestions beneath on the right way to retailer and reheat turkey after it’s been cooked. And sure, the following tips will assist you reheat it with out drying it out (<– that is vital for really having fun with your leftovers).
In the event you’re prepared for the recipes, use the hyperlinks beneath to leap to particular classes, or just scroll all the way down to view all of them and my storage suggestions.
Desk of Contents
- Storing Leftover Turkey
- Reheating Leftover Turkey
- Learn how to Know When Leftover Turkey Is Dangerous
- Leftover Turkey Casserole Recipes
- Leftover Turkey Pastas
- Leftover Turkey Sandwiches
- Leftover Turkey Soup
- Leftover Turkey Breakfasts
- Straightforward Leftover Turkey Recipes
- Often Requested Questions
Storing Leftover Turkey
I like to recommend not letting your Thanksgiving leftovers sit out too lengthy after cooking.
If doable, slice and refrigerate the turkey as quickly as doable after the meal has ended. This helps hold the meat from drying out.
- To Retailer. Turkey leftovers will final within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Place them in an hermetic storage container or ziptop bag. For further moisture, you possibly can drizzle a few of the turkey drippings or broth excessive of the meat earlier than refrigerating it.
- To Freeze. One of the simplest ways to freeze leftover turkey is in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
To keep away from one other inflow of turkey, freeze your leftovers in smaller parts. This lets you thaw and revel in your further turkey somewhat at a time.
Reheating Leftover Turkey
For these of you who’ve tried to reheat turkey up to now, you understand how simply it could actually go from moist and tender to dry and hard.
Listed below are my finest suggestions for maintaining your leftover turkey as tasty because the day it was ready:
- To Reheat. Low and gradual is the secret right here to make sure your leftover turkey is tender.
- Wrap leftover turkey in aluminum foil, making a sealed pouch across the meat. Place the pouch in a baking dish.
- Earlier than sealing the pouch, add moisture to your turkey by pouring somewhat broth (or turkey drippings) over it.
- Place the turkey in a 300 levels F oven till warmed by way of.
Whilst you can reheat the turkey within the microwave, it’s not my first alternative. If it is advisable use the microwave, ensure you add loads of moisture to the turkey earlier than reheating it so it doesn’t dry out.
Learn how to Know When Leftover Turkey Is Dangerous
Figuring out whether or not leftover turkey has gone unhealthy or not comes all the way down to 4 of your 5 senses (in the event you can in some way hear when leftover turkey is unhealthy, please educate me your methods).
When deciding in case your turkey has gone unhealthy or not, begin with sight, odor, and contact. If the turkey fails one in every of these senses, then you definately undoubtedly don’t need to style it.
- Sight. In case your leftover turkey appears discolored or has indicators of mildew, it’s now not fit for human consumption and must be discarded.
- Scent. When turkey has gone unhealthy, it would probably odor unhealthy. In case your turkey smells bitter, off, or in any other case uncommon, throw it out.
- Contact. Turkey that has gone unhealthy will usually really feel slimy to the contact.
- Style. In case your turkey has handed the three different senses however tastes off in any manner, assume it’s unhealthy and toss it.
Now, let’s get to these 5-star leftover turkey recipes!
Leftover Turkey Casserole Recipes
Leftover Turkey Pastas
Leftover Turkey Sandwiches
Leftover Turkey Soup
Leftover Turkey Breakfasts
Straightforward Leftover Turkey Recipes
Often Requested Questions
Can I Make these Leftover Turkey Recipes to Freeze?
Completely! This works particularly properly with casseroles and soups. In the event you’re planning to freeze the recipe you make, ensure you use your leftover turkey meat whereas it’s nonetheless contemporary, not meat that has already been frozen.
Can Leftover Turkey Be Utilized in Hen Recipes?
As this listing proves, your leftover Thanksgiving turkey can turn into a great swap for hen (or pork). Most recipes that decision for cooked hen will work properly with leftover turkey as a substitute.