When is the final time you had onion rings? If it was greater than 5 minutes in the past, a batch of crispy Air Fryer Onion Rings is so as!
Whereas I’m often a French fry woman (particularly Air Fryer French Fries), in relation to bar meals with a severe W-O-W issue, a tall, piping-hot stack of onion rings is difficult to beat.
As a lot as I get pleasure from them, except I’m with a big group to help with the takedown, I hardly ever organize them.
As yummy as onion rings are, something various leaves my tummy in a less-than-happy place.
Onion rings within the air fryer, nevertheless?
Ben and I DEVOURED the lot and felt nice doing it!
With their highly effective convection cooking energy, air fryers (that is the one I personal) create knockout copycats of meals which might be often fried, with solely a tiny little bit of oil.
Air Fryer Pickles, Air Fryer Rooster Wings, Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks, and past—with the air fryer, the golden, crisp world of meals often loved moderately is ours for consuming on the common!
Of all of the air fryer recipes I’ve made, onion rings did take slightly longer to prep, as a result of it’s trickier to get the breadcrumbs to coat the within of the onion rings (in comparison with one thing like Air Fryer Potato Chips, which have a very flat floor).
That stated, I received the cling of it after the primary batch.
Plus, as soon as we tasted them, I felt fully validated.
These golden air-fried onion rings are value it.
The way to Make Air Fryer Onion Rings
Onion rings take about 7 to 9 minutes to prepare dinner within the air fryer at 360 levels F.
I labored on our batches within the background whereas I prepped the remainder of dinner, with the intention of serving them as a aspect—we devoured all of them earlier than we sat down, oops.
These are double-dredged air fryer onion rings with flour, eggs, and seasoned breadcrumbs, dipped in that order.
Arrange your stations, embrace getting your fingers slightly messy, and benefit from the course of!
- Onions. inheritor pure sweetness provides great taste to those onion rings.
- All-Goal Flour. Creates a base layer for the breading. Beginning with flour helps give the eggs one thing to stay to so that they adhere.
- Panko. Extremely crispy and fewer prone to find yourself soggy with oil, panko is my go-to for an ideal, crispy breading.
- Eggs. Helps the breadcrumbs adhere to the onions.
Whereas some recipes name for a buttermilk combination, I made the air fryer onion rings with out buttermilk as a result of we hardly ever have it readily available. If you’re a buttermilk believer, you could possibly strive changing one of many eggs with 1/4 cup of it.
- Spices. Garlic powder and salt are two can’t-miss additions to those onion rings. Whereas optionally available, we additionally love including a pinch of chili powder and cayenne pepper to ours. It offers the onion rings a touch of smokiness and spice.
- Arrange your dredging stations.
- Dredge the onion rings within the flour, eggs, and panko breadcrumbs.
- Switch them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the onion rings in an air fryer basket coated with nonstick spray, then mist the tops with extra spray.
- Air fry at 360 levels F for 7 to 9 minutes, till golden brown. Take away them to a plate, including a pinch of salt. Repeat with the remaining onions. Serve along with your favourite dipping sauce. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Refrigerate onion rings in an hermetic storage container for as much as 3 days.
- To Reheat. Recrisp leftovers on a baking sheet within the oven at 350 levels F.
- To Freeze. Lay leftovers in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet, then freeze till strong. Switch the frozen rings to an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container or ziptop bag. Freeze for as much as 3 months. Reheat from frozen.
Meal Prep Tip
As much as 1 day upfront, slice the onion as directed. Retailer the onion rings in an hermetic storage container within the fridge till you’re prepared to complete the recipe.
Use leftover onion rings to improve your favourite burger. Strive including them to a Portobello Mushroom Burger.
For a singular and delicious breakfast, fry an egg inside a leftover onion ring.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Onion Rings
These onion rings make a superb appetizer, snack, or aspect dish.
View all recipes
Advisable Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Air Fryer. The one I personal and love.
- Mixing Bowls. This set could be good for serving to you batter the onion rings.
- Tongs. Nice for transferring the onion rings to and from the air fryer.
The Finest Air Fryer
This extra-large air fryer has loads of house for your entire favourite recipes! It additionally has a number of cooking features and a dishwasher-safe basket.
Did you make this recipe?
Depart a ranking under within the feedback and let me understand how you favored the recipe.
Need the most effective appetizer ever? Put a (air fryer onion) ring on it!
Incessantly Requested Questions
What’s the Finest Dipping Sauce for Onion Rings?
We loved our onion rings with a aspect of my do-it-yourself Barbecue Sauce, however there are oodles of different sauces you’ll be able to serve with this recipe. Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip (or your favourite ranch dressing), ketchup, Vegan Queso, Buffalo sauce, mayo-based dipping sauces (like blooming onion sauce), and honey mustard are all nice choices.
Can I Make Air Fryer Onion Rings Gluten Free?
To make this air fryer onion rings recipe gluten free, swap the panko bread crumbs for gluten free panko bread crumbs and the all-purpose flour for a 1:1 gluten free flour like this one.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 giant eggs
- 1 1/4 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder optionally available
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus extra for serving
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optionally available
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced crosswise into 1/2- to three/4-inch rings
- Nonstick cooking spray or olive oil
- Home made BBQ Sauce for dipping (optionally available)
In a small, shallow bowl, place the flour. In a second small bowl, beat the eggs. In a 3rd bowl, mix the bread crumbs, chili powder, garlic powder, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, and cayenne. Final, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and hold it useful to make use of as a piece floor.
Separate the onion slices into rings. Working a couple of at a time, dip the onion rings within the flour, then the eggs, then the bread crumb combination, turning the rings and patting the panko as wanted to stick (smaller rings are simpler than bigger ones).
Place on the ready baking sheet. Repeat with remaining rings.
Preheat your air fryer to 360 levels F. Coat the air fryer basket with nonstick spray.
Place the onion rings in a single layer within the basket, then mist the tops with extra nonstick spray.
Air fry the onion rings for 7 to 9 minutes, till golden and crisp (no must flip them). Take away from the basket to a serving plate and instantly season with a pinch of salt. Repeat with the remaining onions. When you’d wish to serve all batches scorching directly, set the air fried rings apart as they end, then reheat all of them collectively in a single batch within the air fryer for a minute or two (it’s OK to stack when reheating). Get pleasure from scorching with BBQ sauce or dip of alternative.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate onion rings in an hermetic storage container for as much as 3 days.
- TO REHEAT: Recrisp leftovers on a baking sheet within the oven at 350 levels F.
- TO FREEZE: Lay leftovers in a single layer on a baking sheet, then freeze till strong. Switch the frozen rings to an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container or ziptop bag. Freeze for as much as 3 months. Reheat from frozen.
Serving: 1(of two)Energy: 361kcalCarbohydrates: 57gProtein: 15gFats: 7gSaturated Fats: 2gPolyunsaturated Fats: 2gMonounsaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0.02gLdl cholesterol: 186mgPotassium: 287mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 620IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 118mgIron: 4mg
Be a part of in the present day and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.
Extra Scrumptious Air Fryer Recipes
View all recipes