This Stuffed Acorn Squash is a wholesome dinner that’s tremendous filling and full of diet and taste! Savory sausage, recent apple and celery with candy cranberries and recent sage.
Winter squash is good, creamy and so scrumptious! It’s extremely versatile and you may cook dinner it in so some ways! Acorn squash is one in every of my favourite winter squash as a result of it’s small, simpler to chop, and has a candy, nutty taste and is a little more gentle than different winter squash.
Elements For Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Acorn Squash: Medium measurement acorn squash.
- Onion: Yellow or white onions work nice.
- Garlic: You should buy cloves or pre-minced.
- Apple: This recipe works nice with a extra tart apple – inexperienced or pink woman are my favourite.
- Italian Sausage: I favor pork sausage for this recipe, however you should use turkey italian sausage if you need to decrease the quantity of fats.
- Sage: Contemporary sage leaves offers you probably the most taste.
- Rooster Broth
- Cranberries: Dried cranberries are nice for this.
Easy methods to Reduce Acorn Squash
There are many methods to chop acorn squash relying on how you might be utilizing it. For this recipe there are two methods you’ll be able to reduce it.
- Reduce from the stem down in half till you slice all the squash. The simplest method is to chop down one of many ridges to stabilize your knife.
- Reduce in half horizontally. Slice the underside a part of the sharp half off in order that it may sit flat on the baking sheet. This manner creates a bit deeper area to fill together with your filling.
Easy methods to Make Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Step one is to prep and bake your acorn squash. As soon as your squash is reduce, frivolously brush with oil after which season with salt and pepper.
- Whereas the squash is cooking, make your filling by sauteing onion, apple, celery, garlic, sausage and sage.
- When your squash is completed, fill every half with the sausage combination.
- You’ll be able to high with cheese and bake for just some minutes till melted and bubbly. Take pleasure in!
Substitutions in Stuffed Acorn Squash
You need to use any kind of floor meat on this stuffed squash. Rooster, turkey, or beef will work.
You’ll be able to depart the apples out of this recipe, or you should use asian pears.
Rosemary would work nice on this recipe aslo.
Extra Favourite Squash Recipes
- 3 medium acorn squash reduce in half, seeds eliminated
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium apple cored and diced
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 pound italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons recent sage minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt extra to style
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper extra to style
- 1/2 cup hen broth
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and frivolously spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Rinse the surface of the acorn squash and reduce in half. Scoop out the seeds and place squash face up on the baking sheet. Calmly brush with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake squash for 25-Half-hour or till fork tender.
Whereas your squash are baking, warmth 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium excessive warmth. Add onion, celery and apple and saute till softened. This can take about 10 minutes. Add garlic and sage in direction of the previous couple of minutes.
Add the sausage to your pan and cook dinner till browned, breaking it up into small items. As soon as the sausage is brown, add hen broth and stir to mix. Prepare dinner for a couple of extra minutes till the hen broth has soaked into the combination. Take away from warmth and stir in cranberries.
When the acorn squash is completed baking, take away from the oven and fill every squash with the sausage/veggie combination. You’ll be able to sprinkle your selection of cheese on high and bake for an extra 5 minutes to soften the cheese in order for you! Serve heat and revel in.
Energy: 434kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 13g | Fats: 29g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 4g | Monounsaturated Fats: 14g | Trans Fats: 0.02g | Ldl cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 736mg | Potassium: 1035mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 839IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 3mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you’ll discover numerous scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, suggestions for getting your youngsters to eat higher and change into intuitive eaters and plenty of assets for feeding your loved ones.
Study Extra about Natalie