If you recognize me, you recognize I’m a biiiig fan of flavorful, attention-grabbing, and FUN sandwiches. In truth, the entire AK group just about does backflips over sandwiches. Have you ever checked out our information for the perfect sandwiches in Chicago? They’re a must-try for those who’re within the metropolis.
However let’s get again to selfmade sandwiches. Ones you possibly can construct with each distinctive topping you’ll find in your fridge or pantry. Ones like this final spicy cheddar apple sandwich with pickled jalapeños (sure) and kettle chips (OMG sure).
This sandwich is the right combo of candy, savory, spicy, crunchy, and veggie-packed. It’s the whole lot I craved throughout my newest being pregnant with child Lachlan, and am nonetheless craving even simply 6 days postpartum. Though this lovely sandwich is vegetarian, it nonetheless packs 15g of protein and can hold you full and happy after lunch! In fact, I included tons of straightforward methods to customise this apple cheese sandwich, together with including further protein. Pile it excessive and bear in mind to go away a remark after you do that superb combo!
Elements within the good cheddar apple sandwich
We’re taking an everyday apple cheese sandwich and dressing it up with recent greens, candy & spicy toppings, and naturally, potato chips for that impossible to resist crunch. Right here’s the whole lot you’ll must make it:
- Bread: I like good toasty sourdough bread, however be happy to make use of any bread you’d like for this sandwich!
- Produce: we’re piling this sandwich excessive with sliced pink onion, Honeycrisp apple, and zippy arugula.
- Pickled jalapeños: the kick of warmth from pickled jalapeños is simply *cooks kiss*.
- Sauce: I like so as to add sweetness and tang from honey and grainy dijon mustard.
- Cheese: can’t overlook that sharp cheddar cheese for scrumptious savory taste.
- Kettle chips: who doesn’t love chips on their sandwich?! I like including kettle potato chips for the final word crunch and salty chew.
Customise your sandwich
You’ll be able to really make this cheddar apple sandwich your individual with substances you might have available. Listed below are some nice methods to customise it:
- For the bread: as I discussed, be happy to make use of your favourite bread to make the sandwich. Hold it gluten free with a gluten free loaf, or be happy to wrap all of it up in your favourite tortilla or collard wrap!
- For the cheese: that is technically an apple cheddar sandwich, however you should utilize any cheese you’d like. I believe pepper jack would add the right further kick.
- For the chips: have enjoyable including in your favourite chips! I opted for normal kettle potato chips due to all the flavors occurring within the sandwich, however cheddar Solar Chips or a spicy potato chip can be scrumptious.
- For the sauce: not a mustard fan? Swap in some mayo (possibly a chipotle mayo?!) as an alternative! You may additionally use sizzling honey for extra warmth.
- For the produce: spinach can be an ideal swap for arugula, and I believe creamy avocado would make a beautiful addition. You’ll be able to, after all, use any kind of apple you’d like on this sandwich!
A straightforward vegan possibility
Be at liberty to make use of your favourite vegan cheese slice or just depart the cheese off of the sandwich. It can nonetheless be scrumptious!
Not a fan of spice?
No worries! Merely omit the pickled jalapeños. This may make the cheese and apple sandwich kid-friendly, too!
Add your fav proteins
You’ll be able to completely enhance protein or deplete some further meat out of your fridge for those who’d like! Be at liberty so as to add a number of slices of your favourite meat like honey or maple ham/turkey (or leftover pulled turkey or hen!)
I believe crispy bacon would even be a scrumptious addition.
Bonus: the perfect DIY sandwich bread
Feeling adventurous? Attempt my selfmade seedy sandwich bread recipe for and additional scrumptious baking mission! It toasts up fantastically and holds up nicely to all of those superb toppings.
One of the best apple cheese sandwich in 4 steps
- Toast your bread. I like to recommend broiling your bread within the oven for a few minutes till it’s good and golden brown.
- Soften the cheese. Flip the bread slices over, add your cheese to at least one slice, and broil once more for 1-2 minutes till the cheese is melted.
- Assemble the sandwich. Subsequent, prime the cheese facet with the pickled jalapeños, and add the mustard & honey to the opposite slice of bread. Then prime with the remainder of your sandwich substances.
- Press, slice & devour. Fastidiously shut the sandwich and press down barely to crunch the chips. Then slice and luxuriate in!
Extra sandwiches & wraps you’ll love
Get all of my sandwiches & wraps right here, and extra lunch concepts right here!
I hope you like this spicy cheddar apple sandwich! In case you make it make sure to depart a remark and a ranking so I understand how you preferred it. Take pleasure in, xo!
The Final Spicy Cheddar & Apple Fall Veggie Sandwich
The ULTIMATE spicy cheddar apple sandwich full of shiny veggies and trace of crunch from kettle potato chips. This excellent fall veggie sandwich is filled with taste and a kick of warmth from pickled jalapeños. The right satisfying lunch to make in the course of the week that is straightforward to customise together with your fav sandwich toppings!
of sourdough bread (or your favourite bread!)
sliced sharp cheddar cheese
grainy dijon mustard
skinny slices of pink onion
honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
kettle potato chips
Place each slices of bread on a small baking sheet and broil on excessive within the oven for 1-2 minutes, or till flippantly browned. (Watch fastidiously so it doesn’t burn!)
Take away the baking sheet from the oven and switch the sliced bread over. Cowl just one piece of bread with sliced cheddar cheese, then return the pan to the broiler for an additional 1-2 minutes, or till the cheese is melted.
Take away the pan from the oven and prime the melted cheese slice with pickled jalapeños. Unfold the plain slice of bread with dijon mustard, then drizzle on honey. High with apple slices, pink onion, arugula, and kettle chips.
Fastidiously shut the sandwich and gently press down till the chips crunch. Slice in half and luxuriate in!
Elective: to extend protein or for those who’d like to make use of up some further meat out of your fridge, be happy add a number of slices of your favourite meat, like honey or maple ham/turkey (or leftover pulled turkey or hen!)
See the total put up for extra scrumptious methods to customise your sandwich!
Servings: 1 serving
Serving measurement: 1 sandwich
Saturated fats: 6.4g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats