Fast, straightforward, and deliciously seasoned, this roasted cauliflower is the proper facet dish to go with any foremost. About 5 minutes of prep, and some easy seasonings–that is baked cauliflower the entire household will *really* love.
For extra cauliflower staples to like, take a look at my roasted cauliflower steaks and my complete roasted cauliflower.
Is Roasted Cauliflower Wholesome? Keto? Low Carb? Paleo?
Roasted cauliflower is about as wholesome because it will get. As you could know, cauliflower is excessive in nutritional vitamins and minerals, together with some antioxidants (extra on the well being advantages right here).
It’s additionally low in carbs and excessive in fiber, making it an awesome low carb vegetable for these following a keto or paleo consuming plan.
How Do You Clear and Put together Cauliflower?
In the event you’re quick on time, purchase a bag of cauliflower florets from the shop. If utilizing a complete head of cauliflower, comply with these steps to get it prepared for roasting:
take away inexperienced leaves
Step 1: Take away the outer leaves
Merely pull them from the bottom. This makes it simpler to seek out and slice the core.
Step 2: Slice in half
By the crown and the stem, this step makes it simpler to establish and slice the florets.
Step 3: Slice in half once more
Place cauliflower halves lower facet down, and slice by means of the middle a second time. It is best to now have 4 quarters.
Step 4: Take away the core
Minimize at an angle to take away the core from the middle of the cauliflower
Step 5: Pull cauliflower into florets
They need to collapse simply now that the core has been eliminated. I sometimes slice these florets into even items in order that they roast in the identical period of time.
Change up your baked cauliflower seasoning
Beneath you’ll see my fundamental seasoning combo for roasted cauliflower. It’s scrumptious, but not delicacies particular, so it will possibly work as a facet to all kinds of dishes. Be happy to substitute the spices to your favorites, listed here are some concepts:
- Mexican roasted cauliflower – Swap olive oil for veggie or avocado oil. Use some chili powder, oregano, and cumin. Serve with lime wedges, chopped cilantro, and perhaps some cotija!
- Lebanese roasted cauliflower – Add allspice and cinnamon to the seasoning, and serve with a facet of tahini dressing.
- Indian roasted cauliflower – Curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and ginger are all scrumptious Indian spices, be at liberty to make use of a mixture right here.
- Italian roasted cauliflower – Combine some Italian seasoning and garlic powder into the seasoning, and end with a sprinkle of parmesan (like my loopy addicting parmesan roasted broccoli).
Different Methods to Prepare dinner Cauliflower
Cauliflower is scrumptious cooked nearly each approach. We love grilled, air fried, and roasted cauliflower most. Right here’s a fundamental so you may determine your favourite technique:
- Learn how to grill cauliflower: Cauliflower is most simply grilled when lower into steaks, the florets will fall between the grates. Warmth grill to medium, grease grates, and grill, lined, till tender–ought to be about 5 minutes on both sides.
- Learn how to saute cauliflower: When sauteeing cauliflower, you’ll sometimes need to steam it till nearly tender first–I do that within the microwave with a splash of water for about 4 minutes. Then saute to crisp the surface in a pan with oil, till browned, about 2-3 minutes. (Psst–saute instances will range, however you are able to do this with any of your favourite roasted greens like roasted broccoli)
- Learn how to air fry cauliflower: Toss cauliflower in oil, then roast at 400 in your air fryer. Toss the cauliflower each 5 minutes to make sure a fair “fry”.
Are you able to roast frozen cauliflower?
You may, nonetheless, we a lot want the feel of contemporary cauliflower, as frozen cauliflower will sometimes be soggy. If you wish to check it out for your self, comply with the directions under, substituting contemporary cauliflower for frozen.
What to do with Leftover Roasted Cauliflower?
We like to reheat this roasted cauliflower and serve it as a facet or snack each time we’re craving veggies. However it’s additionally nice combined into all kinds of dishes, listed here are some concepts for you:
- Serve with a sauce as a snack or appetizer. Assume aioli, guacamole, something goes! I like doing this with a platter of roasted veggies–roasted broccolini and roasted onions are an awesome match.
- Combined right into a salad. It’s nice with veggies and meat over a mattress of greens. It’ll additionally prevent just a few steps if you wish to make a cauliflower potato salad.
- Use as a meat substitute in tacos, wraps, sandwiches, and so on. OR, buffalo cauliflower, cauliflower parmesan, you identify it.
- Mash it! Mashed cauliflower is a scrumptious substitute for starchy potatoes, whereas cauliflower hummus is a superb bean-free dip for veggies or chips. It’s also possible to mash it right into a sauce like dairy-free alfredo.
- Cube it, and toss it into veggie sides, assume tabbouleh, bean salads, or shirazi.
- Rice your cauliflower, and use it to make cauliflower risotto or Mexican cauliflower rice.
- Mix it right into a soup. Cauliflower cheese soup is a wintertime staple.
- Final however not least: pasta substitute. You’ve already roasted it, so it’s able to be tossed in your favourite sauce. Assume cauliflower mac and cheese, or cauliflower lasagna.
Drizzle oil and seasoning over cauliflower
Toss + unfold right into a single layer
Roasted cauliflower comes collectively simply and effortlessly by following the directions under. The most typical points come up when it’s overcrowded on the pan. Listed below are some troubleshooting solutions for you:
- Why does my roasted cauliflower get mushy? Overcrowding your pan will trigger the cauliflower to steam and get soggy, somewhat than roast and caramelize. At all times make certain there’s sufficient house across the florets. In the event you don’t have sufficient room in your baking sheet, divide the cauliflower on two separate pans! Utilizing an excessive amount of oil may trigger the cauliflower to grow to be soggy.
- Why is my roasted cauliflower robust? Robust cauliflower is undercooked. When baking cauliflower, your prepare dinner time will range relying on the dimensions of your florets. So it’s finest to make use of your judgment and pull the cauliflower as soon as it’s cooked to your required doneness. For this reason I like to chop the florets into even items.
- Why is my roasted cauliflower not crispy? Overcrowding your pan will stop the oil from caramelizing alongside the floor of the cauliflower. Additionally, not tossing the cauliflower nicely sufficient in oil can stop crisp edges.
- How lengthy is roasted cauliflower good for? We attempt to eat our roasted cauliflower inside 3-4 days of baking it.
Extra Roasted Cauliflower Recipes
- Cauliflower Stuffing
- Cauliflower Baked Ziti
- Cauliflower Pizza
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- Cauliflower Rice Casserole
Servings :4 servings
Prep Time5 minutes
Prepare dinner Time20 minutes
Preheat oven to 400 F. Choice to line a baking sheet with parchment paper for straightforward clear up.
Place florets within the heart of the baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with seasoning. Toss to evenly coat.
Unfold right into a single layer in your ready baking sheet, ensuring to not overcrowd the cauliflower (in case your cauliflower appears crowded, be at liberty to unfold them out onto a second baking sheet as nicely). Bake in preheated oven till cooked to your liking, about 20 minutes. Remember bake instances will range relying on the dimensions of your florets. Get pleasure from!
Charge this Recipe
Followers Additionally Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Learn how to lower a head of cauliflower into florets: Take away outer leaves. Slice the pinnacle of cauliflower by means of the middle. Then lower a second time by means of the middle for 4 quarters. Take away the core, then pull aside the florets.
- Even florets will roast finest! I sometimes slice the bigger florets in half to get the same-sized items for even roasting.
- Mushy cauliflower? That is mostly as a result of overcrowding your pan. Don’t be afraid to divide cauliflower onto 2 baking sheets.
- Robust cauliflower? It’s most likely underbaked. For this reason I like to chop the florets into evenly sized-pieces.
- Leftovers? Needs to be good within the fridge for 3-4 days.
Web Carbs: 0g
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/web site/weblog is strictly prohibited.
Customized associated posts –> oven roasted zucchini, roasted bell peppers, roasted eggplant, roasted butternut squash
« Spaghetti Squash Carbonara