Everybody’s favourite zesty hen meets everybody’s favourite pasta substitute on this buffalo hen spaghetti squash. Filled with ranch dressing, juicy hen, and Frank’s purple scorching for probably the most crave-able and comforting dinners. Did I point out these spaghetti squash boats come collectively in beneath 30?!
Is Buffalo Rooster Spaghetti Squash Wholesome? Keto? Paleo? Gluten Free?
Spaghetti squash is a particularly low calorie vegetable with a stunning quantity of fiber–utilizing it as a substitute of conventional spaghetti provides one other serving of greens to the menu, and hardly any carbs. That mentioned, this buffalo hen spaghetti squash makes use of ranch dressing, butter, and cheddar cheese, all of which can be off the menu relying in your targets…
- Keto + low carb – Completely! All substances used listed here are low carb and keto pleasant because of our low carb vegetable substitute for conventional pasta.
- Paleo – No, ranch dressing, butter, and cheese should not paleo substances. Be happy to make use of paleo swaps for these if you want!
- Gluten free- Yup! Due to spaghetti squash this dish is gluten free.
Ingredient For Buffalo Rooster Spaghetti Squash
We’ll basically stuff all the standard buffalo hen substances into spaghetti squash boats, and bake them along with additional cheese. What’s to not love?!
- Pasta – spaghetti squash is my private favourite pasta substitute. Try my suggestions under for getting it good.
- Rooster – any cooked and shredded or cubed hen will do right here. This is likely one of the uncommon events the place I used canned hen and find it irresistible (The one different case is for my canned hen salad).
- Sauce – a mixture of Frank’s purple scorching and ranch dressing is all you want. Frank’s is essential, because it has a scrumptious vinegar base and isn’t too spicy. You possibly can strive some other scorching sauce, simply realize it received’t be the identical.
- Toppings – cheddar cheese, blue cheese, and inexperienced onions.
Potential Ingredient Tweaks
Though we love this recipe as is, you’ll be able to tweak the substances barely for related outcomes. Listed here are a couple of methods so as to add your spin:
- Swap the noodles. Most veggie noodles will do right here–assume butternut squash noodles or zucchini noodles. Skip the shirataki noodles, they’re greatest in stir-fries.
- Add spice. Frank’s purple scorching isn’t very spicy. You need to use their spicy model, or add jalapenos or spicy seasoning.
- Extra protein? Improve the quantity of hen added, or substitute ranch dressing for Greek yogurt.
The right way to Slice and Prep Your Spaghetti Squash
Since we’re holding the spaghetti squash in “boat” kind, you’ll need to slice it instantly via the middle. Take into account that the stem is hard and onerous for many knives to get via. Listed here are some suggestions:
- Place a humid paper towel beneath your chopping board to forestall it from sliding.
- Place a kitchen towel over the squash so you’ll be able to extra simply grip it and hold it in place.
- If in case you have any hassle (which might occur in case your knife isn’t tremendous sharp, or in case your squash stem is additional agency), take away the highest of the spaghetti squash, together with the stem. Then slice your squash via the middle.
What to Serve With This Buffalo Rooster Casserole
A drizzle of ranch, with blue cheese crumbles and inexperienced onions are a should irrespective of the way you’re serving this buffalo hen spaghetti squash. That mentioned, it’s a fairly full meal by itself, particularly for these of us following a low carb consuming plan. If you wish to bulk it up, listed here are a couple of methods:
- Serve it with a aspect of toast, or baguette for an effective way to absorb the additional sauce.
- Use chips and serve it as a dip, virtually like this keto buffalo hen dip. If you happen to do that, chop up the noodles earlier than trying to dip.
Reheat, Storing, and Freezing Ideas
An additional benefit to this dish is the big amount it makes–it’s good for meal prep throughout busy weeks. Right here’s easy methods to maximize leftovers:
- To retailer: Retailer leftovers in your fridge individually from the recent inexperienced onion topping and blue cheese crumbles.
- To reheat: Reheat leftovers within the microwave, with a humid paper towel on high.
- To freeze? I don’t counsel freezing this buffalo hen spaghetti squash–squash is loaded with water. Whenever you reheat it from frozen, the sauce will get watered down.
Extra Buffalo Rooster Recipes
Buffalo Rooster Spaghetti Squash
Servings :8 servings
Preheat oven to 400 F, choice to line a baking sheet with parchment paper for simple cleanup.
Slice your squash in half, and take away the seeds utilizing a spoon. Place squash reduce aspect down on ready baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven till your squash shred simply with a fork, about 35 minutes. (psst–you do not need to overbake the squash, because the pasta will change into mushy).
As soon as the squash is finished cooking and funky sufficient to deal with, flake the flesh utilizing a fork and shred it into “spaghetti”. Add it to a big bowl. Place the spaghetti squash shells again on the baking sheet, reduce aspect up.
Add the hen, celery, half the inexperienced onions, ranch dressing, and Frank’s purple scorching, and toss to mix.
Fill spaghetti squash shells with mixed filling. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar, and bake in oven till the cheese is melted and the filling is heated via about 10-Quarter-hour. Sprinkle with remaining inexperienced onions and blue cheese crumbles earlier than serving, and luxuriate in!
Charge this Recipe
Followers Additionally Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Energy: 348kcalWhole Carbohydrates: 19gProtein: 30gFats: 17gSodium: 1254mgFiber: 4gSugar: 8gWeb Carbs: 15g
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/web site/weblog is strictly prohibited.
« The right way to Cook dinner Spaghetti Squash