Not solely is spaghetti squash an unbelievable pasta substitute, it’s additionally a painless solution to get extra veggies in your desk–no fancy kitchen instruments required. Right here’s all the things it’s worthwhile to know to like it; from tips on how to minimize, to tips on how to prepare dinner, plus a handful of spaghetti squash recipes nobody must be with out.
Is Spaghetti Squash Wholesome? Keto? Low Carb?
Spaghetti squash is suprisingly low in energy, but 1 cup accommodates 8% of the DV of fiber. So far as it’s carb depend goes, 1 cup of spaghetti squash has 6 grams of carbs, making it an important low carb vegetable so as to add your keto meal rotation.
Easy methods to Lower Spaghetti Squash
You’ll want a pointy knife and a thick chopping board for this agency veggie. I all the time place a humid paper towel below my chopping board to forestall it from slipping.
Easy methods to Lower Squash for Baking:
When baking spaghetti squash within the oven, you’ll need to minimize it in half. Right here’s how:
- Take away the highest and backside. The stem is tremendous thick, and is almost inconceivable to chop in to. Take away it first for simpler chopping.
- Slice in half. Place a flesh fringe of your squash down in your chopping board, and slice it in half by the middle. Slicing this manner prevents the squash from rolling as you attempt to slice it in half.
take away prime and backside
slice by the middle
If you wish to preserve the ends of the squash intact for a prettier image, slice the squash in half as fastidiously as potential by the middle. Putting a towel over the squash to maintain it in place might assist to forestall it from rolling as you slice.
Easy methods to Lower Squash for Microwaving:
You’ll need to preserve the squash entire, with the pores and skin pierced a number of instances. You’ll then slice it in half after it’s largely cooked, which is means simpler to do.
How do you Lower Spaghetti Squash for Lengthy Strands?
For longer strands minimize your squash into rings–this gives you tremendous lengthy, spaghetti type noodles. When roasting spaghetti squash rings, I like drizzle either side with olive oil, and bake for 25-Half-hour.
Easy methods to Take away the Spaghetti Squash Seeds:
These ought to come out simply with a steel spoon, simply scrape alongside the uncooked edge to loosen and discard. I discover that is best to do earlier than baking–as soon as the squash bakes, the flesh will fall off together with the seeds.
use a spoon to take away seeds
Easy methods to Bake Spaghetti Squash
Now that you simply’ve sliced and prepped, it’s time for the straightforward half: baking your spaghetti squash within the oven.
- Drizle the flesh of your squash with oil.
- Place minimize facet down on a baking sheet.
- Bake till the flesh is tender sufficient to flake with a fork.
drizzle with oil
place minimize facet down
bake till tender
How Lengthy Do You Bake Spaghetti Squash?
This may rely upon the dimensions of your squash and desired doneness. Take into account, overbaked squash might be mushy! Whereas underbaked could have a veggie like texture. We want our spaghetti squash a bit of al dente–simply take a look at to see what works for you!
Someplace between 35-45 minutes is often excellent. 35 for small squash, and 45 for bigger ones.
Easy methods to Cook dinner Spaghetti Squash within the Microwave
Microwaving squash is a simple solution to get noodles in minutes. Right here’s tips on how to prepare dinner spaghetti squash within the microwave:
- Pierce spaghetti squash with the tip of a pointy knife throughout.
- Microwave on excessive for five minutes.
- Use oven mits (might be scorching!) to flip the squash onto the opposite facet.
- Microwave for an additional 5 minutes for a small squash, and 6-7 minutes for a big.
- Permit squash to take a seat on the counter for five extra minutes earlier than slicing and shredding.
- How do you prepare dinner spaghetti squash so it isn’t mushy? Watch out to not overbake your squash, that is the simplest solution to make it mushy. Attempt flaking the squash with a fork periodically whereas it bakes–we like ours a bit of al dente.
- How lengthy will squash final? Retailer leftover spaghetti squash within the fridge, and be sure you eat it inside 3-4 days.
- Can I prepare dinner spaghetti squash entire? The best solution to preserve squash entire is to prepare dinner it within the microwave. You’ll need to pierce the pores and skin throughout to permit air to launch because it bakes.
Recipes Made with Spaghetti Squash
Easy methods to Cook dinner Spaghetti Squash
Servings :4 servings
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook dinner Time35 minutes
Whole Time40 minutes
Preheat oven to 400 F. Choice to line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for straightforward cleanup.
Take away the highest and backside of the spaghetti squash. Then minimize the squash by the middle. Use a spoon to scoop out and discard and seeds.
Drizzle the flesh of the squash with olive oil, and place them minimize facet down in your ready baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven till the flesh shreds into “spaghetti” simply with a fork. Bake instances will range relying on the dimensions of your squash–for a small squash, verify at Half-hour. For a big squash, round 45. We like a bit of al dente right here, slightly than mushy squash.
As soon as cool sufficient to deal with, flip the squash and flake it utilizing a fork into spaghetti noodles. Get pleasure from!
Charge this Recipe
Followers Additionally Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Energy: 75kcalWhole Carbohydrates: 17gProtein: 2gFats: 1gSodium: 41mgFiber: 4gSugar: 7gInternet Carbs: 13g
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/web site/weblog is strictly prohibited.
« Keto Rooster Noodle Soup