There’s a heat brussels sprouts saute equipment at Dealer Joe’s that I fell in love with a few years again. Have you ever tried it? It’s truthfully the PERFECT facet dish for nearly any meal, so I wished to do my finest to recreate one thing comparable for you!
This specific heat brussels sprouts salad with made with barely shredded or shaved brussels sprouts, parmesan cheese, a beautiful lemony dressing, bacon, dried cranberries (or dried cherries), and toasted hazelnuts. It solely takes about half-hour to make, and is ideal if you wish to prep all components forward of time after which throw it collectively at night time or proper earlier than you serve dinner for Thanksgiving! I hope you find it irresistible.
FREE Final Thanksgiving Information (+ printable guidelines!)
Whether or not you’re internet hosting or simply attending, this Final Thanksgiving Information e mail sequence is for everybody. Enter your e mail beneath to get all of my finest recipes, ideas, and a FREE printable guidelines for your whole Thanksgiving wants.
Heat brussels sprouts salad components
This straightforward, heat brussels sprouts salad with bacon is made with easy components and filled with scrumptious flavors. The parmesan cheese will get barely melted and wonderful whenever you add it to the brussels and also you’ll love the savory, nutty and tangy parts in each chew. Right here’s what you’ll must make it:
- For the dressing: you’ll want olive oil, lemon juice, pure maple syrup, dijon mustard, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Bacon: chopped crispy bacon provides a scrumptious savory taste to the brussels sprouts salad.
- Hazelnuts: I like the toasty, nutty taste that hazelnuts add to this salad. You may as well use pecans or marcona almonds.
- Brussels sprouts: the star of this festive salad!
- Parmesan cheese: add slightly additional salty, savory kick with shaved parmesan. Manchego would even be scrumptious in right here.
- Non-compulsory: I like including dried fruit like cranberries, cherries or dried blueberries for slightly sweetness to steadiness out the savory flavors. Apple slices would even be fabulous!
How one can make heat brussels sprouts salad with bacon
- Make the dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk collectively all the dressing components, then set the dressing apart.
- Toast the hazelnuts. Place a big skillet over medium low warmth. Add in hazelnuts and toast for 2-3 minutes till good and golden and aromatic. Take away from the pan and put aside.
- Prepare dinner the bacon. Add bacon to a big skillet or pan and place over medium warmth, prepare dinner bacon on either side till crispy and golden brown. As soon as the bacon is finished, blot it with a paper towel to soak up extra grease, then it chop into chew sized items.
- Prepare dinner the brussels sprouts. Add olive oil to the identical giant skillet and switch up the warmth to medium excessive. Stir in brussels sprouts and saute for a couple of minutes till they begin to grow to be barely golden brown and crispy.
- Assemble the salad. Flip warmth to low and add within the dressing, parmesan cheese and bacon; saute for a number of extra minutes so the cheese melts then serve instantly. Garnish with additional bacon, hazelnuts and shaved parmesan and serve!
Ideas for making this heat brussels salad
- Style & modify your dressing. I recommend beginning with simply 1 teaspoon of maple syrup to steadiness the tanginess of the dressing however be happy so as to add a bit extra should you like.
- Use your meals processor for ease. Shred your brussels sprouts simply proper in your meals processor! Simply pulse them a bit to get small & medium items.
- Don’t overcook your brussels sprouts. When you add them to the pan prepare dinner them till they flip barely golden brown. This can make sure that they don’t get too mushy.
- Toast your nuts fastidiously. Whether or not you’re utilizing hazelnuts, pecans, or marcona almonds, toast them simply till they begin to grow to be aromatic so that you simply don’t burn them. It’s finest to do that over medium low warmth.
Customise this heat brussels salad
- Make it a full meal by including additional protein from chickpeas or rooster breast.
- Make it vegetarian by omitting the bacon, or make it vegan by omitting the bacon and parmesan cheese.
- Serve it chilly by merely skipping step 4 and including the dressing, parmesan cheese, cooked bacon and hazelnuts straight to your uncooked brussels sprouts! It could nonetheless be scrumptious.
How one can retailer heat brussels sprouts salad
Retailer this heat brussels salad within the fridge for as much as 4-5 days. Be at liberty to benefit from the salad chilly or reheat it in a skillet or within the microwave for a bit.
Make it forward of time
When you can fully make and retailer this heat brussels sprouts salad forward of time utilizing the storing directions above, I like to recommend merely making the dressing and chopping up your brussels sprouts & nuts to prepare dinner the day of. You possibly can additionally precook and cube up your bacon should you’d like, and heat it up with the brussels sprouts the following day!
What to pair with this heat brussels sprouts salad
Try all of my Thanksgiving recipes right here, plus a number of strategies on what to pair with this heat brussels sprouts salad:
And keep in mind, be taught precisely host Thanksgiving right here!
I hope you like this scrumptious heat brussels sprouts salad! In case you make it you’ll want to go away a remark & a ranking so I understand how you preferred it. Take pleasure in, xo!
Heat Brussels Sprouts Salad
Lovely heat brussels sprouts salad tossed with crispy bacon, toasted hazelnuts and a light-weight lemon dressing. This cozy twist on a traditional shredded brussels sprouts salad is filled with taste and makes an exquisite lunch or vacation facet dish!
- For the dressing:
contemporary lemon juice
pure maple syrup
- Freshly floor black pepper
- For the brussels sprouts salad:
uncooked hazelnuts, chopped (uncooked pecans or marcona almonds would even be nice choices)
brussels, washed, stems eliminated, and roughly chopped/shredded
shaved parmesan cheese
- Non-compulsory: ⅓ cup dried cranberries or dried cherries or dried blueberries (my fav!)
First make the dressing: in a medium bowl, whisk collectively the olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, dijon, garlic, salt and pepper. Put aside.
Place a big skillet over medium low warmth. Add in hazelnuts and toast for 2-3 minutes till good and golden and aromatic. Take away from the pan and put aside.
Prepare dinner the bacon: add bacon to a big skillet or pan and place over medium warmth, prepare dinner bacon on either side till crispy and golden brown. If the pan begins to smoke at any level, merely decrease the warmth. I at all times prepare dinner my bacon on medium low warmth. As soon as bacon is finished, blot with a paper towel to soak up extra grease, then chop into chew sized items.
Add olive oil to the identical giant skillet and switch up the warmth to medium excessive. Stir in brussels sprouts and saute for a couple of minutes till they begin to grow to be barely golden brown. Flip warmth to low and add within the dressing, parmesan cheese and bacon; saute for a number of extra minutes so the cheese melts then serve instantly. Serves 4-6. Garnish with additional bacon, hazelnuts and shaved parmesan.
To retailer: Retailer this heat brussels salad within the fridge for as much as 4-5 days. Be at liberty to benefit from the salad chilly or reheat it in a skillet or within the microwave for a bit.
See the total submit for ideas, customizations, and methods to prep this salad forward of time!
Servings: 6 servings
Serving dimension: 1 serving (primarily based on 6)
Saturated fats: 4.2g
This submit was initially printed on November twelfth 2020, and republished on November third, 2022.
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats