The trick to completely roasted broccoli each time? Excessive warmth, good olive oil, and evenly sliced florets for crispy edges and a mushy inside. Each. Time. We love this aspect a lot, we eat it like sweet. 5 minutes of labor are all you could begin loving this veggie.
Already love broccoli? Attempt my roasted broccolini or my parmesan roasted broccoli.
Is roasted broccoli wholesome?
Some cooking strategies scale back the accessible vitamins in greens, resembling water-based cooking like boiling or poaching. That mentioned, when roasting greens, vitamin C loss is minimal (extra right here), which is among the many the explanation why we love roasted broccoli.
There are 6 g carbs in 1 cup of broccoli, making it an important low carb vegetable for these on a keto or low carb consuming plan.
Roasted Broccoli Ingredient Notes
This roasted broccoli comes along with simply 4 elements, together with salt and pepper–I do know that won’t sound like sufficient so as to add taste, however belief me. The key to loving this inexperienced is the carmelized edges, that are straightforward to realize with the right roast and olive oil.
- Contemporary vs. frozen broccoli – I strongly suggest utilizing contemporary. You need to use frozen broccoli, nonetheless, your roasted broccoli will prove mushy, and it’ll be onerous to realize the much-desired crispy edges.
- Complete broccoli vs. florets – No desire right here, solely that you simply reduce your florets into even items earlier than roasting.
- Easy vs. fancy seasoning – Roasted broccoli doesn’t want fancy seasoning to be scrumptious. We love a easy sprinkle of salt and pepper, however be happy to get as fancy as you want! Paprika, garlic powder, and so on.
Modifications and Upgrades
As scrumptious as this easy roasted broccoli with garlic is, typically you need just a little one thing completely different. Right here’s simply, and efficiently add your personal spin:
- Spice – Add purple pepper flakes.
- Cheese – Add cotija or parmesan to complete. Or cheddar at the beginning.
- Crunch – toss panko in a little bit of oil and sprinkle on prime.
- Extra veggies – take into account mixing in different roasted greens, resembling potatoes, carrots, roasted cauliflower, roasted butternut squash, or roasted brussel sprouts.
Tips on how to Roast Broccoli
The excessive warmth of your oven is the way you’ll get these scrumptious caramelized edges. Right here’s roast broccoli in 4 straightforward steps:
- Slice your broccoli into even items.
- Toss it in oil and seasoning.
- Unfold it onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven.
take away the stem
slice into florets
reduce florets into even items
How Lengthy Do You Roast Broccoli?
Not lengthy sufficient and your broccoli can be agency within the middle. Too lengthy, and people delicate leaves will burn. The period of time you roast your broccoli will rely on the dimensions of your florets, between 17-22 minutes is excellent.
Tips on how to Get Crispy Roasted Broccoli Ideas
Though oven baked broccoli is extremely straightforward to make, there are a number of steps that’re straightforward to miss. Right here’s what it is best to at all times do:
- Even items – Be certain that your florets are reduce into even items for constant baking.
- Totally dry your florets to make sure the oil and seasoning stick, and your florets crisp.
- Don’t overcrowd your pan – Remember to give your broccoli sufficient area to roast, overcrowding your pan will trigger veggies to steam.
Extra Makes use of for Roasted Broccoli
Clearly baked broccoli makes an unbelievable aspect dish. However when you’re in search of extra methods to make use of up leftovers, listed here are some concepts for you:
- Scrambled eggs, omelets, egg muffins, and even crustless quiche.
- Salad topping, together with different veggies like roasted onions.
- Improve your onion and bell peppers with broccoli for a fajita combine in.
- Add to soup, keto broccoli cheese soup with roasted broccoli can be superb.
- Combine right into a stir fry.
- Flip into rice, try my broccoli rice for a how-to.
- Stuff your rooster breast with leftover roasted broccoli–try my broccoli and cheese stuffed rooster to see how.
Extra Vegetable Sides
Servings :4 servings
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook dinner Time17 minutes
Preheat oven to 400 F. Choice to line a baking sheet with parchment paper for simple cleanup.
Place broccoli on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Toss to evenly coat, then unfold broccoli in a single layer in your baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake in preheated oven till the florets are brown across the edges and the stems are mushy. Take pleasure in!
Fee this Recipe
Followers Additionally Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Internet Carbs: 0g
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/web site/weblog is strictly prohibited.
« Buffalo Hen Spaghetti Squash