Golden, flaky dough wrapped round heat, oozing brie with a middle of butter sauteed apples, bathe of toasted pecans, and drizzle of honey—if that description of Brie En Croute with Apples and Pecans didn’t simply promote you, then its ease of prep and crowd-captivating standing will!
This recipe is sponsored by ALDI.
It’s a legislation of social gathering that it doesn’t matter what different appetizers you set out for a celebration, the baked brie would be the first demolished.
Fortuitously for the busy host(ess), baked brie is make-ahead pleasant, saving you stress on an already busy prep day (for instance, I’ll make a double batch of those Brie Bites, then preserve half within the freezer and bake them proper earlier than visitors arrive).
From deciding the menu to time administration (each of which this simple baked brie en croute helps remedy!), internet hosting vacation dinners is worrying.
One of many greatest ache factors is price range.
That’s why this vacation season, I’m excited to be working with ALDI once more, the place yow will discover high quality merchandise at a lower cost level.
This 12 months is particularly thrilling as a result of ALDI is doing a “Thanksgiving Rewind.” The costs for a lot of Thanksgiving favorites like apps, sides, and desserts have been dialed again all the best way to 2019*!
Retro has by no means appeared so good.
From produce to baking necessities to drinks, yow will discover the whole lot you want for Thanksgiving at ALDI and save within the course of!
This baked brie en croute is made solely with ALDI elements. My associates cherished it.
The gala apples and Southern Grove Chopped Pecans had been each “rewind” merchandise (2019 pricing), and I additionally saved on the opposite gadgets I bought at ALDI, just like the crescent rolls used to wrap the brie and the baguette for serving it.
Make Baked Brie En Croute
Of all of the methods to serve brie, baked brie en croute is probably the most show-stopping of all of them.
En croute means “in pastry.”
It refers back to the methodology of wrapping the brie in a layered pastry dough, then baking it till the pastry is golden and flaky and the brie is heat and oozy inside.
From there, you possibly can add a wide range of different elements to differ it up (brie en croute with fig jam is standard, for instance).
For the overall W-O-W package deal that the vacations deserve, nonetheless, this apple honey pecan model of brie en croute is spectacular.
I served our brie en croute with toasted baguette slices and apple slices, however by the top, we had been going at it immediately with forks (and okay, you caught me—with our fingers too!).
- Emporium Choice Brie Cheese Spherical. Wealthy and buttery, brie is the last word crowd-pleasing cheese. As soon as baked, it turns ooey-gooey and completely spreadable.
- Bake Home Creations Crescent Rolls. Utilizing ready crescent roll dough makes this recipe fast and simple (it’s scrumptious too!).
- Specifically Chosen Uncooked Honey. Naturally sweetens the brie en croute. Plus, honey tastes great with apples and pecans.
- Southern Grove Chopped Pecans. Buttery pecans add crunch and nuttiness to the dish.
- Gala Apples. Candy, juicy apple chunks style delicious with the gooey brie cheese and crunchy pecans.
- Stonemill Floor Sage. Provides earthiness and heat to the apple combination.
- Egg. Egg and water create an egg wash that helps the crescent roll dough change into crisp on the surface.
- Sauté the apples with honey and butter. Let cool.
- Toast the pecans. Slice the brie in half horizontally.
- Unfold one of many brie slices with half of the apples.
- Add half of the pecans.
- Lay the opposite brie half on high, sliced aspect down.
- Unroll the dough and pinch the seams to create two massive squares.
- Place the brie within the middle of one of many squares.
- Drape the second sq. over the brie.
- Pull the corners of the underside sq. up and over the brie to wrap it.
- Brush with eggwash. Bake brie en croute for about 25 minutes at 350 levels F, rotating 180 levels midway by means of. Let it relaxation for 10 minutes earlier than serving. Serve the baked brie en croute with apples, honey, and pecans on high. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Refrigerate leftovers in an hermetic storage container for as much as 1 day.
- To Reheat. Rewarm brie in a baking dish within the oven at 350 levels F.
Meal Prep Tip
You may put together this baked brie en croute as much as 2 weeks prematurely. Assemble the pastry with the apples and brie as directed, however don’t add the egg wash. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then freeze it for as much as 1 month. Whenever you’re able to bake, unwrap and place it (nonetheless frozen) on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with the egg wash and bake at 350 levels F till the brie is sizzling and the pastry is golden, about 45 to 50 minutes.
What to Serve with Baked Brie En Croute
- Specifically Chosen Baguette. Toasted or untoasted, baguette slices are all the time a success with baked brie.
- Crackers. One other pairing that’s sure to please.
- Apple Slices. Crisp, juicy, candy apple slices will pair completely with this appetizer.
- Southern Grove Chopped Pecans. Serve this baked brie with just a few further pecans for an added crunch.
- Apricots. Dried fruit like apricots tastes great with baked brie.
- Jam. For individuals who get pleasure from a bit further sweetness, serving jam alongside the brie is right. Fig jam could be delicious!
- Pretzel Crisps. Sturdy and salty, these are an important addition or various to conventional crackers.
- Roasted Garlic. Candy Roasted Garlic could be scrumptious with this appetizer.
- Appleton Farms Prosciutto. Take pleasure in this baked brie with some candy and salty prosciutto.
Did you make this recipe?
Depart a ranking under within the feedback and let me know the way you favored the recipe.
En croute all the best way!
Continuously Requested Questions
Do I Trim the Rind off of Brie Earlier than Baking?
The rind of brie is delicate and completely edible. When you can trim it for a cheeseboard in the event you like, for baked brie, go away it on to assist the wheel maintain collectively.
How Can I Use Leftover Brie En Croute?
Scoop out a few of the leftover brie, apples, and pecans, then use them for a really scrumptious grilled cheese. Or, you possibly can cube up your complete brie en croute and add it to a salad (Beet Salad or Winter Salad could be tasty choices).
Can I Swap the Apples for One thing Else?
If you happen to can’t discover apples or choose to make use of a unique fruit, you possibly can swap them for pears as an alternative.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 medium Gala apples peeled and reduce into ½-inch cube
- 1 tablespoon Specifically Chosen Uncooked Honey plus further for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch Stonemill Floor Sage
- 1 (8-ounce) wheel Emporium Choice Brie Cheese Spherical chilly from the fridge
- 1 can Bake Home Creations Crescent Roll Dough
- 1 massive egg overwhelmed with 2 teaspoons water to create an egg wash
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped Southern Grove Chopped Pecans
- Crackers or Specifically Chosen Baguette slices, toasted for serving (or simply eat it with a fork)
In a medium saucepan, soften the butter over medium warmth. Add the apples, honey, salt, and sage. Prepare dinner, stirring often, till the apples soften and many of the liquid has cooked away, about 8 to 10 minutes. Take away from the warmth and let cool for quarter-hour.
When able to bake, preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Unfold the pecans onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place within the oven and toast the pecans till they’re darkened and aromatic (watch fastidiously so they don’t burn!), about 6 to eight minutes. Take away the pan from the oven and instantly switch the pecans to a small bowl or plate. Shake any pecan mud off the paper and return it to the pan (no want to scrub it), then line it with parchment paper and preserve useful.
With a pointy knife, reduce the brie in half horizontally by means of its middle. Carry off the highest and set it apart with the rind-side down and the gooey, cut-side up.
Evenly unfold one of many reduce sides with about 1/2 cup of the sauteed apples.
Sprinkle with half of the pecans.
Place the opposite half of the brie again on high, sliced aspect down so that you create a bit brie sandwich.
Unroll the crescent dough and gently separate a seam such that you’ve 2 massive, evenly sized squares. Pinch the interior seams of every sq. collectively. If any holes kind, gently pinch them closed (don’t fret if there are just a few small ones; you will have one other likelihood at them).
Set the brie within the middle of 1 sq..
Place the second sq. on high of the brie. A few of the dough will overlap.
Carry one nook of the backside sq. up and excessive, then press gently to adhere. Working in a circle, elevate up the subsequent nook, pleating as you go. Proceed all the best way round till the brie is totally wrapped. Pinch collectively any holes. If at any level, the dough turns into tough to deal with, pop it into the fridge for a couple of minutes. (At this level, you possibly can refrigerate or freeze it to bake later). Switch to the parchment-lined baking sheet and brush the highest and sides throughout with egg wash. If desired, use your dough scraps to brighten the highest, then brush the scraps with egg wash (have enjoyable with it! We’ll be including apples on high later anyway, so do not stress).
Switch to the parchment-lined baking sheet and brush the highest and sides throughout with egg wash.
Bake the brie till the pastry is golden throughout and crisp, about 25 minutes, rotating 180 levels midway by means of. Let it relaxation for 10 minutes (it is arduous to attend, however in the event you do not the cheese will fully run in every single place). Switch to a serving plate. Prime with the remaining apples. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with the remaining pecans. Slice and luxuriate in with crackers and/or baguette slices.
- TO MAKE AHEAD: You may put together this baked brie en croute as much as 2 weeks prematurely. Assemble the pastry with the apples and brie as directed, however don’t add the egg wash. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then freeze it for as much as 1 month. Whenever you’re able to bake, unwrap the pastry and place it (nonetheless frozen) on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with the egg wash, and bake at 350 levels F till the brie is sizzling and the pastry is golden, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate leftovers in an hermetic storage container for as much as 1 day.
- TO REHEAT: Rewarm brie in a baking dish within the oven at 350 levels F.
Serving: 1(of 8)Energy: 278kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 8gFats: 19gSaturated Fats: 9gPolyunsaturated Fats: 3gMonounsaturated Fats: 6gTrans Fats: 0.1gLdl cholesterol: 55mgPotassium: 121mgFiber: 2gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 272IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 62mgIron: 1mg
Be part of immediately and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.
Extra Scrumptious Vacation Appetizers
View all recipes
*2019 Thanksgiving Worth Rewind on choose ALDI merchandise primarily based on common retail at ALDI from November 2–29, 2019. Out there in retailer and on-line from November 2-19, 2022. Taxes and on-line and supply charges not included. Merchandise with lowered costs are marked with the Thanksgiving Worth Rewind icon. Costs for different Thanksgiving-related merchandise could also be larger than 2019 costs at ALDI. Wine and beer accessible at choose ALDI shops.
This put up is sponsored by ALDI. As all the time, all opinions are my very own. Thanks a lot for supporting the manufacturers and firms who help Properly Plated and make it doable for me to proceed to create top quality content material for you! For recipe inspiration and to study extra, go to ALDI’s weblog, Fb, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram.