This scrumptious Cranberry Apple Crumble is low in sugar and gluten-free, and it’s good for a festive dessert with out added sugar.
PIN Cranberry Apple Crumble to attempt it later!
We’re approaching the time of 12 months when candy treats are in all places you look, and attempting to keep away from them typically appears like a hopeless trigger. I’m guessing that everybody who’s usually a carb-conscious eater indulges in sweets a bit extra throughout the holidays. (Please inform me I’m not the one one!)
However what may also help make the cravings for vacation sweets much less damaging is making candy treats which are decrease in sugar and filled with wholesome elements, and this Cranberry Apple Crumble has no added sugar, and it’s gluten-free and fewer candy and extra nutritious than a lot of the belongings you see this time of 12 months.
I first made this as a spin-off from the Low Sugar Pumpkin Apple Crumble I like a lot, and this model with apples and cranberries was simply pretty much as good. And this may be a enjoyable dessert to serve throughout the holidays.
Get new recipes through e mail:
What elements do you want?
What makes this recipe a more healthy dessert?
In fact apples have some pure sugar, however this recipe makes use of Monkfruit Sweetener, which is a pure no-calorie sweetener. I exploit coconut oil as a substitute of butter, and though there should not an enormous quantity of dried cranberries, I want reduced-sugar dried cranberries. And as a substitute of the flour that’s conventional in any such dessert, my recipe makes use of almond flour.
Can you utilize Golden Monkfruit Sweetener for this recipe?
I’m a fan of each Traditional Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate hyperlink and Golden Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate hyperlink), and both can be utilized for this recipe.
Would you like contemporary cranberries?
There’s additionally a low-sugar recipe on the weblog for Cranberry Apple Crisp, which is analogous to this one however that recipe makes use of contemporary cranberries.
The right way to make Low-Sugar Gluten-Free Cranberry Apple Crumble:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps. Scroll all the way down to get the whole printable recipe with dietary info.)
- I used a mixture of pink and inexperienced apples for finest taste.
- Warmth butter or coconut oil over low warmth and add the apples as you peel and slice them.
- When all apples are added to the pan add the Monkfruit sweetener (or sweetener of your selection), cinnamon, and apple pie spice (if utilizing) and cook dinner a couple of minutes
- Then add dried cranberries and cook dinner a couple of minutes extra.
- I initially used butter on this recipe, however this time we melted coconut oil to make use of for the crumble topping.
- Grind the oatmeal in a meals processor (affiliate hyperlink), then add the almond flour and sweetener and pulse once more.
- Add the melted coconut oil and pulse a couple of extra occasions.
- Put the slightly-cooked apples and cranberries right into a baking dish and unfold the crumble topping over.
- Bake about half-hour, or till the combination is barely effervescent and beginning to brown on high.
- Serve scorching, topped with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Extra Low-Sugar or Sugar-Free Desserts:
- 8 massive apples (any kind of cooking apple will work; I like a mixture of pink and inexperienced apples)
- 2 tsp. coconut oil (see notes)
- 1/3 cup Monkfruit Sweetener (see notes)
- 1 tsp. floor cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. apple pie spice (optionally available)
- 1/4 C dried cranberries or reduced-sugar dried cranberries
Crumble Topping Substances:
- 1 C Gluten-Free Rolled Oats (see notes)
- 1/3 C almond flour
- 1/3 C Monkfruit Sweetener or sweetener of your selection
- 3 T melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Spray a glass or crockery baking dish (about 9″ x 13″ dimension) evenly with coconut oil or non-stick spray.
- Soften 2 tsp. coconut oil, butter, or trans-fat free margarine in massive non-stick frying pan turned to very low warmth.
- Peel apples separately, reduce into slices and place in frying pan.
- When all apples are in pan, add sweetener, cinnamon, and apple pie spice (if utilizing).
- Cook dinner a couple of minutes, and when apples are beginning to soften add dried cranberries and cook dinner a couple of minutes extra.
- Whereas apple combination cooks, put oatmeal into meals processor or the bowl of an immersion blender and course of about 30 seconds, simply till oatmeal is beginning to be finely floor.
- Add almond meal and different 1/3 cup sweetener and pulse to mix.
- Soften the coconut oil, butter, or margarine, add to the meals processor, and pulse a couple of seconds to mix.
- Pour cooked apple combination into the underside of a 9 X 13 inch crockery or glass casserole dish. (In the event you solely have a metallic pan, I’d spray it very properly with non-stick spray.)
- Sprinkle the crumble combination excessive of apples in an excellent layer.
- Bake half-hour, or till the combination is barely effervescent and evenly browned on high.
- Serve scorching.
- This is able to be nice with whipped cream or ice cream on high.
I might make this with Monkfruit Sweetener or Golden Monkfruit Sweetener, however use any no-calorie sweetener of your selection.
Use butter as a substitute of coconut oil should you want.
Grind the oatmeal in a meals processor or bowl attachment of immersion blender; be sure you use Gluten-Free rolled oats if wanted. Most shops promote Almond Flour (affiliate hyperlink), and I purchase it at Costco!
Dietary info is calculated utilizing Monkfruit sweetener and reduced-sugar dried cranberries.
Recipe tailored from Low Sugar Pumpkin Apple Crumble.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 235Whole Fats: 9.4gSaturated Fats: 5.5gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 3.1gLdl cholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 8gSugar: 22.5gProtein: 3g
Vitamin info is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Did you make this recipe?
Low-Carb Food plan / Low-Glycemic Food plan / South Seaside Food plan Solutions:
Cranberry Apple Crumble does have pure sugar from the apples and dried cranberries, so it might by no means be utterly sugar-free. You could possibly make this decrease in carbs by omitting the dried cranberries should you want. For the unique South Seaside Food plan, even with an permitted sweetener (and utilizing coconut oil or trans-fat free margarine as South Seaside would suggest) it’s in all probability finest for section 3, or an occasional deal with for section two.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Desserts and Baking Recipes to search out extra recipes like this one. Use the Food plan Sort Index to search out recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may additionally wish to observe Meals The Meals on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
Cranberry Apple Crumble was first posted in 2008. It was up to date with higher images and directions in December 2015, and final up to date with extra info in 2022.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.