Tacky, garlicky, and really easy to make, this stuffed spaghetti squash is the place well being meals meets consolation meals, with none compromise. In beneath half-hour, this baked spaghetti squash will present you ways straightforward it’s to like pasta (once more), whereas sneaking in an additional serving of veggies.
Is spaghetti squash wholesome? Is it higher for you than pasta?
Spaghetti squash is low in energy and carbs, but excessive in fiber. It’s an important pasta different for these decreasing their carbs or who’re gluten free or paleo. It’s additionally a simple technique to sneak in an additional serving of veggies.
How do You Lower and Bake Spaghetti Squash?
Slicing by means of the thick and agency spaghetti squash stem might be tough. When you’re struggling to get by means of it, listed below are a number of methods to make it simpler:
- Take away the stem. Take away the highest of the squash, together with the stem, then slice by means of the middle.
- Microwave first. Puncture your squash throughout with a fork, then microwave for five minutes to melt. This can make the stem simpler to slice by means of.
- Skip the stem. Slice in half on one facet of the stem, so that you don’t have to chop by means of the stem.
As soon as sliced, take away the seeds, the place the sliced squash reduce facet down on a baking sheet. Bake till your squash is simple to shred with a fork.
take away prime to chop by means of the stem extra simply
bake reduce facet down
shred with a fork
Methods to Make Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
The toughest step to creating stuffed spaghetti squash is prepping your boats. After that, simply combine, sprinkle and bake!
1. Combine your panko/pork rind and parmesan topping.
2. Mix the shredded squash with mozzarella and salt.
3. Stuff your squash boats with spaghetti squash.
4. Sprinkle with the topping.
5. Bake in preheated oven till the highest is crispy and golden.
Baked Spaghetti Squash Professional Ideas
Though spaghetti squash is simple to make, it’s additionally straightforward to over/beneath cook dinner once you’re first getting began. Right here’s get good al dente noodles:
- Ought to spaghetti squash be tender or crunchy? We favor a slight crunchy vs. mushy–they’ll maintain up higher in sauce, and provide you with extra of a spaghetti-like expertise. Al dente noodles are particularly vital in case you plan to reheat leftovers.
- How do you retain spaghetti squash from being mushy? When baking, examine your squash ceaselessly, and don’t overcook it. Take away it from the oven when the squash is simply tender sufficient to not style like a uncooked vegetable. Whilst you’re ready for the squash to chill, flip it so it’s reduce facet up, in any other case the warmth will proceed to cook dinner and soften your noodles.
- Are you able to freeze stuffed spaghetti squash? You’ll be able to, nonetheless, spaghetti squash is loaded with water. Reheating it from frozen is a certain technique to obtain mushy spaghetti squash.
- Methods to reheat stuffed spaghetti squash? I prefer to reheat this stuffed spaghetti squash within the oven to re-crisp the panko on prime. You’ll be able to reheat it within the microwave, however the topping received’t be as crisp.
Substitutions + Tweaks
As scrumptious as this recipe is, there are many methods so as to add your spin. From mixing in a little bit spice to including protein. Right here’s how one can make stuffed spaghetti squash to your style:
- Amp up the herbs, assume basil, or rosemary.
- Add some (cooked) protein, similar to shredded rooster, mozzarella stuffed meatballs, shrimp, floor turkey or sausage. Or preserve this a veggie stuffed spaghetti squash and blend in some sauteed mushrooms.
- Possibly a special cheese? Attempt white cheddar, pepper jack, or no matter you’re feeling.
- Combine in a little bit sauce – cut back the quantity of cheese, and add some sauce, assume spaghetti squash alfredo or attempt some keto spaghetti sauce.
- Add some warmth with pink pepper flakes.
On the lookout for different noodle alternate options?
Spaghetti squash is my favourite veggie noodle, however there are a great deal of alternate options to attempt, all of which might work right here. Take a look at my butternut squash noodles or zucchini noodles–if utilizing both of those, you’ll want a casserole dish and to scale back the bake time.
I wouldn’t use shirataki noodles right here, these are greatest in Asian impressed dishes.
Extra Pasta Options
- Cauliflower Lasagna
- Shrimp Carbonara
- Zucchini Lasagna
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Cabbage Lasagna
Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Servings :6 servings
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook dinner Time35 minutes
Complete Time45 minutes
Preheat oven to 400 F. Choice to line a baking sheet with parchment paper for straightforward cleanup.
Slice spaghetti squash in half (see ideas beneath) and use a spoon to take away and discard the seeds. Place squash reduce facet down on ready baking sheet and bake in preheated oven till the squash shreds simply with a fork, 35-45 minutes relying on the scale of your squash (do not overcook, your noodles will change into mushy!).
In a small bowl, mix the parmesan, panko, or crushed pork rinds, garlic, thyme, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Put aside.
As soon as spaghetti squash is cool sufficient to deal with, shred with a fork into spaghetti “noodles”. Mix squash with the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt and mozzarella–you are able to do this within the spaghetti squash boats to avoid wasting dishes, though I discover it is best to do in a big bowl. Place squash again within the boats and flatten the highest. Sprinkle with an excellent layer of the parmesan combo. Return boats to rimmed baking sheet and bake within the oven till the highest is golden about 15-20 minutes.
Price this Recipe
Followers Additionally Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Having bother slicing the squash? You’ll be able to both:
- Microwave it. Hold the squash entire, poke it with a fork throughout, and microwave on excessive for five minutes. Flip, and microwave on excessive once more for five minutes. Permit it to take a seat and “steam” for five extra minutes earlier than slicing.
- Slice off the stem. Your boat wont be as fairly, however it is going to be simpler to chop.
- Microwave for five, slice in half, then end within the oven. Take a look at your squash after 20 minutes to see if it’s cooked sufficient.
- Low carb/keto – use crushed pork rinds as an alternative of panko. To crush the pork rinds, place them in a plastic bag, and seal the highest. Hit the bag with a rolling pin till panko sized.
Energy: 329kcalComplete Carbohydrates: 17gProtein: 20gFats: 21gSodium: 1268mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gInternet Carbs: 14g
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/web site/weblog is strictly prohibited.