Roasted Brussels with Avocados and Pecans take already-amazing roasted Brussels Sprouts to an entire new degree, and that is such a enjoyable concept!
PIN Brussels Sprouts with Avocados and Pecans to attempt it later!
For years I wasn’t a Brussels sprouts fan, after which I attempted these roasted Brussels sprouts. Roasting them provides the Brussels sprouts a tremendous nutty taste. Since then I’ve made two extra variations of roasted Brussels sprouts, each equally scrumptious.
So after I noticed an concept for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Avocados and Pecans, I couldn’t get that taste mixture out of my thoughts. In fact I needed to put my very own spin on it.
I elevated the ratio of avocado to Brussels Sprouts, as a result of in spite of everything, it is a recipe to make for an important day. I additionally modified the preparation methodology fairly a bit to make this a Thanksgiving-friendly dish; for my model you possibly can prepare dinner the Brussels Sprouts in a highly regarded oven after you are taking out the turkey.
For anybody who likes Brussels Sprouts, avocado, and pecans, this recipe is a must-try, and I’ve just lately improved the images to entice you to do this. In actual fact, don’t wait till Thanksgiving to attempt it; you possibly can thank me later.
Get new recipes by way of electronic mail:
What components do you want for this recipe?
What makes this recipe good for a vacation meal?
Not solely is the mix of roasted Brussels Sprouts, avocado, and pecans such an excellent concept, however this recipe cooks the Brussels Sprouts shortly at excessive warmth when you’re getting the remainder of the meal on the desk. (You’ll want to watch them, and alter the cooking time in case your oven cooks a bit sizzling.) You possibly can minimize up the Brussels Sprouts the day earlier than and hold them within the fridge.
Extra Low-Carb Brussels Sprouts?
Try Keto Brussels Sprouts Recipes for extra scrumptious concepts for holiday-worthy Brussels Sprouts!
Need extra Low-Carb Thanksgiving Concepts?
A number of of My High Ten Wholesome Thanksgiving Recipes are issues which are a little bit of a carb splurge for me, and I believe there are some meals which are okay for a splurge at Thanksgiving. However take a look at Keto Vegetable Recipes for Thanksgiving, Keto Broccoli Recipes for Thanksgiving, or Keto Vegetable Recipes for Thanksgiving should you actually wish to restrict your carbs!
Methods to Make Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Avocados and Pecans:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps; croll down for full printable recipe with dietary info.)
- Preheat the oven to 450F/230C (or flip the oven as much as that temp if you take the turkey out.)
- Put pecans on the baking sheet and roast them 3-4 minutes. Put the nuts on a reducing board to chill.
- Trim the stem finish of the Brussels sprouts and minimize them into half, or quarters in the event that they’re giant. (If it’s worthwhile to wash them, make sure to spin till they’re very dry. If you are able to do this early and allow them to air dry for an hour or so, that may be greatest.)
- Whisk collectively balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and olive oil and toss the Brussels sprouts with that combination.
- Spray the baking sheet with non-stick spray, unfold out the Brussels sprouts, and roast for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, use a turner to flip the Brussels Sprouts, attempting to get most of them turned over. (Some leaves that fall off could also be overly performed. We simply picked these off and ate them at this level!)
- Roast 5-10 minutes longer, or till they’re properly browned. You’ll want to watch them for this second roasting.
- Whereas Brussels Sprouts prepare dinner, coarsely chop the pecans.
- Peel and cube the avocado and toss with 2-3 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with the avocado, season to style with salt and recent floor black pepper, prepare on serving dish, and sprinkle over pecans. Serve sizzling.
- These will disappear shortly any time you make them!
Extra Roasted Greens for the Holidays:
- 1/4 cup pecans (or extra, see notes)
- 1 lb. recent Brussels Sprouts, stems trimmed and minimize in halves or quarters (see notes)
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T + 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. + 2 – 3 tsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and minimize into small cube
- 1/2 tsp. salt, plus extra to style
- fresh-ground black pepper to style
- Preheat oven to 450F/230C, or if the oven has already been in use, flip to that temperature.
- Put pecans on the baking sheet you’ll be utilizing to roast the Brussels sprouts, and when the oven is sizzling put the baking sheet in and roast 3-4 minutes or simply till the pecans barely begin to look browned.
- Take away from oven and put the pecans on a reducing board to chill.
- Trim the stem ends of Brussels sprouts and minimize them in half, or in quarters in the event that they’re giant.
- Most Brussels sprouts don’t have to be washed but when they do want it, use a salad spinner and spin them very dry or they gained’t roast correctly. (In the event you can wash earlier within the day and allow them to air dry, that may be supreme.)
- Whisk collectively the balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and olive oil. Put Brussels sprouts right into a bowl and toss with the balsamic combination.
- Spray the baking sheet with non-stick spray and unfold the Brussels sprouts out. (You possibly can choose off the leaves that fall off should you want; a few of them will get too performed within the sizzling oven.)
- Roast Brussels sprouts 10 minutes.
- Whereas the Brussels sprouts roast, coarsely chop the pecans.
- Peel the avocados and minimize them into small items.
- Wash out the bowl you tossed the Brussels sprouts in, put the avocado into the bowl, toss with the two teaspoons lemon juice, and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few fresh-ground black pepper.
- After 10 minutes, take away baking sheet from the oven and shortly use a turner to show the Brussels sprouts over (they don’t all should be turned over; simply flip as many as you are able to do shortly.)
- Put the baking sheet again within the oven and roast the Brussels sprouts 5-10 minutes extra (or till they’re properly browned, I’d verify after 5 minutes.)
- Gently toss the recent Brussels sprouts with the avocado.
- Season to style with a bit of extra or salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to style.
- Prepare on a serving dish, sprinkle pecans over, and serve instantly.
If in case you have a big bag of Brussels Sprouts you should use a bit greater than a pound for this recipe. You can too enhance the quantities of the pecans and/or avocado should you like.
I used my fresh-frozen lemon juice for this recipe.
Recipe tailored from a recipe in Meals and Wine by Jean-Georges Vongerichten.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 175Whole Fats: 14gSaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 11gLdl cholesterol: 0mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 7gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
Diet info is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Did you make this recipe?
L0w-Carb Weight loss program / South Seaside Weight loss program / Low-Glycemic Weight loss program Options:
Brussels sprouts, avocado, and pecans are all good decisions for a low-glycemic or low-carb food plan and it is a excellent Thanksgiving deal with that’s low in web carbs. Though this recipe can be authorised for all phases of the South Seaside Weight loss program, avocados are a restricted meals and pecans additionally comprise fats, so use portion management should you’re following the unique South Seaside Weight loss program. However should you’re having this for a Thanksgiving deal with, that is so significantly better than many meals historically eaten that day, I wouldn’t fear about it a bit.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Try Vacation Recipes for extra recipes like this one. Use the Weight loss program Sort Index to seek out recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may additionally prefer to observe Meals The Meals on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2013. It was final up to date with greatly-improved images and extra info in 2022.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.