The unimaginable egg strikes once more with this in a single day Crockpot Breakfast Casserole loaded with Mediterranean veggies, cheese, and bacon. No must get up on the break of day to get brunch prepared to your visitors. The gradual cooker does all of the work whilst you sleep in and dream.
You get up, you stroll downstairs, and earlier than you lies an unimaginable, filling, and healthful breakfast prepared and ready for you.
No, you’re not on the 4 Seasons. You’re not even at Grandma’s home.
You’re dwelling, and this bountiful crockpot breakfast casserole (hopefully with a aspect of In a single day French Toast) is yours for the taking.
I do remorse that you’ll have to stroll out of your bed room to the kitchen to get pleasure from it.
I promise the slight inconvenience can be value your effort!
5 Star Assessment
“I made this recipe final evening and it was a giant hit…will certainly make this once more.”
— Moni —
Why I Love This Straightforward In a single day Breakfast Casserole
Through the week, I preserve it mild with In a single day Metal Lower Oats or a Greek Yogurt Smoothie.
Weekends, nonetheless, go away me craving one thing heartier and extra indulgent.
After I’m not within the temper for one thing candy (like French Toast Sticks), nothing sounds extra comforting and satisfying than a heaping serving of an in a single day breakfast bake with bacon, gooey fontina cheese, and TONS of greens.
One of the best half? You gained’t have to attend on this simple crockpot breakfast casserole.
The prep occurs the evening earlier than, so within the morning, it’s prepared the second you’re!
What’s a Crockpot Egg Casserole?
- A crockpot egg casserole is rather like another breakfast casserole you’d make within the oven, nevertheless it’s cooked low and gradual within the crockpot as an alternative. It additionally requires much less hands-on tending than baked egg casserole recipes.
- For an in a single day crockpot breakfast casserole, you possibly can prep every part the evening earlier than, and a wholesome crockpot breakfast can be ready for you if you get up.
Find out how to Make Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
This gradual cooker breakfast casserole recipe is a savory, Mediterranean model of in a single day French toast (like my favourite In a single day Blueberry French Toast) with gooey cheese, bacon, and greens in lieu of candy or fruity components.
- Eggs. What are you able to do with an additional dozen eggs? Make an in a single day crockpot breakfast casserole, after all!
- Cheese. Use one “melty” cheese and one “crumbly” cheese for a pleasant number of textures and flavors. I opted for fontina for the melty cheese and feta for the crumbly.
Different tasty cheese choices embody cheddar, Swiss, or mozzarella (for melty cheeses) and goat cheese for a tangy crumbly cheese different.
- Mediterranean Greens. Canned artichokes, spinach (frozen chopped spinach retains it fast and straightforward), and candy pink bell pepper give this gradual cooker breakfast scramble Mediterranean aptitude.
Be happy to swap different seasonal veggies into this simple in a single day crockpot breakfast bake to fit your private style preferences.
- Zucchini and sliced mushrooms would add a little bit style of Italy.
- Favor kale or Swiss chard to spinach? Be happy to vary it up (simply sauté it first, if utilizing uncooked).
- Jalapeños, poblanos, and diced Oven Roasted Potatoes would remodel this right into a Southwest-style breakfast casserole.
- Bacon. Assured to make any day really feel just like the weekend. Whereas egg casserole with bacon is my favourite, you possibly can swap browned sausage or cubed cooked ham in the event you like.
Don’t be afraid to experiment and do this gradual cooker breakfast casserole with sausage, turkey bacon, or chorizo. Sluggish cooker breakfast casserole with ham is one other variation readers have made with tasty success.
- Bread. A baguette or artisan sourdough loaf is my favourite. In the event you use a whole-grain choice, be sure the style of the wheat isn’t too pronounced or it should overtake the extra delicate flavors of the greens and cheeses.
I took the crockpot egg casserole no hash browns strategy for this specific recipe as a result of I personally love the fluffy, custardy, decadent texture you get with bread. In the event you’re searching for a breakfast casserole with potatoes, do this Wholesome Breakfast Casserole or Hash Brown Casserole.
- Dijon Mustard + Cayenne. A bit of every provides depth and provides the egg casserole a real “I might be consuming this in a restaurant” impact.
- To Make Gluten Free. Swap gluten-free bread for normal bread (or do this Whole30 Breakfast Casserole).
- To Make Vegetarian. For a vegetarian egg casserole, omit the bacon, and sauté the greens in olive oil as an alternative. This crockpot egg casserole with bread can be a lot hearty with out the meat. (You can too do this scrumptious Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole.)
- Line your gradual cooker with a disposable liner.
- Prepare dinner the bacon till crisp.
- Sauté the pink pepper and shallot till softened.
- In a bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, milk, mustard, and spices.
- Layer the bread, greens, and cheese within the gradual cooker.
- Pour the egg combination over the components and sprinkle with bacon.
- Prepare dinner the crock pot breakfast casserole for 7 to eight hours on LOW. Slice and serve. ENJOY!
How do You Know When an Egg Casserole is Finished?
- When your egg casserole is finished, it ought to be visibly golden across the edges, and the eggs ought to look agency and set.
- Probably the most foolproof methodology for realizing if an egg casserole is finished is by checking the interior temperature with an instant-read thermometer or by inserting a knife within the heart and seeing if it comes out clear.
- What temperature ought to an egg casserole be cooked to? An egg casserole ought to be cooked to 160 levels F.
Ideas For The BEST Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- Straightforward Cleanup. I like to recommend utilizing a gradual cooker liner to make sure the eggs don’t persist with your gradual cooker. Additional advantage: you possibly can decide up the liner by its sides and raise the entire casserole immediately onto a serving plate or a casserole dish in the event you’d wish to preserve it heat within the oven.
- Toast the Bread. When you have day-old bread, use that. In the event you don’t, merely toast the bread cubes within the oven for a couple of minutes to dry them out. This ensures the bread is primed for absorbing the yummy egg combination.
- Prepare dinner on LOW. In the event you attempt to prepare dinner the casserole on excessive, the skin edges of the eggs will burn, the insides gained’t prepare dinner right through, and you might be pressured to desert ship and stand in line for brunch elsewhere.
- Examine Early. Mine completed at proper about 7 hours. Examine early to be secure—if you wish to sleep longer, you possibly can at all times get up and take a peek on the casserole, pull it out if it’s carried out (or reset the timer if it’s not), then roll again into mattress till you’re able to eat. Upon getting the cooking time down to your specific crockpot mannequin, you’ll be capable of time it completely going ahead.
- To Retailer. Retailer egg casserole in an hermetic storage container within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- To Reheat. Reheat casserole in a casserole or related baking dish within the oven at 350 levels F till scorching. You can too gently rewarm leftovers within the microwave on a microwave-safe plate till warmed via.
- To Freeze. You may freeze an egg casserole! Place leftover casserole in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container within the freezer for as much as 2 months. You can too wrap particular person parts and freeze them so that you could thaw one portion at a time. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Meal Prep Tip
If the casserole finishes earlier than you’re able to serve it, you possibly can rewarm particular person servings within the microwave or place the entire thing in a baking dish, cowl it with foil, and heat it within the oven.
What to Serve with Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
View all recipes
Really helpful Instruments to Make this Recipe
My Favourite Crockpot
This 6-quart gradual cooker has nice programmable options, plus a locking lid that’s perfect for transporting it full to properties of household and buddies.
Did you make this recipe?
Go away a score under within the feedback and let me understand how you preferred the recipe.
(Nearly) room service, at your service!
Steadily Requested Questions
Can I Make Breakfast Casserole in an Instantaneous Pot?
I’ve not personally tried making this crockpot breakfast casserole in an Instantaneous Pot. Nonetheless, most stress cookers have a gradual cooker operate that *would possibly* work for this recipe. In the event you experiment with this recipe in an Instantaneous Pot, I’d love to listen to your outcomes.
Can I Double This Egg Casserole Recipe in a Single Sluggish Cooker?
I’ve not personally tried to double this recipe, so I don’t have particular recommendation to offer. Nonetheless, readers have reported scaling this recipe up with success relying on the scale of their gradual cooker. I’d begin with 1.5 occasions the recipe to be secure.
- 6 slices center-cut bacon minimize into bite-size items
- 1 medium pink bell pepper seeded and 1/4-inch-diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium shallot finely chopped (about 1/4 cup) or 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 12 massive eggs
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon floor black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon floor cayenne pepper
- 4 cups cubed day-old baguette minimize into 3/4-inch items (about 6 1/2 ounces)
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed as dry as attainable
- 14 ounces canned artichoke hearts drained, roughly chopped, and patted dry
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese or related melty cheese, corresponding to provolone or mozzarella
- 4 ounces block-style feta crumbled
- For straightforward cleanup, line a 6-quart gradual cooker with a disposable gradual cooker liner and coat the liner with nonstick spray.
In a big cast-iron skillet or related massive, thick-bottomed pan, prepare dinner the bacon over medium-low warmth, till the fats has rendered and the bacon items are crisp, about 10 minutes. (Resist the temptation to hurry it, or the bacon will burn.) With a slotted spoon, take away the bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate. Discard all however 1 tablespoon of bacon fats from the skillet.
Return the pan to the range and warmth over medium. Add the bell pepper and shallot. Sauté till the pepper is softened, about 6 minutes. Take away from the warmth.
In a big bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt, black pepper, and cayenne till the whites and yolks are fully integrated and the eggs are barely foamy.
To assemble the casserole, prepare the bread cubes within the backside of the gradual cooker in a good layer. High with half of the bell pepper combination, then half of the spinach (break up any clumps to scatter it excessive), artichoke hearts, and fontina. Repeat with the remaining bell peppers, spinach, artichoke hearts, and fontina. High with the feta.
Rigorously pour the egg combination excessive. If wanted, use the again of a big spoon to push down the bread and cheese in order that they’re largely submerged within the liquid. Sprinkle the bacon on high.
Prepare dinner on LOW for 7 to eight hours, or till the eggs are set. Take away the casserole (nonetheless within the liner) from the gradual cooker and switch it to a big plate. Let cool within the liner for 10 minutes, then fastidiously take away the liner. Slice and serve.
- TO STORE: Retailer breakfast casserole in an hermetic storage container within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- TO FREEZE: You may freeze crockpot egg casserole! Place leftover casserole in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container within the freezer for as much as 2 months. You can too wrap particular person parts and freeze them so that you could thaw one portion at a time. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
- TO REHEAT: Reheat casserole in a casserole or related baking dish within the oven at 350 levels F till scorching. You can too gently rewarm leftovers within the microwave on a microwave-safe plate till warmed via.
Serving: 1(of 8)Energy: 380kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 25gFats: 22gSaturated Fats: 9gPolyunsaturated Fats: 3gMonounsaturated Fats: 7gTrans Fats: 0.1gLdl cholesterol: 318mgPotassium: 447mgFiber: 3gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 5336IUVitamin C: 21mgCalcium: 288mgIron: 3mg
Be part of at this time and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.
Whereas candy breakfasts at all times have a spot in my coronary heart, generally a crowd-pleasing savory breakfast is the best way to go. Listed here are a few of my favourite savory breakfast recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch
Goat Cheese Quiche
Breakfast & Brunch
Candy Potato Hash
View all recipes