There are a whole bunch of recipes for Buddha Bowls on the market however I can guarantee you this one is the perfect. With veggies, brown rice, tofu in a flavour-packed peanut buddha bowl sauce, the last word buddha bowl will grow to be your go-to vegetarian dinner recipe!
In case you’re from Toronto and even remotely inquisitive about well being then you’ve got heard of Recent Eating places. They’re mainly a series of wholesome/vegetarian eating places throughout town which can be a wholesome foodie’s mecca. The meals is so good that it turns individuals into vegans. Solely barely kidding…
This recipe was 100% impressed by the buddha bowl at Recent. Reality is, I’m really in love with their buddha sauce. It’s form of irrelevant what you pour it onto as a result of the goodness is all within the buddha bowl sauce. At the moment I’m sharing my model!
What’s a buddha bowl?
To be sincere, I couldn’t get a definitive reply on why it’s referred to as a buddha bowl! One supply mentioned it’s named for its massive, spherical Buddha stomach form, one other mentioned Martha Stewart coined the time period. What I do know is it’s a bowl meal with grains, tons of veggies, some supply of protein and a dressing. Mainly my dream dinner.
What I like about my buddha bowl is that I get to choose precisely what I need it to incorporate so after all I went for broccoli and kale.
The unique buddha bowl from Recent makes use of cucumbers and tomatoes however I’m a inexperienced freak so I gave you a double-whammy of them. However nonetheless, it doesn’t matter what you embrace in it as a result of when you grasp the buddha bowl sauce you might be golden.
The Final Buddha Bowl Sauce
- coconut oil
- pure peanut butter
- rice wine vinegar
- tamari (may use soy sauce)
- sesame oil
- recent ginger
I believe what makes this sauce so good is step one of sauteing the onions and garlic. Whereas it’s an additional step, it brings out such a scrumptious taste!
Then all it’s important to do is mix the entire components till well-combined. This sauce will hold within the fridge for as much as 1 week so be at liberty to mess around including it to different bowls/components!
Easy methods to Make a Buddha Bowl:
STEP 1: Cook dinner Rice
Cook dinner rice in keeping with bundle directions + put aside.
STEP 2: Cook dinner Tofu
Preheat oven to 400 levels F. Place cubed tofu on a parchment or silicone-lined baking sheet and coat with 1 tbsp coconut oil (you could have to soften it). Prime with salt and pepper. Bake tofu for 20-25 minutes or till golden brown.
STEP 3: Cook dinner Veggies
In the meantime warmth up a skillet with the opposite tablespoon of coconut oil over medium warmth. Add broccoli florets and 1 tbsp of water. Cowl skillet to steam broccoli for 3 minutes. Add in kale and garlic and toss to coat and prepare dinner till desired texture has been reached (roughly 3-5 minutes).
Are buddha bowls good for you?
Hells to the sure! A meal full of greens, protein and entire grains? You possibly can’t go flawed. In case you’re making an attempt to chop again in your meat consumption or need to dabble into vegetarianism, this can be a dinner that can please the plenty.
Straightforward Swaps + Substitutions
Allergic to nuts? Swap in sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter within the buddha bowl sauce or exchange with nut or seed butter of your selecting. For a scrumptious tahini sauce I like to recommend this one.
Don’t like tofu? Change with tempeh or if not vegan or vegetarian you need to use one other protein supply like rotisserie hen and even chickpeas!
Don’t like kale or broccoli? Change with veggies of your selecting. You’ll want to regulate cooking occasions relying on what veggies you utilize however any veggie goes in these buddha bowls. I like candy potatoes and cauliflower as scrumptious substitutes!
In search of a rice substitute? In case you don’t just like the style of rice or don’t have any available you’ll be able to substitute with a unique grain of your selecting.
No coconut oil available? In case you don’t like coconut oil, are allergic or don’t have any available you’ll be able to exchange with olive oil.
Listed below are different vegetarian dinner recipes to strive:
The Final Buddha Bowl
There are thousands and thousands of recipes for Buddha Bowls on the market however I can guarantee you this one is the last word! With veggies, brown rice, tofu in a flavour-packed peanut sauce, the last word buddha bowl will grow to be your go-to vegetarian dinner recipe!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: half-hour
- Whole Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 cups dry brown rice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 block further agency tofu (14 oz), pressed + cubed
- 1 head of broccoli (roughly 2 cups), minimize into florets
- 1/2 head of kale (roughly 4 cups), destemmed and chopped
- 1 massive garlic clove, minced
For the Buddha Sauce*:
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure peanut butter
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 inch knob of recent ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup of water
- Cook dinner rice in keeping with bundle directions
- Preheat oven to 400 levels F.
- Place cubed tofu on a parchment or silicone-lined baking sheet and coat with 1 tbsp coconut oil (you could have to soften it). Prime with salt and pepper.
- Bake tofu for 20-25 minutes or till golden brown.
- In the meantime warmth up a skillet with the opposite tablespoon of coconut oil over medium warmth.
- Add broccoli florets and 1 tbsp of water. Cowl skillet to steam broccoli for 3 minutes.
- Add in kale and garlic and toss to coat and prepare dinner till desired texture has been reached (3-5 minutes).
To Make Buddha Sauce:
- Take away broccoli and kale from skillet and put aside. Utilizing the identical skillet add coconut oil and chopped onion and prepare dinner for five minutes or till translucent. Add garlic and prepare dinner for 1 extra minute.
- Add cooked onion and garlic to a blender or meals processor.
- Prime with remaining buddha sauce components and mix till easy. Add extra water if sauce is simply too thick.
To assemble buddha bowls:
- Divide rice between bowls and prime with tofu, broccoli and kale.
- Drizzle sauce on prime and sprinkle with purple pepper flakes if desired.
*Will hold in fridge for as much as 1 week.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Be part of 20,000+ members of the THM Group to get entry to unique recipes, wholesome way of life ideas and behind-the-scenes information from our group!
Success! Now test your e mail to substantiate your subscription.