This Teriyaki Rooster Bowl combines tender rooster, contemporary veggies, and rice in a candy and savory teriyaki sauce for a scrumptious and straightforward weeknight meal. And the entire thing comes collectively in a single pan!
Why We Love this Teriyaki Rooster Bowl Recipe
This Teriyaki Rooster Bowl has it all- it’s tasty, wholesome, filling, and straightforward! Weeknights might be tremendous hectic, however most nights I nonetheless attempt to get a nutritious, do-it-yourself dinner on the desk. And recipes like this actually assist me make that occur. It requires contemporary components that supply stable diet, and the entire thing comes collectively in a single pan! Making do-it-yourself teriyaki sauce is tremendous straightforward too. Not solely that, the flavour of this dish appeals to just about everybody. Your complete household goes to like this recipe!
Teriyaki Rooster Bowl Substances:
- rooster breast– rooster breast cooks up fast and tender and works nice right here. You may as well use rooster tenderloin or rooster thighs.
- rice– we used common lengthy grain rice. Brown rice would possibly work, however you would want to make use of a fast cooking selection or pre-cooked brown rice.
- stir fry veggies– we used a pre-packaged stir fry vegetable mix from the produce division
- contemporary ginger– provides a contemporary, vibrant taste to the dish. Floor ginger might be substituted.
- low-sodium soy sauce– provides a salty, umami taste. I at all times use low-sodium soy sauce which provides you extra management over the sodium content material within the recipe.
- brown sugar– provides a wealthy, caramely sweetness
- minced garlic– we love garlic, so I take advantage of a hearty spoonful. Garlic powder might be substituted.
- sesame oil– sesame oil has a robust taste that may be overwhelming. It’s very generally utilized in Asian cooking. It may be unnoticed should you don’t like the flavour.
- salt & pepper– season to style
The best way to Make Teriyaki Rooster Bowls:
- Brown the rooster in a scorching skillet with garlic and ginger. Permit to brown however don’t absolutely cook dinner the rooster.
- Add rice and cook dinner for 1-2 minutes or till the rice is translucent. Add water to the skillet and convey to a boil. Cut back warmth to low, cowl and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whisk collectively the teriyaki sauce components.
- Add veggies to the skillet and stir. Exchange lid and proceed cooking for five minutes. Flip off warmth and permit the skillet to relaxation for an additional 5-10 minutes or till the veggies are tender.
- Drizzle the teriyaki sauce over the skillet combination. Stir gently to mix. Exchange lid and permit to relaxation for an additional 5 minutes or so to permit the flavors to come back collectively.
- Dish into serving bowls and prime with sesame seeds if desired.
Suggestions & Substitutions
Can I take advantage of to substitute the rooster breast?
You should use rooster tenderloin or rooster thigh, each would work nice right here. Tofu would additionally work nice in case you are in search of a vegetarian meal. You may as well use rotisserie rooster!
Can I take advantage of store-bought teriyaki sauce?
Completely! Nonetheless, as a result of it’s so straightforward to make the sauce, I extremely advocate making your personal.
What sort of greens ought to I take advantage of for my Teriyaki Rooster Bowls?
I wish to make the most of the contemporary stir-fry vegetable mixes that yow will discover close to that bagged salads within the produce division. We’re going for a fast weeknight dinner, right here! You possibly can additionally use a frozen stir-fry vegetable combine. These are likely to cook dinner a bit quicker, so regulate cook dinner time if obligatory. You may as well chop up your personal contemporary veggies. Carrots, bell peppers, zucchini, sugar snap peas, broccoli, kale, cabbage, or cauliflower would all work nice right here.
Are you able to freeze teriyaki rooster?
Sure! This freezes effectively. I wish to divide leftovers into particular person servings. Good for fast lunches or busy nights. It ought to final for 2-3 months in an hermetic container.
Extra One-Pan Dinner Recipes:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless rooster breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon grated contemporary ginger
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound stir-fry greens carrots, snow peas, broccoli, cabbage
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
Dice the rooster breast into bite-sized items and season with salt and pepper.
Warmth the oil in a deep, giant skillet over medium warmth. Add the garlic and ginger. Prepare dinner for about 30 seconds, then add the rooster items to the skillet. Prepare dinner simply till browned on the skin (it’s going to proceed cooking with the rice).
Add raw rice to the skillet. Prepare dinner for a minute or two till the rice is translucent. Add the water and stir effectively. Convey to a boil over medium-high warmth. Cut back the warmth to low, cowl with a lid, and permit to simmer for 10 minutes.
In the meantime, put together the teriyaki sauce by whisking the soy sauce, brown sugar and sesame oil in a small bowl. Put aside.
After 10 minutes, take away the lid from the skillet and add greens. Give all the pieces a great stir and instantly change the lid. Proceed cooking over low warmth for an additional 5 minutes. Leaving the lid on the skillet, flip off the warmth and permit to relaxation for a further 5-10 minutes or till the veggies are tender.
Give the teriyaki combination a fast stir, then take away the lid and drizzle the sauce over the combination. Gently stir all the pieces collectively, ensuring to scrape all the pieces up from the underside of the pan so the entire components are coated with the sauce.
Exchange the lid and let the skillet relaxation for an additional 5 minutes to permit all of the flavors to meld. Dish into serving bowls and prime with sesame seeds, if desired.
Energy: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 24g | Fats: 6g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 3g | Trans Fats: 0.02g | Ldl cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 1408mg | Potassium: 560mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 3863IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 2mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you’ll discover a lot of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your youngsters to eat higher and grow to be intuitive eaters and many assets for feeding your loved ones.
Be taught Extra about Natalie