Should you purchase these large packs of Energy Greens at Costco, this tacky Energy Greens Breakfast Casserole is an ideal means to make use of them! And I really like beginning out the day with a wholesome serving to of greens!
PIN the Energy Greens Breakfast Casserole to attempt it later!
I really like the Energy Greens mixture of chard, kale, and Spinach I’ve been getting at Costco. And if my meals preferences in any respect, you won’t be shocked that this Energy Greens Breakfast Casserole is without doubt one of the issues I really like making with this scrumptious mixture of greens. And I used Feta and Mozzarella to make this a tacky breakfast casserole that’s loaded with taste.
Once I first made the recipe for myself, I made this 4 instances in a row, in order that’s an indication of how a lot I prefer it! Then one weekend my foodie pal Sean stayed at my home when he was on the town, and once I fed him among the leftovers for breakfast, he gave the recipe a thumbs up. That’s once I realized I wanted to take some pictures and share this recipe on the weblog!
I truly used a full pound of the facility greens combine on this, which helped stability out the beneficiant quantity of cheese! I feel the mix of cheeses right here went rather well with the greens, so in the event you like the thought of beginning out the day with a wholesome dose of greens, give this a attempt!
Get new recipes through e mail:
What components do you want?
- energy greens combine
- Olive Oil (affiliate hyperlink)
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Feta Cheese
- inexperienced onion
- Spike Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink), or different all-purpose seasoning mix
- fresh-ground black pepper
What are Energy Greens?
Energy Greens is a model title for a bagged mixture of greens that comprises chard, kale, and spinach, and typically just a few different greens. You should utilize any wholesome mixture of greens you like for this recipe.
Can you employ different varieties of cheese for this recipe?
I did love the mix of Feta and Mozzarella that made a scrumptious tacky Energy Greens Breakfast Casserole. However in the event you’re not a fan of these cheese or have one other cheese available, any kind of white cheese that melts nicely will style nice right here.
Extra recipes the place you possibly can use Energy Greens:
Methods to make Energy Greens Breakfast Casserole:
(That is only a abstract. Scroll down for full printable recipe together with dietary info.)
- I purchase the Energy Greens combine from Costco, however once I googled it, I discovered there have been numerous firms making an analogous mixture of greens.
- Warmth a bit olive oil in a big, deep frying pan and add the greens all of sudden.
- Then use a big turner to maintain turning the greens again and again till they’re all wilted down.
- Put the wilted greens in a big glass or ceramic casserole dish that you just’ve sprayed with olive oil or non-stick spray.
- Unfold the crumbled Feta, cubes of mozzarella, and sliced inexperienced onion on high of the wilted greens.
- Season to style with fresh-ground black pepper and Spike Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink) or use your favourite seasoning mix that’s good on eggs in the event you don’t have Spike.
- Beat the eggs till yolks and whites are well-combined after which pour over the greens and cheese.
- I like to make use of a fork and “stir” the combination so the highest of the casserole exhibits all of the components.
- Bake at 375F for about 40-45 minutes, or till it’s as browned as you prefer it, then serve sizzling.
- I exploit this container with a snap-tight lid to maintain leftovers within the fridge so I can get pleasure from this for breakfast for a number of days after I’ve made a giant casserole like this one.
Extra Breakfast Concepts with Greens:
Need much more Low-Carb Breakfast Casseroles?
Try my grasp recipe for Low-Carb and Keto Breakfast Casseroles to make a breakfast bake out of what’s within the fridge. Or discover extra concepts from Meals The Meals and across the net in 25 Household-Pleasant Keto Breakfast Casseroles.
Weekend Meals Prep:
This recipe has been added to a class known as Weekend Meals Prep the place you’ll discover recipes you’ll be able to prep or prepare dinner on the weekend and eat in the course of the week!
- 1 lb. energy greens combine (see notes)
- 2 tsp. olive oil (kind of, relying in your pan)
- 6 oz. mozzarella cheese, lower in 1/2 inch cubes (see notes)
- 4 oz. Feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup sliced inexperienced onion
- Spike Seasoning to style
- fresh-ground black pepper to style
- 14 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Spray a big glass or ceramic casserole dish with olive oil or non-stick spray. (My dish was 10″ x 13″; in the event you don’t have a dish that’s near that dimension I’d lower down the recipe a bit.)
- Warmth a bit olive oil in a big non-stick frying pan with excessive sides. Flip warmth to excessive, add the greens all of sudden, then instantly use a big turner to show greens again and again till they’re fully wilted down. (This can solely take a minute or two, watch them rigorously.)
- Put the wilted greens within the backside of the casserole dish.
- Lower the mozzarella into cubes about 1/2 inch sq. (or you need to use grated mozzarella, however I do just like the nuggets of melted cheese from the mozzarella cubes.)
- Crumble the Feta and slice sufficient inexperienced onions to make 1/2 cup.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella, feta, and sliced inexperienced onions over the greens.
- Season the combination to style with Spike Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink) and fresh-ground black pepper. (Don’t use salt, the Feta is salty sufficient.)
- Beat eggs till the yolks and whites are well-combined, then pour over the greens/cheese combination. Use a fork to softly “stir” the combination so the greens, eggs, and cheese are evenly distributed.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or till the combination is totally set and the highest is as brown as you like.
- Serve sizzling, with a dollop of bitter cream if desired.
- This can maintain within the fridge for not less than every week, and it reheats nicely.
I used a mix of kale, chard, and spinach for this recipe. You should utilize any greens you like or have available.
Use reduced-fat or full-fat mozzarella, whichever you like.
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 258Whole Fats: 18gSaturated Fats: 8gUnsaturated Fats: 8gLdl cholesterol: 355mgSodium: 445mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 19g
Vitamin info is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Did you make this recipe?
Low-Carb Weight-reduction plan / Low-Glycemic Weight-reduction plan / South Seaside Weight-reduction plan Solutions:
This Energy Greens Breakfast Casserole is loaded with wholesome low-carb components, and can be nice for any low-carb or Keto eating regimen or for any part of the unique South Seaside Weight-reduction plan. South Seaside recommends low-fat cheese however different low-carb consuming plans would like full-fat dairy.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Breakfast Recipes to search out extra recipes like this one. Use the Weight-reduction plan Kind Index to search out recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also prefer to comply with Meals The Meals on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
I began shopping for the Energy Greens combine in 2014, and that’s once I first made this tasty breakfast casserole. The recipe was final up to date with extra info in 2022.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.