These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are a mash up of my two favourite cookies. They’re full of yummy peanut butter taste and the chewy heartiness of oats. They’re tender and thick and completely irresistible.
Why We Love these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
I’m an unapologetic cookie lover. What’s to not love? They’re fast and straightforward to make with substances you often have readily available, and with 1000’s of recipes at our fingertips, there’s at all times some scrumptious new model to strive. And though we do get pleasure from attempting new recipes once in a while, I discover myself coming again to this humble little cookie over and over. It’s a hearty, satisfying cookie with simply sufficient sweetness to fulfill your candy tooth. It’s additionally loaded with peanut butter and oats, giving it a pleasant chewy texture. They freeze nice and make the right lunchbox deal with or afternoon snack. If you’re a peanut butter lover, or an oatmeal cookie lover, otherwise you simply love cookies basically… that is the cookie for you.
Components for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies:
- oatmeal: we used common rolled oats
- flour: all-purpose flour works finest right here
- baking powder & soda: for leavening
- salt: I like to make use of kosher salt
- butter: I often use salted butter as a result of it’s what I’ve readily available. If utilizing unsalted butter, regulate the quantity of salt added if vital.
- peanut butter: we used common creamy peanut butter, however crunchy would add a pleasant texture!
- sugar: common granulated white sugar works finest
- brown sugar: helps preserve the cookies tender and chewy and provides a caramely taste
- egg: one massive egg for construction and texture
- vanilla: provides a pleasant, rounded taste to the cookie
Methods to Make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies:
- Whisk collectively dry substances.
- Beat butter and sugars collectively till creamy.
- Add egg, peanut butter and vanilla, beat once more.
- Stir dry substances into the creamed combination simply till mixed.
- Chill for about 20 minutes.
- Scoop onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 levels for 12-14 minutes or till set. Don’t over bake!
Ideas & Substitutions
- Resist the temptation to over bake these cookies! They are going to be evenly browned on the sides, and the center will nonetheless look tender. That is while you wish to pull them out of the oven. They are going to arrange as they sit and you’re going to get a young, chewy cookie. In any other case your cookies will find yourself dry and crumbly.
- I’ve used fast cooking oats in a pinch. It provides a little bit of a distinct texture to the cookie, however works simply advantageous.
- After including the dry substances, stir simply till mixed. Over mixing will produce a tricky cookie.
- Cookie scoops are a sport changer! We used this one.
- You’ll be able to chill the dough for longer, however it will likely be too laborious to scoop. Permit the dough to relaxation at room temperature till scoopable.
- When you completely will need to have chocolate in your cookies, chocolate chips are a very yummy addition!
- These freeze nice too. You’ll be able to freeze the cooled, baked cookies in an hermetic container or storage bag. It’s also possible to scoop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze till stable, then add the dough balls to a ziplock freezer bag. This lets you bake them up recent every time the craving strikes.
Extra Cookie Recipes You’ll Love:
Whisk collectively the dry substances (oatmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt) in a bowl; put aside.
In a medium mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, beat collectively the butter, sugar, and brown sugar on medium-high velocity till clean and creamy, about 1-2 minutes. Add the peanut butter, egg and vanilla and beat till mixed, scraping down the edges as wanted.
Add the dry substances to the bowl and blend on low simply till mixed. Cowl and chill for a minimum of 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 levels and take away the dough from the fridge. Whether it is too laborious, permit to relaxation on the counter till it softens sufficient which you could scoop it.
Scoop the dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-14 minutes or till cookies turn into barely golden brown. Don’t over bake! The facilities will nonetheless look tender.
Permit to chill on the baking sheet for five minutes earlier than eradicating to a wire rack to chill fully. Take pleasure in!
Energy: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 236mg | Potassium: 85mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 222IU | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you will discover plenty of scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your children to eat higher and turn into intuitive eaters and many assets for feeding your loved ones.
Study Extra about Natalie