In case you’ve been in search of a wholesome granola recipe with NO added sugar, that is the one! This Sugar Free Granola is crispy, crunchy and superb whereas supplying you with wholesome fat, protein, and energy-boosting complete grains with out the added sweeteners.
For extra sugar-free snacks, try this publish with 50 concepts!
Why We Love This Granola
You’ll love how crunchy and flavorful this granola is, with none sugar added! I’ve by no means cherished a very candy granola – particularly after I’m topping my yogurt with it. This granola provides you all of the crunch and flavors of candy oats, crunchy nuts and coconut with out being overly candy!
The very best half about making granola sugar free is which you can add so many scrumptious fruits for pure sweetness! Whether or not you add dried fruit to take the granola on the go, or recent fruit like blueberries to combine into your breakfast, that’s 100% the place we wish to get the sugar we eat. Fruit sugar that comes within the type of complete meals is one of the best ways to eat sugar as a result of it doesn’t spike your blood sugars like added sugars do.
Elements for Sugar Free Granola
- Outdated Common Oats: Granola is all the time greatest with quaint or rolled oats to provide that candy nutty taste and texture.
- Cashews: I used salted cashews for this recipe so as to add a bit extra taste – you need to use unsalted should you like.
- Sliced almonds – Pre-sliced almonds make it tremendous fast so as to add to this recipe – you may chop your individual from complete if that’s all you could have.
- Coconut flakes – To really make this granola sugar free, use unsweetened coconut flakes. Sweetened are yummy too, should you don’t thoughts the teeny little bit of added sugar.
- Cinnamon – provides heat to the flavour profile of this granola.
- Egg whites – these are the important thing ingredient to getting a crunchy granola with out sugar.
- Coconut oil – provides a pleasant taste and helps to crunch up the oats
- Vanilla extract – makes all the things style higher!
The right way to Make Crunchy Sugar Free Granola
Making sugar-free granola may be tough. That’s as a result of granola’s crunch normally comes from heating sugar. The longer sugar is heated, the crunchier your meals will get (assume laborious sweet, brittle stage.) The decrease the warmth of your sugar, the chewier one thing is (factor granola bars, vs. granola.) So, the query on my thoughts was, how can we get crunchy granola with NO SUGAR in any respect? The reply is: egg whites!
- Combine. First combine collectively all of the dry elements, Be at liberty to experiment with a wide range of nuts and seeds. (you may attempt almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, and cashews.)
- Whip. In a separate mixing bowl, whip the egg whites till gentle peaks fashioned. This may take about 5 minutes.
- Fold. Fold the egg whites into the dry combination, then stir within the melted coconut oil and vanilla.
- Bake. Unfold the oat combination onto a baking sheet and bake stirring about each 20 minutes to keep away from the highest layer from getting too brown and to make it crunchy all through.
Is Unsweetened Granola Wholesome?
Granola itself is nutritious and filling. The issue is, quite a lot of business varieties and even home made recipes add plenty of sugar in numerous kinds, making it a much less wholesome alternative than you would possibly assume. My sugar free granola recipe provides you:
- complicated carbohydrates for power
- fiber for intestine well being
- protein for staying full, constructing muscle
- wholesome fat to help cell perform
Does Granola Spike Your Blood Sugar?
Oats are a decrease glycemic index meals which signifies that they don’t naturally spike blood sugar in comparison with quite a lot of different meals. In addition they have a excessive fiber content material which helps to manage blood sugars.
This recipe particularly does an incredible job with regulating blood sugars as a result of there isn’t a added sugar, and the opposite elements add protein and wholesome fat which assist to additional stabilize your blood sugar.
Is Granola or Oatmeal Higher for You?
Each granola and oatmeal are a wholesome breakfast possibility – relying on how they’re made and what different issues are added to them. The largest downfall of each granola and oatmeal are added sweeteners! Making your individual granola or oatmeal at dwelling means that you can management the entire elements and add your individual wholesome choices.
Extra Low Sugar Recipes
- 2 cups quaint oats
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 massive egg whites
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 225 levels F.
In massive bowl, mix oats, nuts, coconut and cinnamon.
In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites till gentle peaks type. Fold egg whites into dry oat combination. Stir gently till dry combination is coated.
Soften coconut oil in a microwave secure bowl. Mix with vanilla extract and stir into oat combination.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat. Pour oat combination onto the baking sheet.
Bake in pre-heated oven for 60 minutes, stirring each twenty minutes or till it’s as crunchy as you prefer it. The granola will get extra crunchy because it cools.
Retailer in an hermetic container for 1-2 weeks.
Serving: 0.5cups | Energy: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 9g | Fats: 18g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 5g | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 266mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you’ll discover plenty of scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your children to eat higher and turn out to be intuitive eaters and many assets for feeding your loved ones.
Be taught Extra about Natalie