Whipped Feta Dip with Sumac is ideal to make for a celebration, and anybody who likes Feta Cheese goes to like this recipe! You’ll be able to eat it with colourful veggies like we did, or see different serving recommendations.
PIN Whipped Feta Dip with Sumac to make it later!
Some individuals who comply with this weblog know my very long time buddy Mary, and this Whipped Feta Dip with Sumac is one thing I had at her home earlier this yr when she invited me for one in every of her fabulous back-yard dinners. I cherished the dip from the very first style, and Mary despatched me the recipe for her model, which she served drizzled with a bit of honey, sprinkled with purple pepper flakes, and accompanied with crackers.
After I labored on the recipe with Kara, we went for a barely lower-carb strategy and I couldn’t think about not topping this Feta Dip with Sumac, which added such a pleasant pop of citrusy taste notes. We served it with red-and-green veggies for a vacation twist, however see the notes on this publish for heaps extra serving recommendations.
In fact this can be a dip for individuals (like me) who love Feta Cheese, and if you happen to’re a fellow Feta Cheese lover, this can be a tasty snack you can also make in about 5 minutes within the meals processor! The recipe I’m providing you with makes rather a lot, nevertheless it retains fairly some time within the fridge, or you may undoubtedly make a smaller quantity if you happen to’re not making the Whipped Feta Dip for a celebration.
Get new recipes by way of e mail:
What substances do you want?
(That is ONLY an inventory of substances for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or if you happen to use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it’ll take you on to the whole recipe.)
- Feta Cheese (in a block; don’t purchase crumbled Feta)
- bitter cream, ideally full-fat Daisy bitter cream
- Minced Ginger (affiliate hyperlink) , or use minced contemporary garlic when you’ve got some
- additional virgin Olive Oil (affiliate hyperlink)
- lemon juice, I used my fresh-frozen lemon juice
- coarse-ground black pepper
- Floor Sumac (affiliate hyperlink), or see notes if you happen to don’t have that
Why do I like to recommend not shopping for crumbled Feta for the Whipped Feta Dip?
Some individuals could surprise why I like to recommend shopping for a block of Feta Cheese for a recipe the place the Feta goes to be crumbled while you add it to the meals processor. However I really feel the pre-crumbled Feta goes dangerous in a short time, and blocks of Feta which might be crumbled while you use the cheese all the time style brisker and higher to me. In the event you store at Costco, the Kirkland Natural Feta they promote there’s my absolute favourite and such a discount, however there are many good manufacturers of Feta.
What are you able to prime the Whipped Feta Dip with if you happen to don’t have Sumac?
We cherished the Feta dip drizzled with good high quality additional virgin olive oil and sprinkled with Floor Sumac (affiliate hyperlink), and it was additionally scrumptious topped with a drizzle of honey and a bit of little bit of purple pepper flakes the best way Mary served it. In the event you don’t have Sumac and don’t need to use honey, you might serve it with olive oil and one in every of these toppings:
What are you able to serve with the Whipped Feta Dip?
- The Whipped Feta Dip was nice with the tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, and purple pepper strips we served it with.
- In the event you don’t need to trouble with slicing up veggies, Kara and I each agreed we preferred it greatest with the cherry tomatoes!
- Different uncooked veggies I believe would style nice with this embrace cauliflower, jicama sticks, carrot sticks, turnip sticks, and sugar snap peas.
- In the event you wished to serve this with barely cooked veggies, I believe it might be wonderful with asparagus or inexperienced beans.
- I might love this unfold on toasted items of Joseph’s Low-Carb Pita Bread (affiliate hyperlink).
- The Feta dip would style nice on any sort of crackers or low-carb crackers.
- This could be a tremendous unfold for Olive Bread or Savory Almond Flour Bread.
Need extra concepts for Low-Carb Appetizers?
Try 50+ Low-Carb and Keto Appetizers for heaps extra concepts for appetizers for events and vacation celebrations!
Easy methods to Make Whipped Feta Dip with Sumac
(That is ONLY a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or if you happen to use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it’ll take you on to the whole recipe.)
- Crumbled the Feta Cheese.
- Add the crumbled Feta, bitter cream, minced garlic, 2 T olive oil, fresh-squeezed lemon juice, and coarse floor black pepper to the Meals Processor (affiliate hyperlink) the place you might have used the metal blade. (I like my Cuisinart Meals Processor, however there are various good manufacturers.)
- Course of the substances till they’re largely blended collectively, or go away it barely chunky such as you see within the picture. (This took solely a few minute in my meals processor.)
- Put desired quantity of dip right into a serving bowl, drizzle with the remainder of the olive oil, and sprinkle with floor Sumac. (Or use one of many different toppings listed above if you happen to don’t have sumac.
- Serve with veggie dippers or one of many different recommendations listed above.
- I’m guessing this can preserve greater than every week within the fridge, however to this point I haven’t managed to maintain any round that lengthy to check it!
Extra Tasty Low-Carb Dips:
- 1 1/4 cup bitter cream
- 1 lb. Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1 T minced garlic
- 2 T + 1 T olive oil
- 2 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. coarse floor black pepper
- 1 T Sumac
- Add the bitter cream, crumbled Feta Cheese, minced garlic, 2 T olive oil, lemon juice, and coarse floor black pepper, to the meals processor that is fitted with the metal blade.
- Course of the dip till it is largely clean, or with a couple of chunks if you happen to desire it barely chunky. That took lower than a minute with the Cuisinart Meals Processor I used.
- Serve dip with greens, low-carb pita bread, or crackers.
- Dip will preserve within the fridge for not less than every week. (It would most likely last more, however mine is all the time passed by then.)
Dietary info is for the dip solely, not the greens or different issues this dip is perhaps served with. I calculated it based mostly on about 3 tablespoons serving measurement.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 114Complete Fats: 10gSaturated Fats: 6gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 3gLdl cholesterol: 34mgSodium: 264mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
Vitamin info is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Did you make this recipe?
Low-Carb Weight loss plan / Low-Glycemic Weight loss plan / South Seaside Weight loss plan Options:
This Whipped Feta Dip with Sumac is an effective appetizer or snack for any low-carb food plan while you eat it with low-carb veggies or low-carb pita bread. It’s a bit excessive in fats for the unique South Seaside Weight loss plan, however personally I don’t really feel that is too dangerous of a alternative in comparison with numerous different stuff you may discover served at a celebration!
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Appetizers to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Weight loss plan Kind Index to seek out extra recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also prefer to comply with Meals The Meals on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.