Zesty sausage, melty cheese, and sauteed veggies unite for a keto breakfast casserole that’s greatest described as handy, hearty, scrumptious, AND low carb.
Nonetheless hungry? Try my complete assortment of keto breakfast recipes.
What’s in This Low Carb Breakfast Casserole?
Your usually breakfast casserole components, minus the tots or potatoes, are all you want. However don’t fear, with all the flavour packed components we’re utilizing, you received’t even discover they’re gone!
- Italian sausage – spicy or delicate will do. In case you can solely discover hyperlinks, use a knife to slice every sausage down the middle, press out the sausage, and discard the casing.
- Avocado or vegetable oil – we wish a light tasting oil with a excessive smoke level.
- Veggies – Onion and bell pepper.
- Heavy cream – conventional breakfast casseroles typically use milk. Substituting for heavy cream saves carbs and makes the casserole silky clean.
- Tabasco – We’re solely including just a little, which provides no warmth, relatively some complexity to the creamy base of this low carb breakfast casserole.
- Cherry tomatoes – optionally available. They do add carbs to this dish (.7 g per cherry tomato to be precise).
Substitutions + Tweaks
As you’ll be able to think about, there are dozens of how to make a low carb breakfast casserole. Listed below are some components you’ll be able to change round to get what you’re craving:
- Sub sausage for… bacon or make a breakfast casserole with ham.
- Or skip the meat for a vegetarian possibility.
- Attempt completely different keto greens, like mushrooms, broccoli, or spinach (ala crustless spinach quiche).
- Make it spicy by including extra tabasco or diced jalapenos.
- Add a crust, take a look at my keto quiche which makes use of my unbelievable keto pie crust.
Psst, for extra mix-in concepts, take a look at these prompt pot egg bites, or egg muffins.
How To Make Keto Breakfast Casserole
Not a lot to this breakfast casserole, only a quicke saute and browning of the meat, then you’ll be able to let your oven do the remaining. Right here’s how:
Prep the combo ins: Brown the meat and saute the veggies.
Combine all of it collectively: Whisk collectively the eggs, heavy cream, and tabasco. Add the shredded cheddar cheese, sausage, veggies, and tomatoes.
Bake: Pour right into a greased casserole dish + bake!
Storing, Freezing, + Reheating
This keto breakfast casserole is meal prep that doesn’t skimp on taste, the best breakfast for these of us who by no means have time for breakfast. So prep it, slice it, and luxuriate in hitting the snooze button all week lengthy. Right here’s how:
- Storing: Retailer leftover sausage within the fridge in an hermetic container. Prime with freshly sliced inexperienced onions after reheating.
- Freezing: Freeze particular person slices in their very own resealable baggies.
- Reheating: Merely reheat within the microwave, from the fridge or freezer.
This wholesome breakfast casserole is nice by itself, or with a slice of your favourite bread or toast–take a look at my keto biscuits or toast up a keto bagel.
Keto Breakfast Casserole Video Tutorial
Extra Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Keto Oatmeal
- Keto Pancakes
- Keto Smoothies
- Keto Granola
- Keto Egg Muffins
Keto Breakfast Casserole
Servings :9 slices
Prep Time25 minutes
Cook dinner Time25 minutes
Complete Time50 minutes
Prep. Preheat oven to 375 F and grease a 9×13 casserole dish.
Cook dinner sausage. Add breakfast sausage (1 pound) to a big skillet over medium warmth. Break the meat into small items whereas the sausage cooks. As soon as browned and now not pink, take away to a paper towel-lined plate.
Saute veggies. Rigorously take away extra grease from the pan (I do that by tilting the pan, and dabbing up the grease with paper towels and a set of tongs), and add vegetable oil (2 tablespoons). As soon as shimmering, add chopped onions (1 cup), chopped bell peppers (1 cup), and salt (1 teaspoon). Saute till mushy, about 10 minutes.
Eggs. In a big bowl, whisk eggs (10), heavy cream (1 cup), and tabasco (1/2 teaspoon). Stir within the shredded cheddar cheese (2 cups), cooled sausage, cooled cooked veggies, and sliced cherry tomatoes (1/2 cup). Pour into the ready casserole dish.
Bake within the oven for 35-40 minutes. You will know the casserole is finished as soon as the middle is about and the sides start to brown. Slice into 9 items, and luxuriate in!
Charge this Recipe
Followers Additionally Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Oil – go for a mild-tasting oil with a excessive smoke level. My favourite is avocado oil. Skip olive oil and coconut oil right here.
- Dietary info relies on 1 slice, should you minimize this recipe into 8 slices:
Energy: 478kcalComplete Carbohydrates: 5gProtein: 21gFats: 42gSodium: 979mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gInternet Carbs: 4g
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/web site/weblog is strictly prohibited.
« Bacon Wrapped Asparagus