This creamy, tacky, crustless quiche is stuffed filled with smokey bacon, melty cheese, and refined nutmeg. Having fun with a slice will make you’re feeling elegant, even when there’s nothing glamorous about your chaotic morning. Make it for brunch, lunch, or breakfast for dinner!
What’s the distinction between a crustless quiche and a frittata?
Though crustless quiche and frittata could appear the identical, there are a number of variations (which is able to differ with every recipe). Sometimes:
- Quiche (not this recipe) is made with a crust, whereas frittatas are all the time crustless.
- Frittatas are partially, or generally totally cooked over the range, whereas quiches are baked within the oven.
- Quiche accommodates heavy cream and a variety of meltable cheese. Whereas frittata accommodates a splash of milk and a lightweight sprinkle of cheese.
Crustless Quiche Substances
The proper ratio of cheese to cream to eggs in any quiche takes follow. It’s the way you get that fluffy (not dense) and creamy (not soggy) texture everyone knows and love in a quiche recipe. Right here’s my tried and true recipe:
- The meat: bacon.
- The veggies: Yellow onions + leeks. Remember to rigorously wash your leeks, they tend to stash filth. I all the time thinly slice and soak them in a bowl of water. Rinse in a colander, then dry completely earlier than sauteing.
- The bottom: Eggs + heavy cream.
- Spices: Cayenne pepper + nutmeg add complexity to the creamy base.
Crustless Quiche Recipes + Variations
This crustless quiche is extraordinarily straightforward to make with all of your favourite mix-ins. You’ll need to hold the ratio of components the identical–so as an alternative of including, contemplate swaps:
- Veggies: Swap the onions and leeks for broccoli, spinach (ala crustless spinach quiche), zucchini, asparagus, and even tomatoes.
- Cheese: suppose shredded gruyere, swiss cheese, and even cheddar.
- Meat: Swap bacon for pancetta, prosciutto (like I exploit in my crustless asparagus quiche), or use diced ham.
- Mini Quiche or quiche muffins: Pour the egg combination right into a muffin tin pan. You’ll be able to even flip this right into a keto breakfast casserole by doubling the recipe and pouring it right into a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Add a crust, simply pour this filling proper in. Know your bake time will differ.
The way to Make Crustless Quiche
Making crustless quiche is tremendous straightforward! Right here’s how:
Prep the mix-ins: Crisp the bacon and take away to a paper towel-lined plate. Prepare dinner veggies in bacon grease till comfortable.
Make the bottom: Whisk the eggs, cream, salt, pepper, cayenne, and nutmeg. Stir in cheese, cooled bacon, and veggies.
Pour egg combination right into a greased pie pan, and bake within the oven till the middle is agency.
Storing, Reheating, + Freezing Ideas
Quiche shops and freezes superbly and makes a terrific breakfast in minutes. Right here’s methods to take advantage of out of your leftovers:
- Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge. They’ll last as long as 4 days. Prime with contemporary herbs after reheating.
- Reheat within the microwave, at 50% energy.
- Freeze particular person slices of quiche in resealable baggies–Remember to take away as a lot air as potential earlier than inserting them within the freezer.
- Defrost within the microwave, or within the fridge in a single day.
Are quiches wholesome? Excessive in Fats? Low Carb?
Crustless or not, quiches are loaded with heavy cream, cheese, and egg yolks, making them a excessive fats and excessive calorie meals. That stated, skipping the crust right here makes this recipe a low carb and keto quiche.
Extra Egg Recipes You’ll Love
- Basic Deviled Eggs
- Egg Salad
- Crustless Zucchini Quiche
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Spicy Deviled Eggs
Servings :8 Slices
Prep Time25 minutes
Prepare dinner Time25 minutes
Complete Time50 minutes
Prep. Warmth oven to 375 F and grease a 9” pie pan, or oven-safe skillet (quiche/tart pan gained’t work for this quiche).
Crisp + saute. In a big skillet, add bacon (8 items sliced) and prepare dinner over medium warmth till crispy. Place cooked bacon on a paper towel lined plate to soak up extra grease. Add chopped onion (1/2 cup) and thinly sliced leek (1), and prepare dinner till softened, about 8 minutes.
Whisk. In a big bowl, whisk collectively eggs (6 massive), heavy cream (1 cup), salt (1/2 teaspoon), sprint of pepper, cayenne pepper (1/4 teaspoon) and a pinch of nutmeg till mixed. Stir within the cheese (1 cup). As soon as cooled, stir in bacon, onions, and leeks.
Bake + get pleasure from. Pour quiche into the greased pan, and bake for 20-25 minutes. You will know the quiche is completed as soon as the sides start to brown and the middle is agency. Enable quiche to chill for 10 minutes earlier than slicing, and luxuriate in!
Price this Recipe
Followers Additionally Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Cleansing leeks – Leeks generally tend to retailer a great deal of filth. I all the time slice them very skinny, break them aside, then soak them in a bowl of water. Rinse in a colander, then dry completely earlier than sauteing.
- Craving crust? This quiche could be made inside my keto pie crust — simply improve the bake time by 10 minutes, or till the middle units.
- Double the recipe and bake this quiche inside a casserole dish to feed a crowd!
Energy: 271kcalComplete Carbohydrates: 5gProtein: 10gFats: 23gSodium: 395mgFiber: 0gSugar: 1gInternet Carbs: 5g
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/web site/weblog is strictly prohibited.
« Spaghetti Squash Lasagna